NEurope

I know it was ages ago people were wondering but I have found a timeline for GitS:

ORIGINAL UNIVERSE

Set in 2029: Ghost in the Shell (movie, 1995)

Set in 2032: Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (movie, 2004)

TV UNIVERSE and beyond

Starts in 2030, but deviates from original movie: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (TV, 26 eps, 2002)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Tachikoma na Hibi (DVD only, 26 one-minute shorts, 2002)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd GIG (TV, 26 eps, Jan 2004)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: The Laughing Man (OAV, 2005)

Ghost in the Shell: Individual Eleven (OAV, 2006)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society (movie, 2006)

Which is a bit obvious but ah well. Still yet to see most of that :/

zomgnhkfx0.jpg

Anyone seen Welcome to the NHK? Its a tale about a hikikomori (social outcast) and his "fight" against the imaginery conspiracy NHK that he believes is responsible for his hikikomori situation. Funny as zomg, very high production quality, deep and entertaining story.

A small sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ZecmnNXyM

Id give it 5 out of 5 stars. Best anime Ive seen in a long while.

So the anime is good? I heard other things from other fans of the manga (which I am up to date with regarding Tokyopop releases). Looks like I'l give it a watch after I get volume 8 in september.

I know it was ages ago people were wondering but I have found a timeline for GitS:

ORIGINAL UNIVERSE

Set in 2029: Ghost in the Shell (movie, 1995)

Set in 2032: Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (movie, 2004)

TV UNIVERSE and beyond

Starts in 2030, but deviates from original movie: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (TV, 26 eps, 2002)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Tachikoma na Hibi (DVD only, 26 one-minute shorts, 2002)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: 2nd GIG (TV, 26 eps, Jan 2004)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: The Laughing Man (OAV, 2005)

Ghost in the Shell: Individual Eleven (OAV, 2006)

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society (movie, 2006)

Which is a bit obvious but ah well. Still yet to see most of that :/

Nice too know.

I still have a lot have a lot to watch, still on 2nd GIG. That is propaply because I keep re-watching the originial movie instead of watching more.

So the anime is good? I heard other things from other fans of the manga (which I am up to date with regarding Tokyopop releases). Looks like I'l give it a watch after I get volume 8 in september.

You should know how fans of manga are they always attack the anime counterpart, they think manga is more 1337, they can never accept both versions.

Most people in this thread understand that dubs will never be on par with subs, so don't expect us to know where we can find the dubbed version. We're helping you by making it easier for you to find it, by recommending the sub, as you're more likely to find the subbed version.

It's sad how being too lazy to read a few lines stands in the way of enjoying the medium as it's supposed to be watched.

How is it sad? How is it lazy? It takes as much effort to listen to something as it does to read. Which is, basically, not a lot of effort.

I get the whole "Subs pwn dubs" idea, but it isn't as if every single dub version ever made is absolutely god-awful to listen to. There may be a few bad dubs hither and thither, official or fandub or 4kids dub, but there are some that are pretty good.

That's why he doesn't watch subbed anime? Because he doesn't want to read? Meh, I don't care, it's his choice. I mean, I can't possibly understand it, it boggles the mind it's positively disturbing! (lol) But, it's not like he's forcing us to watch dubs are we?

I've said it before: Watching dubbed is just a mere preference of mine, but I'll happily watch something subbed if dubbed isn't available. However, if there is a dubbed version of it, I'll prefer to watch that version.

Clannad hasn't been dubbed, and I was okay with watching it subbed. But if it does ever get dubbed, I'll watch it that way.

Also; why would I force you to watch dubs? You've set your preference as subbed, I've set mine to dubbed. I can respect your preference, so why the hell can some of you not seem to respect mine? No matter how weird or disturbing you think it is? That's what boggles my mind.

I've said it before: Watching dubbed is just a mere preference of mine, but I'll happily watch something subbed if dubbed isn't available. However, if there is a dubbed version of it, I'll prefer to watch that version.

Clannad hasn't been dubbed, and I was okay with watching it subbed. But if it does ever get dubbed, I'll watch it that way.

Also; why would I force you to watch dubs? You've set your preference as subbed, I've set mine to dubbed. I can respect your preference, so why the hell can some of you not seem to respect mine? No matter how weird or disturbing you think it is? That's what boggles my mind.

My whole post was about respecting your opinion, unlike other posts, why the hell are you getting aggressivE?

I found deathnote anime better than the manga

The music made it for me, it was epic. Oh, and naruto anime is better but with filler = bad so the manga is the way to go :P

My whole post was about respecting your opinion, unlike other posts, why the hell are you getting aggressivE?

I know you were, mate, that's why I said "some of you". I didn't mean you in particular. :smile:

I'm not getting aggressive, btw, I know it looks like it, but I just don't get why some people here can't understand that I just like to watch dubbed anime.

Can we not argue over the dubbed/subbed thing again please?

In other news, Bleach and Naruto double episodes coming soon! They better be decent, or i'll be disappointed :heh:

Double episodes were almost always bad I found, it gave them a reason to stretch things out even more.

I know you were, mate, that's why I said "some of you". I didn't mean you in particular. :smile:

I'm not getting aggressive, btw, I know it looks like it, but I just don't get why some people here can't understand that I just like to watch dubbed anime.

Aaah mmkay :P

If this Naruto double ep would end the fillers it would be great, but it's more like the beggining of the 2nd part of the fillers. Bah.

Double episodes were almost always bad I found, it gave them a reason to stretch things out even more.

Well this is true. With bleach its kinda getting good (compared to what we have been seeing) Maybe a good battle or two ahead :smile:

But its still a boring arc.

Watched the first 9 episodes of Welcome to the NHK and I'm absolutely loving it so far! Gotta get myself to bed now though, get some more watched tomorrow... I'll never pack for moving house at this rate! Ha ha

In other news, Bleach and Naruto double episodes coming soon! They better be decent, or i'll be disappointed :heh:

Woo.. DOUBLE FILLER! I'd rather have bat shit smoothies.

Woo.. DOUBLE FILLER! I'd rather have bat shit smoothies.

Fear not, the next chapter is almost upon us.

To prlong me finishing Gundam 00, i'm watching a few new animes, going to start Kurenai, Welcome to NHK and s-cry-ed along with the rest of GURRREEENN LAGGANNNNN.

Fear not, the next chapter is almost upon us.

To prlong me finishing Gundam 00, i'm watching a few new animes, going to start Kurenai, Welcome to NHK and s-cry-ed along with the rest of GURRREEENN LAGGANNNNN.

Why can't yoko ever find happiness? first Kamina dies, and then SPACE KING KITTAN dies =[ sucks!!

Why can't yoko ever find happiness? first Kamina dies, and then SPACE KING KITTAN dies =[ sucks!!

But then the Final battle wins all.

TehMegaton.gif

Anyone know what's happened to Kyouran Kazoku Nikki? I swear I've gone a few weeks without it, same with Soul Eater.

TehMegaton.gif

Anyone know what's happened to Kyouran Kazoku Nikki? I swear I've gone a few weeks without it, same with Soul Eater.

Soul eater was out friday wasn't it?

And the final battle was SO AWESOME

Soul Eater is still being broadcast but the subbers are slow. 12 was broadcast on Monday evening. Nikki 11 Broadcast on saturday but the subbers are only up to 8. Just slowness again.

Simple. She is what we call doom bitch.

Seriously, dont ever kiss her. Ever.

TehMegaton.gif

I'm up to episode 7 of Kyouran Kazoku Nikki... I think 8 is out now. :) I feel they are just slow maybe.

What I've been watching recently is Soul Eater and Ergo Proxy. Both are excellent. :D

Soul Eater 10 and 11 were really good and I've grown to like Black Star more now and thought it was great how they developed Tsubaki as a character through her past.

Ergo Proxy is just... WOW... I'm really enjoying this though haven't watched any this week. Might continue with it tonight. ^___^ (though I need to read a book)

Simple. She is what we call doom bitch.

Seriously, dont ever kiss her. Ever.

Kittan brought it on himself though. He'd seen Kamina die and he knew the relationship Yoko and Kamina had. When I was watching it Yoko didn't look like she had that kind of relationship with Kittan. He brought it on himself. His death and the others deaths were all just annoying.

I've just read some words of Genshiken. Anyone seen it?