NEurope
Aussie

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts

There's a video on the new info section above the friends option on the dashboard.

So I'm hearing; they didn't want to make another adventure game like the first two. They wanted to make it confined to one area like you see in the pictures.

One area, even though massive and from the looks of it constantly changing, sounds a bit lame. But I'll reserve judgment until I see more.

Also they've taken out Kazooie's moves.......

As much as it looked good in motion they've managed to make me dislike a game because of written/spokeon information.

Get rid of Kazooie's moves...wtf?! :shakehead

There's a video on the new info section above the friends option on the dashboard.

So I'm hearing; they didn't want to make another adventure game like the first two. They wanted to make it confined to one area like you see in the pictures.

wat.

Also they've taken out Kazooie's moves.......

double wat.

I may have misheard but just go and watch it.

In the video Kazooie was holding some sort of wand....

I may have misheard but just go and watch it.

In the video Kazooie was holding some sort of wand....

Yeah he seems to be holding a 'wand' in the tightrope screen.

I remember what happened when Mario had something mechanical with him...

(I actually liked sunshine a lot, but it seems many people didn't)

Mid November release... WHAT HAVE RARE BEEN DOING... playing on those pool tables they got i bet

Im still not sure about this game but im not gonna judge it just yet

AND OMG whats Mario doing in the Gamevideos video .. theres no way Nintendo would let that happen... alright its only some blocks put together to look like him but what the hell

If I do get it, it won't be untill there's a decent price drop. What the hell have they been doing :heh:

Platforming = Awesome

Building your own vehicles = Awesome

Actually doing something new and interesting as opposed to sticking to the old routine which is why so many platformers fail = Awesome

I remember what happened when Mario had something mechanical with him...

(I actually liked sunshine a lot, but it seems many people didn't)

Mario Sunshine didn't fail (in my eyes) because of Flood. It was because of bad level design, an awful camera and dull enviroments. If Rare can make the rest of the world look as good as what they've shown, then this should be an excellent game. Definitely my most wanted game right now. Sorry, Resi 5.

All these knee-jerk reactions remind me of the whole celda thing.

http://gamevideos.com/video/id/18831

Man, I take back my DO WANT post. I'm sure if this game was a new IP just being announced at this conference everyone would be going nuts for it, but it's just not Banjo.

I still love the theme music. This made me want to play the original it was SO good, and LOL at the Mario part.

WTF!?

Ahhhhhhhhh so bad what I am seeing.

What the fuck was with the image of Mario?

WTF!?

Ahhhhhhhhh so bad what I am seeing.

What the fuck was with the image of Mario?

They think there game will be better than Mario?... maybe Mario Galaxy? :laughing:

Platforming = Awesome

Building your own vehicles = Awesome

Actually doing something new and interesting as opposed to sticking to the old routine which is why so many platformers fail = Awesome

Mario Sunshine didn't fail (in my eyes) because of Flood. It was because of bad level design, an awful camera and dull enviroments. If Rare can make the rest of the world look as good as what they've shown, then this should be an excellent game. Definitely my most wanted game right now. Sorry, Resi 5.

I'm sure it will be a great game, the thing that disappoints me from what I've seen so far is that I don't understand why it isn't a new IP. It's really un-Banjo (so far, at least) to the point where they could have made it a completely new game rather than completely change the formula of an old game which so many people love.

I thought it was because FLOOD made it to easy (which I can agree but nothing game breaking). Maybe the same theme for an entire game was a bit too much, but I completely disagree with the camera part, you cold control it entirely with the C-stick! It was only as bad as the person controlling it.

I'm sure it will be a great game, the thing that disappoints me from what I've seen so far is that I don't understand why it isn't a new IP. It's really un-Banjo (so far, at least) to the point where they could have made it a completely new game rather than completely change the formula of an old game which so many people love.

I can understand what you mean, but the fact that it'll probably be a great game is all that really matters to me. That being said, despite the vehicles, it still looks like a Banjo game to me.

Also- I'm sure the whole Mario thing was a joke (that'll be taken out of context and whined about for months to come all over the internet).

It was only as bad as the person controlling it.

... :(

I do wonder if GameVideo's servers are on the fucking moon or something. Their download rates are fucking disgraceful.

Some one got another god damn sauce?

I can understand what you mean, but the fact that it'll probably be a great game is all that really matters to me. That being said, despite the vehicles, it still looks like a Banjo game to me.

Also- I'm sure the whole Mario thing was a joke (that'll be taken out of context and whined about for months to come all over the internet).

... :(

I'm sure it will be a great game. Where you a fan of the N64 games? Because the reason for the disappointment people here are feeling stems from the nostalgia for those games, and the fact I and most others were hoping/expecting a new game in the same vein. "If it ain't broke don't fix it." The same way Zelda games have remained mostly the same all these years. This could easily be it's own game alongside a new Banjo.

I'm sure it will be a great game. Where you a fan of the N64 games? Because the reason for the disappointment people here are feeling stems from the nostalgia for those games, and the fact I and most others were hoping/expecting a new game in the same vein. "If it ain't broke don't fix it." The same way Zelda games have remained mostly the same all these years. This could easily be it's own game alongside a new Banjo.

Huge fan of the N64 games. I got BK with my N64 for Christmas, I'm more nostalgic about the original than any game other than maybe Mario Kart 64. :D

Maybe just seeing a new Banjo game is enough for me to be excited.

Ok seen the video...

It's too far removed to be a sequel so basically it's not...

it IS a new IP with the Banjo characters based around it / shoehorned into it

it's NOT Banjo Threeie and I doubt if such a thing even exists anymore, but may do in the future, but as far as the plot goes it doesn't feel like a continuation, therefore it's a spin-off to Banjo as well as being a new IP.

it IS somewhat exciting I must admit but it's most certainly NOT the Banjo that was once loved by many.

And finally, it IS different... whether that will prove to be it's greatest advantage or greatest downfall remains to be seen... :heh:

I still think it looks absolutely amazing in it's own way.

banjonutsboltsye1.jpg#

Awesome!

After seeing the video I'm less excited.

I think the same.

No, just no. I'm not saying the game won't be good, but such a huge focus on building and machines, bombarding things, races doesn't feel like what I want from Banjo at all.

It's good to take a new step, but this new step kinda feels like they're making Banjo Xtreme, which isn't something all that new tbh. The building looks pretty good though and it might turn out to make for some great game oportunities, but I'm kinda disapointed, they could make this for another game that's not Banjo. We'll see, but I'm not liking it one bit.

Same with me. Only thing I liked was the theme tune, apart from that, I give this a big fat 'MEH'.