NEurope

But it's incredible how much they're delaying this. And now KyoAni is producing that new series (was it K-ON?) that will probably delay it even more. How many eps are there for them to finish Clannad? Will they animate the other after stories, if there are any?

7 more to complete the series (not counting the one that aired in the last few hours), although they'll probably have the last as a DVD only episode. It's doubtful they'll do anything more than that, as they've covered most of the other arcs already.

And now I've seen that episode. I loved the effect with the music, but don't like the way they're still keeping the ED, despite the fancy transition. Content-wise, it was very nicely done. And sad. :(

The DBZ TV series is receiving an extensive "refresh" for Japanese television airing

• This is a celebration of the 20th anniversary of DBZ
  • While based on the original animation production, it is being updated with new technology
  • This includes extending the frames for formatting on an HD 16:9 display (note: not cropping the image)
  • The original Japanese cast is re-grouping to re-voice the show (where available, and unfortunately not including those that have passed on, such as Hirotaka Suzuoki [Tenshinhan])
  • Sound effects are being updated
  • Unlike the general show, the OPs and EDs are being completely redone
  • While not in the above announcement, other reports are noting that the number of episodes is being reduced from 291 to approximately 100
  • This begins 05 April 2009 @ 9 am

The DBZ TV series is receiving an extensive "refresh" for Japanese television airing

• While based on the original animation production, it is being updated with new technology
  • This includes extending the frames for formatting on an HD 16:9 display (note: not cropping the image)
  • The original Japanese cast is re-grouping to re-voice the show (where available, and unfortunately not including those that have passed on, such as Hirotaka Suzuoki [Tenshinhan])
  • While not in the above announcement, other reports are noting that the number of episodes is being reduced from 291 to approximately 100

Best. News. Ever. I'm rewatching the original Dragonball right now, and once I finish, I can watch the DBZ remake. Perfect.

Aww fuck off. This is a bloody joke. Just when I start buying the proper season sets FUNimation which are cropped and details missing etc, this gets announced, then this'll get dubbed then FUNimation is gonna anal screw the DBZ fans and re-re-re-re-release DBZ bloody again with the super-hyper-mega-ultra uncut collection. I start to get the stupid DVDs(edited) with 3 eps a disc, then the the uncut editions get released along with the last few movies, they discontinue them, they get the season sets which will be replaced by this. Bah.

I love DBZ, but bloody hate the team in FUNimation who handles DBZ, so much milking it isn't funny. Now i'm gonna have to sell these sets/DVDs to make space for this. How hard is it to get a really good set of DVDs without paying crap loads of money.

Awesome news, but conflicting feelings.

Yus! Original voice actors of Ed and Al from FMA are reprising their roles for ze second series.

Bring on 5th of April!

Yus! Original voice actors of Ed and Al from FMA are reprising their roles for ze second series.

Bring on 5th of April!

Two days before my birthday :D

Bring on 5th of April!

Wonder who'll be replacing Al in the dub now. Hope it's a good VA that's like Aarons. Yeah, I like the dubs :heh:

I'm expecting most if not all of the Japanese cast to come back and re-prise their roles. Ed and Al was a given since they do FMA events. Though I wonder how many eps will be subbed and released before FUNimation license it and stop fansubbers forcing us to wait fo ra dub to see the rest :heh:

Damn you've beaten me to it Dante.

But that's awesome news! And they're going to cut all the crappy filler out too! Now Namek, which was supposed to blow up in 5 minutes won't take 20 episodes to blow up.

7 more to complete the series (not counting the one that aired in the last few hours), although they'll probably have the last as a DVD only episode.

That's cruel. I don't usually buy DVDs but I hate when they do that anyway.

But I heard that there are more "after stories" from the game. Or is Nagisa the only one?

Aww fuck off. This is a bloody joke.

And I hate that too and it's one of the reasons why I think I'll never buy DVD sets. You buy one and then here comes the superduper better version.

I decided never to get them since I had them all on recorded on tape the first time it aired here and I still have a VCR. But since I thought it might be best to get them on DVD, I wait, then when I think they won't release an even better version, they do.

Although if they really do cut out the filler, then the re-mastering will be fantastic.

April is shaping up rather nicely, DBZ, FMA, E7 Movie, Gundam 00 finishing off, DB Movie(lol) and i'm sure there are other things that i've forgotten.

And now I've seen that episode. I loved the effect with the music, but don't like the way they're still keeping the ED, despite the fancy transition. Content-wise, it was very nicely done. And sad. :(

I was expecting it to be set just after ep16. But when Sanae appeared, I began to wonder just how far after ep16 this was. Then we saw little Ushio (aww, kawaii.) and we knew.

Have to agree with the music. A part of me felt like crying during that music at the end of the episode (when they're walking together). But maybe they should get a new ED theme.

Also, I loved little Ushio. I remember being a bit like she was when I was five. I was always saying "I wanna go wee-wee." and being a bit of a bragging little scrote ("Miss, I ate all me sandwiches!") :grin:

All these sad posts about Clannad make me nervous for when I finally watch it. Currently getting the better quality version so I'd be behind if I watched when it aired but I don't think I could last another emotional rollercoaster.

People said Eureka 7 was brilliant and I was depressed for days/weeks after it. People now are saying Clannad is really sad... it's going to be bad.

I think everyone was like that after E7. I know I was, I spent my holiday in America thinking about it all and having dreams about E7 :heh:

While people are saying Clannad is sad, I wonder what the after effect will be with people.

That's cruel. I don't usually buy DVDs but I hate when they do that anyway.

But I heard that there are more "after stories" from the game. Or is Nagisa the only one?

Nothing as major as after story. There are some other little... things though, which had better be in this season (they almost definitely will be).

All these sad posts about Clannad make me nervous for when I finally watch it. Currently getting the better quality version so I'd be behind if I watched when it aired but I don't think I could last another emotional rollercoaster.

People said Eureka 7 was brilliant and I was depressed for days/weeks after it. People now are saying Clannad is really sad... it's going to be bad.

That's what kept me from watching it from the start. I got depressed just for finishing up Azumanga Daioh. How awesome is that? Evangelion and Death Note too, but that's more normal.

I usually get depressed when I finish up something I was enjoying a lot. Now that I think of it, the same happened when I finished awesome videogames I felt attached to, like Metroid Prime.

Nothing as major as after story. There are some other little... things though, which had better be in this season (they almost definitely will be).

Things like the Tomoyo chapter special?

I also want to express my happiness for the filler free remastered DBZ yet again. Can't wait for it, and I hope it's just not an half-assed upscale or something. I'll rewatch the 1st DB too.

Things like the Tomoyo chapter special?

No, things that I can't really mention without major spoilers. There's also potential for more stuff like the Tomoyo chapter - in particular, Kyou's arc, some stuff to do with Ryou, and various other arcs like Akio's and Sanae's. It's less likely any of these will get done, but I suppose they may be.

Has anyone been following Bonen no Xamdo/Xam'd: Lost Memories?

Surprised to see the last 5 episodes up at once and now it's all over.

It was a brilliant series. The story made little sense because of the intermittent watching, but the last few episodes... Nakiami and her hair down... I'm a sucker for red heads.

Seeing everyone older at the end, especially seeing the kids all grown up.

At first it was visually awesome, the animation was great. Then it died down for a very long time. At the end, the last 4 or 5 episodes, it picked up again and the battle was awesome to watch.

Ya'll should watch it.

It was a pretty good episode, but I wasn't too keen on a few things they chagned. I think that the clown's role in the manga was much better suited, and at least it wasn't just a robot. Also, there was too much jumping all over the place. Still, it was pretty decent, even if it wasn't as good as the manga. Looks like they're building up to the final battle now, I hope it's going to be an epic one!

Quite liked the music for that there. I was wondering how they would of handled that. The first series had some great pieces and I wondered if this series would use the same music or different or mix. Animation looks nice aswell.

Dammit, I accidentally deleted a vital (tiny) file from the Clannad game when testing the patch and now can't play it. And if I ask people for the file, they accuse me of pirating the game, and I can't reinstall it as the disk (which I bought legally) is at home. :(

FMA looking good. Can't wait.

I watched Kemeko recently, apart from it being a tad mental it was quite funny. The last episode didn't close anything up so I wonder if there's a second series. Has anything been announced?

Also I just watched an AMV of TTGL on youtube and it nearly made me cry. I hate remembering what happens in awesome anime like that.

Dammit, I accidentally deleted a vital (tiny) file from the Clannad game when testing the patch and now can't play it. And if I ask people for the file, they accuse me of pirating the game, and I can't reinstall it as the disk (which I bought legally) is at home. :(

Right, after ironing out the above difficulties, I got it working. Maybe people like the Villan will now be interested in getting the game:

clannadscr.jpg

^ Hmm. I like the artstyle in the anime better, specially from the other characters. And do I read "Full Voice"? Is the game voiced over?

Fullmetal Alchemist Teaser

Looks like 5 April is when I finally will get to watch this series I've wanted to watch many years ago.

FMA looking good. Can't wait.

I watched Kemeko recently, apart from it being a tad mental it was quite funny. The last episode didn't close anything up so I wonder if there's a second series. Has anything been announced?

Also I just watched an AMV of TTGL on youtube and it nearly made me cry. I hate remembering what happens in awesome anime like that.

I expected a little bit more action from Kemeko though, with all that CG and good animation they teased us with. And nope, nothing about a second season yet, I think.

I wanted to see the Gurren Lagann movie but it seems the DVD has not been released yet. :(

Hence, no subs.

^ Hmm. I like the artstyle in the anime better, specially from the other characters. And do I read "Full Voice"? Is the game voiced over?

Yep, there's there's a voice patch for the old version, and a new version that comes with voices and has a larger resolution and a few more cgs (which is what I have).