NEurope

One Piece fansubbers are a bunch of faggot retards.

Aniki = Big Bro

Nakama = Comrade (Why not translate it to Comrade, you may ask? Because One Piece fans look a lot cooler if they have it their own way)

Onee-Chan = Little Sister

ETC, etc

I've learned all of this just by watching One Piece, fucking weeaboos. I would understand it in a Japanese themed Anime, but not on a Fantasy World themed Anime.

Just as keikaku*.

*keikaku means plan in Japanese.

Just as keikaku*.

*keikaku means plan in Japanese.

Lol, did you get that from the youtube video sounding off about anime fansubs?

is the one. I found the guy a bit annoying, but he makes some fair points.

I remember seeing just a screencap of the scene where Light says it.

Reminds me of Shinji from F/SN saying 'People will die if they are killed'.

Idiot Shinji. Grow some balls.

One Piece fansubbers are a bunch of faggot retards.

Aniki = Big Bro

Nakama = Comrade (Why not translate it to Comrade, you may ask? Because One Piece fans look a lot cooler if they have it their own way)

Onee-Chan = Little Sister

ETC, etc

I've learned all of this just by watching One Piece, fucking weeaboos. I would understand it in a Japanese themed Anime, but not on a Fantasy World themed Anime.

Thanks for that! :grin: I thought Nakama meant Naviator! :p

It can be annoying but I'd rather that than Having Ramen as Pot Noodles!!!

My favourite subtitle faux pas is from Elfien Lied:

ComeOutWithPantsDown.jpeg

lolwutsubbers-34.jpg

This became populaur on message boards from doc on anime subs called The Faults of Anime Fansubs.

The others:

2hxm0wo.jpg

6z8nf6.jpg

2l9i8l.jpg

sq7g1t.jpg

ppldieiftheyarekilledxi6.jpg

Many more can be found in this topic.

the keikaku one is an old classic but "wouldn't die if you killed them" is just a Japanese idiom. It's not a bad translation, it just sounds sillier in English.

the keikaku one is an old classic but "wouldn't die if you killed them" is just a Japanese idiom. It's not a bad translation, it just sounds sillier in English.

Well, I'd argue translating an idiom literally when it isn't present in the target language is still bad translation.

True but there's often a split between people who want fansubbers to change things to have a similar meaning that we understand, and people who demand that they get the original meaning and don't want fansubbers to create their own interpretations. Can't please everyone :heh:

True but there's often a split between people who want fansubbers to change things to have a similar meaning that we understand, and people who demand that they get the original meaning and don't want fansubbers to create their own interpretations. Can't please everyone :heh:

Second lot of people should turn the subs off or stop pretending they know Japanese. :heh: You really can't covert the "original meaning" of something in Japanese into English much of the time, as you just end up with something nonsensical or absurd as above - the same is true for translation between any two languages that differ this greatly.

lolwutsubbers-34.jpg

This became populaur on message boards from doc on anime subs called The Faults of Anime Fansubs.

The others:

2hxm0wo.jpg

6z8nf6.jpg

2l9i8l.jpg

sq7g1t.jpg

ppldieiftheyarekilledxi6.jpg

Many more can be found in this topic.

Most of those meme's were born from 4Chan, bro.

The more you know...

Specially the "Just like Keikaku" and the "He wouldn't die even if we killed him"

Is anyone else finding the Bleach manga is becoming a bit annoying at the moment?

the fights are cool especially Ichigo's but at the end its always one more new thing (that usually Ulquiorra has up his sleeve), I like the new surprises but seriously getting repetitive in my eyes.

Whereas the Naruto manga, PHWOAR. Amazing!

see what pain really looks like. My guess is the other konoha people will find him and have to fight the girl for an epic battle. I'm still waiting for the 9 tails chakra to kick in!!

I'm disliking the Bleach manga aswell just now, it's moving so slowly it's a pain. Not to mention it's like 2/3 panels a page :heh:

Slight exageration, but you get my point.

Also I expect that to happen in Naruto aswell.

It was interesting to see that was what Nagata was like. Makes him and Naruto 2 sides of the same coin. They both want peace but are going about it different ways. If they go down the 'destruction' path, they would turn out like Nagato, and that would happen to Naruto hooked up to machines due to the 9 tails chakra harming his body.

I've started watching Naruto..which is going to take a while because i'm trying to work my way through Bleach filler as well...

Also..CLANNAD!!! another breakdown was had...parents didn't come in this time though so woooo! no embarrasing moment for moi!

Also..CLANNAD!!! another breakdown was had...parents didn't come in this time though so woooo! no embarrasing moment for moi!

I posted about it earlier, but my post was consumed in the great delete. Was a nice episode as always - I think Villan will like it for a certain scene. Anyway, apparently all 24 episodes will be on TV, so there's no waiting for a DVD special this time round. Giving them 5 more episodes to conclude, which seems ample to me. Not long now, should be good.

I have to say I was lucky no-one was around when I watched Clannad :heh:

I couldnt contain the tears... all the way from when..

Sanae cried

right until the end of the episode. =(

I have to say I was lucky no-one was around when I watched Clannad :heh:

I couldnt contain the tears... all the way from when..

Sanae cried

right until the end of the episode. =(

Ah yes. I was watching the raw, and didn't quite catch what Akio had said, so just picked up "it's okay now, I'll be here for you" (or somesuch) and saw her burst into tears. I had a hazy memory of what had happened in the game so was thinking "what the hell did Akio say?" Sad though, after going back and checking.

Things to watch out for in the following episodes: Ushio's teacher, the light orbs on the episode title screens.

Ep19 was brilliant. From the moment that song from s1ep9 played at the very beginning I knew it was going to be really good. And it was. The music played a blinder in adding emotion to each scene. Just all-round awesome!

I posted about it earlier, but my post was consumed in the great delete. Was a nice episode as always - I think Villan will like it for a certain scene. Anyway, apparently all 24 episodes will be on TV, so there's no waiting for a DVD special this time round. Giving them 5 more episodes to conclude, which seems ample to me. Not long now, should be good.

What scene did you think that was? I probably did like it anyway. :smile:

What scene did you think that was? I probably did like it anyway. :smile:

You're a

Fuko

fan right? I meant more the reappearance in general. Which comes with the song of course.

You're a

Fuko

fan right? I meant more the reappearance in general. Which comes with the song of course.

Ah, yes. Of course. I did enjoy that scene. :grin:

Every episode of that all I hear is people crying. I hate watching sad stuff.

^ Cmon, you can't say it's a joyride either. :P

Speaking of which, Toradora has got a turn to the "serious" more than I thought, which was a nice surprise. I didn't want it to be another happy-go-lucky over the top series.

The main characters are very interesting. I love the whole complicity between the two.

Man, I could feel the enormous impending humiliation on the breast pad accident and I don't even have boobs (but then again, neither does she, lol).

Some of it isn't really 'sad', to be honest. Emotional and moving, hai. But sad, iie.
you're becoming so wapanese :heh: sneaking all these japanese words in :indeed:

you're becoming so wapanese :heh: sneaking all these japanese words in :indeed:

Ha, I didn't want to be the one to say it.

Stop being BAAAAAAAAKAAAAAAAA, Shino and Shorty.

Anata Wapanese ja ne.

Anata kawaii, aniki