NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

More neogaf info:

Banjo (slated for November):

- Building vehicles is basically like playing with LEGO. You can always jump in and out of the vehicle editor and come right back to the game with the new design.

- Parts are easily placed and moved around. You don’t have to worry about connecting the motor with the wheels for example. Just place everything so they stick together and don’t get in the way.

- Vehicle designs can play a large role in missions. We saw one where you had to collect coconuts from a field and got a small truck that could suck them up. Unfortunately you couldn’t fit all the coconuts in the truck and had to back and deliver them in a large barrel. We were then shown how you could create a helicopter with a hook, that could pick up this large barrel, fly to the coconut field and fly low to scoop the coconuts in the barrel.

- Physics are awesome in this game and everywhere! With one design I placed the foot-in-a-box weapon behind a propella, and when I tried to use it, the foot/boot couldn’t get past the propella… well, until I used it enough times to actually kick the propella off the vehicle!

- Pixel art… imagine the possibilities (Rare already had an example of this, paying homage to a certain plumber)

- Multiplayer is great fun with the ability to either chose from pre-fabricated or own vehicle designs. It still needs some polish here and there, but showed great promise.

Hmmmm.

Okay, well it does sound quite awesome, but it just isn't Banjo.

Happy and sad, happy and sad.

My prediction was SO SO SO right! Look what i said earlier on in this thread...(hope it is was this thread)..:yay:

The whole "building" premise sounds like a perfect fit for the wii or DS...Typical.

It's like they took Viva Pinata building elements to heart and thought "let's get some customisation in our next platformer".

Personally I don't think BK needs anything like this...It would be nice to just have another old-school solid platformer (ala Galaxy) these days...instead of a gimmick thrown in everytime. As earlier stated, Kazooie flies so why the need?

Hope it turns out great but not so excited for it anymore.

This actually sounds good. I doubt I would have bothered with Banjo if it had been the same old routine.

- Building vehicles is basically like playing with LEGO. You can always jump in and out of the vehicle editor and come right back to the game with the new design.

Awesome. I was a bit aprehensive at first, but this sounds like it could be an absolutely excellent game.

Hmmmm.

Okay, well it does sound quite awesome, but it just isn't Banjo.

Happy and sad, happy and sad.

Agreed. Although this sounds like a fun game, and it is Rare we're talking about, it's just not a Banjo Kazooie game.

Whilst I might buy this game and love it -In a BK game, I want to collect Jiggies for fat walruses by collecting red feathers so I can fly through awesomely designed levels, not with a helicopter, with a bird I keep in my backpack. I can't help but feel that any brand, or a completely new name, could've gone on this title, but they thought that BK would make it sell better than some of their more recent original ventures have.

It would be nice to just have another old-school solid platformer (ala Galaxy) these days...
In a BK game, I want to collect Jiggies for fat walruses by collecting red feathers so I can fly through awesomely designed levels, not with a helicopter, with a bird I keep in my backpack.
Ahh... memories!

I can't help but feel that any brand, or a completely new name, could've gone on this title, but they thought that BK would make it sell better than some of their more recent original ventures have.

Thats a good point. They really should of just stuck this on a different brand, and kept the old Banjo designs.

Agreed. Although this sounds like a fun game, and it is Rare we're talking about, it's just not a Banjo Kazooie game.

Whilst I might buy this game and love it -In a BK game, I want to collect Jiggies for fat walruses by collecting red feathers so I can fly through awesomely designed levels, not with a helicopter, with a bird I keep in my backpack. I can't help but feel that any brand, or a completely new name, could've gone on this title, but they thought that BK would make it sell better than some of their more recent original ventures have.

Yeah, it sounds like it's a new game idea RARE had with Banjo stuck on at the side. Probably put off by the sales for their other new IP's recently (Kameo, Grabbed By The Ghoulies) and thought putting Banjo in it would increase sales. I'd rather at this point see two games - a "proper" Banjo Threeie, staying true to the first two, and then this with it's own set of characters and storyline.

Hazzah, the Banjo Kazooie game we've been waiting for, isn't what we've been waiting for...

From seeing the teaser trailer, the fears I got have grown bigger. It's not Banjo at all. Why did they have to make it into something that doesn't suit the franchise. Good going, I had faith in you Rare.

If you don't mind, i'll go back to the N64 games for closure. At least there I can do funny tasks that don't make sense instead of building uber vehicles.

Why the hell are people moaning? We still know near nothing bout the game really. All the info we have had consisted of a few screens and a paragraph of writing.

Wait till we see and video and some decent info before everyone starts crying.

Why the hell are people moaning? We still know near nothing bout the game really. All the info we have had consisted of a few screens and a paragraph of writing.

That was pretty much I was going to say.

Just wondering, nobody else heard of change?

Agreed.

It was bound to happen wasnt it? You will get people moaning because they have changed the old skool formula of B&K and then if Rare didnt add these new features you will get others moaning that they didnt change anything and its just Banjo in HD.

Personally Im excited as hell for this and Viva 2 :)

Lets look at Rare's choices:

1. Do nothing new, and automatically get the game billed as "nowhere near as good as the N64 games" right from the start.

2. Do some innovation, and let people complain about the changes.

I'm kind of glad they went for number 2...the originals are still very playable today.

The lego-style thing sounds great, and I'm sure that there will be plenty of "proper" platforming in the game, too.

Not really moaning, all I'm saying is that from what we can tell, this didn't need to be a BK game, and I hope the game will live up to its predecessors and the franchise is not just being used to sell the game.

I hope the game will live up to its predecessors and the franchise is not just being used to sell the game.

As much as I love Banjo...I don't really think it has much blind selling power.

Agreed to an extent, but consider its chances at attracting buyers through its name alone, as compared to the likes of Kameo and Grabbed by the Ghoulies. I'm not saying it's a huge brand that will be the sole source of all selling power, just that they might have stuck the name on to make it do better than something completely unique.

I just have this wild idea that this game was originally just called "nuts & bolts" and had some little robot mechanic as the main character, and then they thought it would be a good idea to stick BK in there instead.

Lets look at Rare's choices:

1. Do nothing new, and automatically get the game billed as "nowhere near as good as the N64 games" right from the start.

2. Do some innovation, and let people complain about the changes.

I'm kind of glad they went for number 2...the originals are still very playable today.

The lego-style thing sounds great, and I'm sure that there will be plenty of "proper" platforming in the game, too.

Doing some things new is fine, but so far, it looks like it's going to be a big part of the game. That big that it doesn't seem like a Banjo game.

I will wait for videos for now though, see how the gameplay is, but i'm not expecting too much.

Doing some things new is fine, but so far, it looks like it's going to be a big part of the game. That big that it doesn't seem like a Banjo game.

How can you say that? The last Banjo game was 10 years ago, 2 generations of consoles ago. Banjo will be very different no matter what they do. Just look how Goldeneye compares to Halo or COD4. All games evolve through time.

I meant the whole vehicle thing. All games/sequals/genres are gonna change through time. It's just looks the whole vehicle aspect doesn't really make it seem like a Banjo game,instead they just mixed ideas they had for a new game with Banjo.

I havn't seen it in this thread but it's called 'Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts'.

And on Kotaku

"won't strictly follow the traditional gameplay of the previous two colorful platformers, but will have a heavy focus on vehicles and vehicle building".

Screw. that. shit

I'm passing on this.

If it's a heavy focus on the vehicles then that sucks.

I'll probably pass now. Can only wonder the trailers gonna be like.

There's a video on the new info section above the friends option on the dashboard.

So I'm hearing; they didn't want to make another adventure game like the first two. They wanted to make it confined to one area like you see in the pictures.

Also they've taken out Kazooie's moves.......

As much as it looked good in motion they've managed to make me dislike a game because of written/spokeon information.