Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched The Cat Returns...didn't really like it.

Mainly because the girl (who lives in our house...) who lent it to me literally tries to act like an anime girl...fake and full of stupid affectations. Which spoils the actual anime girl in this film.

But yeah, it kinda goes downhill once they reach the Cat Kingdom. I like he bits in Japan.

Mainly because the girl (who lives in our house...) who lent it to me literally tries to act like an anime girl...fake and full of stupid affectations. Which spoils the actual anime girl in this film.

But yeah, it kinda goes downhill once they reach the Cat Kingdom. I like he bits in Japan.

I liked it. Though, I find the voicing acting to be a little poor.

I liked it. Though, I find the voicing acting to be a little poor.

While I kinda like anime styling (not the ugly as fuck faces where the eyes are 90% of the face, and they're all schoolgirls with blue hair), I seem to always be disappointed with what I see of it recently.

Some of my favourite anime things are from Animatrix. Specifically the one with the girl and the group of boys in the "malfunctioning" house. That was beautiful. I might look up mroe stuff done by whoever did that.

>_> I love that movie

I'm already watching 4 series right now. Akikan, Clannad AS, jigoku shoujo mitsuganae and Toradora. Took a look at that skip beat thing, looks pretty good might consider picking it up. Its hell trying to keep up with all of these though. >_<

Its hell trying to keep up with all of these though. >_<

That's why I've gone down the path of watching complete series. I've got a back catalogue of anime to watch and there's more coming out so I watch the ones I've got whilst getting the ones that are coming out.

Works much better because then I don't forget what happens the previous episode and I don't have to watch the preview for the next episode at the end of it.

Quoted from the info on the link I posted above:

Series Synopsis: Kyoko followed her true love and childhood friend Sho to Tokyo so she could help him reach his dream of becoming an idol. She cleans, cooks, works three jobs and does nothing for herself because she loves him so much, but gets nothing in return. Still, she remains by his side. But then one day she goes unannounced to his agency with a delivery, and overhears him talking about her; he reveals to his manager that he only took her with him as a maid, and that he doesn't care for her at all. Upon hearing this, Kyoko doesn't just sit around and cry. She cuts and dyes her hair, changes her clothes and attitude and thus begins her journey to join showbiz and have her revenge against Sho.

This actually sounds very interesting. Is it an anime as well (i assume that it's at the very least, a manga).

While I kinda like anime styling (not the ugly as fuck faces where the eyes are 90% of the face, and they're all schoolgirls with blue hair), I seem to always be disappointed with what I see of it recently.

Some of my favourite anime things are from Animatrix. Specifically the one with the girl and the group of boys in the "malfunctioning" house. That was beautiful. I might look up mroe stuff done by whoever did that.

Tru dat. Studio4c or something I believe, they have done quite a few cool short films and the like. Think they did a similar thing for Batman, which I never watched.

Have to say I've pretty much stopped watching anime the past few months... meh.

Lol, I had your avatar in mind, I won't lie. :kiss:

Think of it in these ways:

You can get more emotion from the eyes than you can from the mouth.

Bigger eyes mean more emotion, which means more of an impact in an emotional scene.

Blame Disney and Bambi. Bambi's big eyes = KAWAII!

Think of it in these ways:

You can get more emotion from the eyes than you can from the mouth.

Bigger eyes mean more emotion, which means more of an impact in an emotional scene.

Yeah but generally the bigger the eyes get the more crap and girly the anime, so eyes have their limit. :heh:

Yeah but generally the bigger the eyes get the more crap and girly the anime, so eyes have their limit. :heh:

:p

The emotions thing doesn'y really hold weight, as those eyes mutate the face into a horrid shape in the first place.

But yeah, Beyond (Animatrix) is still one of my favourite anime things evar.

anime_gallery_beyond_2l.jpg

And the Batman thing was Animatrix-esque but most of the styles weren't very interesting. A lot of panning on single frames and stuff. There's 1 beautiful one where he's lying close to death in a sewer, and you see a flashback story in India. Oh, and the first story, about different childrens' perceptions of him.

(Both by Studio 4C!)

I dunno, I find myself rather partial to a bit of Mew Mew Power. That's a girl's anime and they've got mahoosive eyes.

Must look for the original version sometime... :bouncy:

Hey, I liked it! It's probably not as good as the other most famous movies from studio Ghibli, but I shamefully haven't seen them yet.

Yup, compulsive otaku girls are a fearsome problem. They can get irritating to the point of nerve rupture.

Yes, let's blame Disney, the reason why you're watching Anime at the moment

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but Disney actually had a huge importance in the rise of anime in Japan, and it's also responsible, in part, for the big eyes syndrome we were talking here.

I've been watching Tetsuwan Birdy Decode the past few nights, shall be completing it tonight, and I've been really liking it. I love the animation and the characters. Birdy's nose is a tad annoying at times when the animators/illustrators add that weird line on one of the sides of the nose. It looks wrong.

Clannad 16: :sad: Nice voice acting from the guy playing Tomoyo. Will be interesting to see how they do the following episodes.

Well, it finally happened. Now look harder at the lyrics of the OP (especially the full ones), and you'll see how clever it is. Contrasting, of course, with the horrible out of place ED. Anyone who thinks things are too depressing: please keep watching.

The thing about Sunohara and Kyou never dating was a reference to Kyou's arc in the game, where Sunohara asks Kyou out for complex reasons (not, oddly enough, because he wants to go out with her).

I was trolling ;____;

But yes, I'm slow.

Anyways...

UN, DEUX, TROIS!!!

UN, DEUX, TROIS!!!

UN, DEUX, TROIS!!!

OKAMA WAY!!!!!

FUCK YEAH, Bon Kurei is back, sorry to underestimate you again, Oda... You really do rule.

Ah damnit, I can't believe they are almost at level 5, this is going to be damn awesome, suddenly, all the hype surrounding Impel Down has come back, due to Mr 2

I was trolling ;____;

But yes, I'm slow.

Anyways...

UN, DEUX, TROIS!!!

UN, DEUX, TROIS!!!

UN, DEUX, TROIS!!!

OKAMA WAY!!!!!

FUCK YEAH, Bon Kurei is back, sorry to underestimate you again, Oda... You really do rule.

Ah damnit, I can't believe they are almost at level 5, this is going to be damn awesome, suddenly, all the hype surrounding Impel Down has come back, due to Mr 2

One Piece spoiler stuff:

Yaaaay! Bon Clay is great. Although I thought he died/got captured. I need to start catching up on the manga.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!