NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

I don't really mind the surroundings, I mean the steel clouds show that it's obviously some sort of mechanical world, maybe like Truman show. It's Banjo's stupid square body I can't come to grips with. I just can't help but think that he would look better with more... erm... curves.

It's odd isn't it? True to the original, mind, and I do love the square shorts.

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (360)

- RARE says they didn't want to make a hi res version of the old Banjo platformer.

- You create vehicles with parts you find around the levels.

- GI says their first vehicles was a 4 wheeled kart with a spring attached to the bottom that allowed them to jump things. They later found a helicopter blade that allowed their kart to fly. Later they added balloons to the vehicle and put the blade on the back and created a hovercraft.

- RARE showed them a vehicle that was a monster truck that was able to detach its chasis to become a mini bike. When the bike ramped off a cliff it revealed collapsible glider wings and started flying.

- There will be 1,600 parts including weapons that you'll be able to attach to the vehicles.

- The town is called Showdown Town.

- GI says that despite the large focus on vehicles it still features platform elements from the previous games like traditional platforming, tight rope walking and jiggy piece collecting.

- Showdown Town is 16 times larger than anything RARE has created before.

- Every level has a different intro. Nutty Acres begins with a credits spoof of 80's soap opera's like Dallas.

- Note collecting is back and will act has currency that'll allow you to bu vehicle blueprints.

- RARE says there are 15 different challenges spread across 6 different levels. There will also be side missions.

Just nicked this from GT forums who nicked it from NeoGaf who nicked it from Junes issue of Game Informer :)

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (360)

- RARE says they didn't want to make a hi res version of the old Banjo platformer.

- You create vehicles with parts you find around the levels.

- GI says their first vehicles was a 4 wheeled kart with a spring attached to the bottom that allowed them to jump things. They later found a helicopter blade that allowed their kart to fly. Later they added balloons to the vehicle and put the blade on the back and created a hovercraft.

- RARE showed them a vehicle that was a monster truck that was able to detach its chasis to become a mini bike. When the bike ramped off a cliff it revealed collapsible glider wings and started flying.

- There will be 1,600 parts including weapons that you'll be able to attach to the vehicles.

- The town is called Showdown Town.

- GI says that despite the large focus on vehicles it still features platform elements from the previous games like traditional platforming, tight rope walking and jiggy piece collecting.

- Showdown Town is 16 times larger than anything RARE has created before.

- Every level has a different intro. Nutty Acres begins with a credits spoof of 80's soap opera's like Dallas.

- Note collecting is back and will act has currency that'll allow you to bu vehicle blueprints.

- RARE says there are 15 different challenges spread across 6 different levels. There will also be side missions.

Guess my prediction was right, if said a bit late :p

I do like the sound of the customisation, I hope its fully independant though (ie, not everyone will go through the same progression mentioned above) and I don't like the wording of "large focus on vehicles". Nevertheless I'll be buying it anyway no matter what so more fool me.

Just nicked this from GT forums who nicked it from NeoGaf who nicked it from Junes issue of Game Informer :)

Look above ;)

Look above ;)

Yeah but edited yours after I had posted. Yes I seen you just put the title at first. Busted! :)

Nah i put it before you (i think) but i stole it from GT as well so were even ;)

Hmm, not sure about this description. Big is great, but massive is unnecessary. I get the feeling it's only going to be huge because you can move around in fast moving vehicles, which means if it was the same size as a BK level, you'd get around it in 30 seconds. Well, this is the team behind the original game, so even though it's not the BK3 I would've preferred, I'll still hold out hope and wait and see what the reviewers give it later this year :)

Nah i put it before you (i think) but i stole it from GT as well so were even ;)

Nah I saw your original post which was....

"Dont know if its been posted yet but the title is Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts." Or words to that effect.

I DEMAND RECOGNITION!!!!

Nah I saw your original post which was....

"Dont know if its been posted yet but the title is Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts." Or words to that effect.

I DEMAND RECOGNITION!!!!

Yes then i was gonna post the build your own vehicle thing but decided to do a copy and paste from GT instead :)

Last edited by Caris : Today at 11:26 PM.

Today, 11:24 PM

Hero-of-Time

H-o-T wins :p

Last edited by Caris : Today at 11:26 PM.

Today, 11:24 PM

Hero-of-Time

H-o-T wins :p

Good game Caris, good game :)

Well i didn't copy of you! i was on the GT forums!

I know you didnt, I was just saying I nicked it first!

Bah, im too tired, had a hard day at work and dont need this :)

Before I go does anyone know if any videos will hit Marketplace for this tomorrow or will it just be on the net?

Calm down dears, its only a bit of info.

/obscure advert reference.

I really hope it isn't initialy focused on getting parts for crating cars and bikes.

If it is damn all this waiting for nothing.

I really hope it isn't initialy focused on getting parts for crating cars and bikes.

If it is damn all this waiting for nothing.

Yea, I wanna collect jiggies dammit!

Hmm so from that description from GI it sounds to me that Rare wanted to create BK3 but they also wanted to create a vehicle based game but couldn't decide which so they merged the two together. :/

I really hope theres more to it than that but platforming AND vehicle building / racing? One of the two elements is gonna come off worse surely? then again if any developer can pull it off, managing to combine the two flawlessly then it's Rare... or so I would have believed once upon a time. :blank:

I'm trying so hard to remain open minded here but at the moment I'm now somewhat conflicted, Is this really Banjo Threeie? or something completely new and unfounded with a few familiar elements to keep fans happy?

I guess soon we will know for sure...

*waits patiently*

I can't help but think they could have made a new IP for this, rather than using the Banjo name.

I shall reserve judgement until I see gameplay videos at the very least.

Is this really Banjo Threeie? or something completely new and unfounded with a few familiar elements to keep fans happy?
Yeah I think that may be right,

Not liking the sound of it from the new info.

Not jumping to any conclusions, but from this info,

Fuck you Rare