NEurope

TTGL Parallel Works 2 - BafBaf! Do You Like Being That...Fired Up?

VIDEO

(Pachinko World) O_o

Pachinko: How it works

What!!? Wasn't the second video supposed to be the epic fight of Lord Genome against

the Anti-Spirals many years before the events in the anime??

That one was kinda weird and way inferior to the 1st one.

KURENAI

I want to give this a 10 but it drops a few decimal points for the animation (which made a few parts a little silly) and perhaps a few untied ends. Good ending for a change, not many of those around. Really amazing voice acting, I hope kurenai inspires other studio's to pick up this method because the results are excellent. The story was original as well and darker than it seems, even if they did have to add a supernatural element. Lot of charm, great humour, recommended to everyone.

Of course you probably already knew that.

Hey more fun facts, the voice actor for Shinkuro is a girl, and the voice actor for Murasaki is only 16.

The method you mentioned earlier in which the voice acting is recorded before the animation and only then the mouth movements are animated according to the sound, sure makes it feel more natural. They should use it in other anime.

zomgnhkfx0.jpg

Anyone seen Welcome to the NHK? Its a tale about a hikikomori (social outcast) and his "fight" against the imaginery conspiracy NHK that he believes is responsible for his hikikomori situation. Funny as zomg, very high production quality, deep and entertaining story.

A small sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ZecmnNXyM

Id give it 5 out of 5 stars. Best anime Ive seen in a long while.

Yeah there's a few big fans here. I've never seen the anime but loved the manga. Will have to give the anime a try one day.....

zomgnhkfx0.jpg

Anyone seen Welcome to the NHK? Its a tale about a hikikomori (social outcast) and his "fight" against the imaginery conspiracy NHK that he believes is responsible for his hikikomori situation. Funny as zomg, very high production quality, deep and entertaining story.

I started watching it and am about 12 episodes in.

Love the show, gonna have to finish it soon. along with a dozen other shows too

Well i'm similarly just starting Welcome to the NHK. In fact i stopped to finish off Beck but now that I've done that i'll get starting again i think ^.^ The first 3 / 4 episodes seemed pretty awesome :)

And has anyone seen The Girl Who Leapt Through time? Got it today... wonder when I'll find time to watch...

Girl Who Lept Through Time is indeed awesome. So is NHK, both the anime and the manga.

I've been planning on watching Welcome to the NHK for a bit now. Trying to find a dubbed version of it (Shut it!). Although I haven't been trying very hard tbh.

Also, anybody know where I can watch the dubbed version (again, quiet!) of Beck? I want to watch that one too.

Buy them on DVD? ;)

But you're going to lose a lot of the original humour with dubs. And with Beck... well it's about a band, and you're not going to get the original effect with a dub now are you? From what I've heard, the Beck dub sucks especially bad.

Buy them on DVD? ;)

But you're going to lose a lot of the original humour with dubs. And with Beck... well it's about a band, and you're not going to get the original effect with a dub now are you? From what I've heard, the Beck dub sucks especially bad.

And do I care?...

...hmm...the care-o-meter says no...the V-sign I'm doing also says no...ooh, it's hard to figure out... :wink:

People aren't retards, we don't repeat this shit to annoy you, we're actual trying to help you. In before "I didn't ask/care for help".

People aren't retards, we don't repeat this shit to annoy you, we're actual trying to help you. In before "I didn't ask/care for help".

I'd like to know why you think you're trying to "help" me.

In the beck dubs, do the english people speak japanese?

I bet not. Most dubs are all in English, except for the odd Japanese word hither and thither.

In the beck dubs, do the english people speak japanese?

Good point. Beck in particular would lose alot with no contrast between the English and Japanese voices.

I think I can safely agree that, 95% of the time,

Dubs <<< Subs

And both Beck and Welcome to the NHK are both in that 95%

Good point. Beck in particular would lose alot with no contrast between the English and Japanese voices.

I think I can safely agree that, 100% of the time,

Dubs <<< Subs

And both Beck and Welcome to the NHK are both in that 95%

Fixed for great justice.

Girl Who Lept Through Time is indeed awesome. So is NHK, both the anime and the manga.

I'll have to get the NHK manga. The anime was superb, I thought pretty much everyone in this thread had already watched it and that I was behind on it back when I watched it.

The Girl who leapt through time I watched recently and that was brilliant aswell.

I'd like to know why you think you're trying to "help" me.

Most people in this thread understand that dubs will never be on par with subs, so don't expect us to know where we can find the dubbed version. We're helping you by making it easier for you to find it, by recommending the sub, as you're more likely to find the subbed version.

It's sad how being too lazy to read a few lines stands in the way of enjoying the medium as it's supposed to be watched.

That's why he doesn't watch subbed anime? Because he doesn't want to read? Meh, I don't care, it's his choice. I mean, I can't possibly understand it, it boggles the mind it's positively disturbing! (lol) But, it's not like he's forcing us to watch dubs is it?

zomgnhkfx0.jpg

Change "a long while" to "ever" and you have my opinion of the show.

Regarding subs/dubs - originality and humour retention issues aside, research suggests that once you get used to watching something with subs, you process the subs as if you were listening to the soundtrack in English, so in effect, your brain dubs for you. Make of that what you will.

Watched the last of Kurenai, I really liked this anime, thought it was a nice little gem! Well worth a watch, very heart-warming! :)

...now for Welcome to the NHK!

NHK is definitely on my to watch list. What are the main differences between the manga and the anime?

Fixed for great justice.

100% of the time? Really? Even for Portuguese DBZ?

That's not a dub, that's evolution.

That's not a dub, that's evolution.

HOHO! No excuses! You have just been busted.

On a related note. Kintaro's voice acting in the english dub of Golden Boy is surprisingly funny, in a good way. All the other characters are not though.