NEurope

I expected a little bit more action from Kemeko though, with all that CG and good animation they teased us with. And nope, nothing about a second season yet, I think.

I wanted to see the Gurren Lagann movie but it seems the DVD has not been released yet. :(

Hence, no subs.

I didn't expect anything from Kemeko so I wasn't that bothered, but it felt lacking.

I know a group wanting to sub the GL movie. It's strange, I'm sure the DVD is already out, maybe it's my lack of Japanese knowledge but I'm sure it's on amazon Japan.

Anyways, I know a group and I'll be sure to find out when they start tling it.

Right, after ironing out the above difficulties, I got it working. Maybe people like the Villan will now be interested in getting the game:

clannadscr.jpg

Dude, you know me too well. :santa:

Now that it looks like I don't need to know Japanese to play the game, I want to get it, but do I still need to have Japanese installed on the computer via the language thing in Control Panel? I think that's the only thing preventing me from playing it as I can't download it.

(Plus I saved that screenshot in a dandy little folder I have marked "Clannad", which itself is in an equally-dandy folder named "Anime". I must nearly be some sort of otaku by now...)

Dude, you know me too well. :santa:

Now that it looks like I don't need to know Japanese to play the game, I want to get it, but do I still need to have Japanese installed on the computer via the language thing in Control Panel? I think that's the only thing preventing me from playing it as I can't download it.

(Plus I saved that screenshot in a dandy little folder I have marked "Clannad", which itself is in an equally-dandy folder named "Anime". I must nearly be some sort of otaku by now...)

Erm, I wouldn't know, not having a Japanese free platform (plus as I do linguistics my computer has like 10 different languages and all sorts of crazy fonts installed), but you could always try. If not, you might be able to download the necessary Japanese font files from somewhere on the internets. Also, there are two levels - one is having Japanese fonts installed, which you probably already have if you can see kana and so on, and the second is setting the default language for non-unicode programs to be Japanese. This second one might require your windows cd.

Can't help you with getting Japanese characters on your system, although all you need is your Windows disk, but you can launch non-unicode programs in Japanese without making any adjustments using Applocale.

I must have just had some weird selective reading. I didn't see applocale mentioned at all when i read your post first time.

Also, there are two levels - one is having Japanese fonts installed, which you probably already have if you can see kana and so on, and the second is setting the default language for non-unicode programs to be Japanese. This second one might require your windows cd.

I have the first level, it's the second one I don't have. I also don't have the Windows CD. It looks like AppLocale is the way to go for me.

Fullmetal Alchemist Teaser

Are they completely remaking it? Or just doing from where ever the manga and first series go different?

Really enjoyed the first version, even if the end is a bit odd. So I'll keep my eye on this. Don't know if I like the really polished and clean look of this series though.

I have the first level, it's the second one I don't have. I also don't have the Windows CD. It looks like AppLocale is the way to go for me.

Well, I can test this one, because you can turn it on and off with a restart.

*goes away to test*

Edit: It works fine, just asks you to choose a font (which you can set in the menu). And anything still in Japanese comes up as nonsense. So providing the game lets you install it, you can apply the patch and then you'll be fine. Incidentally, it's kind of beta right now, and is a bit complicated to set up, but nothing too hard.

So, new fma manga is out. Its sweet.

Do you think kimbley is dead? That was a sweet idea, but now pride has caught him in his shadow things, could it be all over? Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn

I also read all of the claymore manga at the weekend. I like it, a little bit hard to understand at some points because the story decides to over complicate itself, but I shall keep reading it :)

So, new fma manga is out. Its sweet.

Do you think kimbley is dead? That was a sweet idea, but now pride has caught him in his shadow things, could it be all over? Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn

That was an awesome chapter. Can't wait to see it in motion.

Kimblee couldn't possibly survive that. Unless Pride somehow got his shadow around Kimblee's neck to protect him. Then there's Doctor Marcoh who could use the confusion to save Al from Pride's shadows.

FMA is so freakin awesome.

Amazon has finally shipped my copy of the third Zelda manga which was supposed to come out on the 3rd Feb. Looking forward to that.

No sign of One Piece vol 20 either which also came out on the 3rd. I find it a bit strange since they usually ship a week or two before the release date.

Speaking of One Piece, there seems to be coming a Cover with all the Shichibukai's there.

DO WANT!!!

Are you using XP? I could swear Japanese comes installed by default since Win98 SE.

Now that I have more free time I'm going to watch Toradora and Detroit Metal City. Who's with me, or has seen them already?

Then I'll watch the new Full Metal Alchemist when it airs.

And I bump Ramar's question, as I also want to see it answered:

Are they completely remaking it? Or just doing from where ever the manga and first series go different?

Anyone?

DMC is an awesome anime! I actually started reading the manga last night. The first volume is basically everything from the anime but it's still awesome.

I'm gonna watch Toradora when it finished airing so I can watch it all in one go.

I can't find anything about FMA going from the beginning but I just read that it'll be airing for a year. Maybe they could retell most of the first series that followed the manga in a few episodes.

It happened again. My eyes leaked salty water as I watched this episode. :cry:

It was all so beautiful. Ushio telling Tomoya what Sanae said about the only places to cry being in 'the bathroom and in Daddy's arms', then them both crying together, and that music, made me do that crying business as well. And then as Tomoya told Ushio about Nagisa and he wept...just wow, man. I keep nearly welling up again as I think about it.

must...not...click....spoiler.

>_<

I have to wait till tomorrow to see this. This series is getting a bit too depressing...its allways making me cry >_> except for the last ep, that one was alright, not too depressing

must...not...click....spoiler.

>_<

I have to wait till tomorrow to see this. This series is getting a bit too depressing...its allways making me cry >_> except for the last ep, that one was alright, not too depressing

noooooooooooooooooo spoilarrr *also must resist* :( Its gotten too sad for my gentle heart =(

P.S DMC is the shit. Watch it or Krauser II will EAT YOUR SOULLL.

Mwahaha.

But really its freakin' awesome :smile:

It happened again. My eyes leaked salty water as I watched this episode. :cry:

It was all so beautiful. Ushio telling Tomoya what Sanae said about the only places to cry being in 'the bathroom and in Daddy's arms', then them both crying together, and that music, made me do that crying business as well. And then as Tomoya told Ushio about Nagisa and he wept...just wow, man. I keep nearly welling up again as I think about it.

Was nicely done. I like the way they're following the game so accurately - at this rate, I predict the current arc will end by episode 20, leaving 21 onwards for... well, wait and see.

I broke down...parents came in...embassment and family bonding was had.

Lol, see how Clannad instills family values!

Kazokutte no wa, sou iu mon nan da yo! :heh: (points if you identify that quotation)

Edit: Where is my beloved normal [noparse]:heh:[/noparse] smiley? Hmph!

I broke down...parents came in...embassment and family bonding was had.

Another reason why Clannad has such a meaningful and clever name. :heh:

Although it would be just as meaningful if it was called "Kazoku".

Lol, see how Clannad instills family values!

Kazokutte no wa, sou iu mon nan da yo! :heh: (points if you identify that quotation)

Akio says, well, yells, it in s1ep22. It means something like "That's what families are for." :smile: