NEurope

Well it makes sense for the english release, however it wouldnt be for the japanese release.

Viz had named them both differently, when it was simply called Dragonball, even through the Z period, in japan.

Guess its probably looking out for the fans who watched Z before Dragonball and never knew of its existance (After all, I only found out years after Dragonball Z aired that there was a story before it, however cartoon network didnt bother til after GT to show it)

Edit: I agree about Sora, another fag so they can play out the whole 'Naruto changes lives' bullshit again, Gaara was enough, now we got some other fag with something obviously inside him to replay it all again.

I gave up with the fillers straight after Naruto's and Sora's fight at the fire temple which saw Naruto literally cart wheel. It looked awful.

btw I ordered dbz season 5 today. It shipped within 2 hours.

I now have all the sets that are out so far, except for the dead zone/worlds strongest set

As far as the actual series is concerned, I have the saiyan saga through to the perfect cell saga. With 3 differently dubbed versions of each episode

Edit: I agree about Sora, another fag so they can play out the whole 'Naruto changes lives' bullshit again, Gaara was enough, now we got some other fag with something obviously inside him to replay it all again.

I gave up with the fillers straight after Naruto's and Sora's fight at the fire temple which saw Naruto literally cart wheel. It looked awful.

Aye that was just awful. The whole emental chakra thing is pretty cool but as soon as anything is brought into the anime it's everywhere. Every fight is like 'omg nowai she has can use all 5' and other variations.

The Genshiken OP is awesome.

Aye that was just awful. The whole emental chakra thing is pretty cool but as soon as anything is brought into the anime it's everywhere. Every fight is like 'omg nowai she has can use all 5' and other variations.

Oh god yes. I wish anime writers had some sort of concept of subtelty. :-/

Manga rather than anime (I actually prefer manga these days), but I just read volume one of Day of Revolution. What a fantastic little manga. It's cute, it's funny, and it's topical. I've ordered volume 2 :) It's the prequel-story-of-sorts to Princess Princess. Amazon lists it as "yaoi" but it's not, really, it's actually less "ecchi" than most mangas I read :-p

got DBZ season 5 through the post this morning. Only cost me 22.50 and I only ordered it yesterday!!!

Where did you order it from? I normally just get it from America but can't be bothered waiting for it through the post. And time you add on postge and handling for a boxset it's probably around that price if not cheaper.

Oh god yes. I wish anime writers had some sort of concept of subtelty. :-/

Very true, but ofcourse, this just shows the stupidity of the filler writers. In the Naruto manga, and this isnt very spoilerish, more of a relief, there is no one (yet, hopefully never) that can use all 5 elements.

Well as far as I can remember. Pain is probably a dead certain to use them all, but he's a very bizarre case.

Begun watching Monster, finished the first 2 episode and my god the faces are ugly. Good set up for the series though.

So far no. I think it's cause of a licensing problem.

Also I hate FUNimation and how they handle the DB franchise. Isn't even funny how much they re-re-re-re-release things and milk it.

the sets are easy enough to get of ebay anyway, and i prefer funimation to the ocean dub

I prefer the Ocean dubs. They're much better imo. I hate Gohans/Kid Gokus voice with FUNimation.

Oh wow, a Sekirei anime. Fanservice-extreme manga, but still pretty cool.

Sekirei%20-%2001%20-%20Large%2017.jpg

The first anime ep looks to contain alot 'fanservice-extreme' as well. :o

Japan's Weekly Manga Rankings

The top ten manga in Japan for the week of June 3rd - June 9th, 2008 are as follows:

1. One Piece, Volume 50

2. D. Gray Man, Volume 15

3. Katekyo Hitman Reborn!, Volume 20

4. The Prince of Tennis, Volume 42

5. Eyeshield 21, Volume 30

6. Gray Ark: D. Gray Man Official Fanbook

7. Mx0, Volume 9

8. Iryuu - Team Medical Dragon, Volume 17

9. Kuroshitsuji, Volume 4

10. Cross Game, Volume 12

Japan's Weekly Anime TV Rankings

The top ten anime series on TV in Japan for the week of June 2nd - June 8th are as follows:

1. Sazae-san

2. Chibi Maruko-chan

3. Crayon Shin-chan

4. One Piece

5. Gegege no Kitarou

6. Doraemon

7. Pokemon: Diamond & Pearl

8. Naruto Shippuuden

9. Yes! Precure 5 GoGo!

10. Toshokan Sensou

Seikirei! This year is like they took all the manga I read last summer and made it into anime, awesome.

Well it makes sense for the english release, however it wouldnt be for the japanese release.

Viz had named them both differently, when it was simply called Dragonball, even through the Z period, in japan.

Guess its probably looking out for the fans who watched Z before Dragonball and never knew of its existance (After all, I only found out years after Dragonball Z aired that there was a story before it, however cartoon network didnt bother til after GT to show it)

Toei added the Z bit for the anime, as a means to separate the series between Goku's childhood and adulthood I think. Viz adopted it for use with the manga as well. This was also probably to do with Funimation dubbing Z first.

Also if you want to get the manga, you might want to get the individual releases since Viz has started censoring the manga even more. Unless you don't care.

Oh an also; One Piece x Dragonball crossover figures are available for pre-order on Play Asia

Luffy

Goku

There's some other 40th anniversary stuff as well.

I'm still holding out for some kind of "ooh, that was just genjutsu" or some other kind of trick, because I think Yamato said no one ever could control the 5 elements. And how come one of them can create a whole mountain from the ground? That's surpassing hokage level jutsus. And they also slained various Konoha clans all by themselves. There must be some kind of plot twist to it.

But they should just let the series sleep for a while instead of putting fillers everywhere. I wouldn't mind if they stopped 1 or 2 months instead of this.

And the OP from the Genshiken OVA is pretty cool too.

And I'm loving Lucky Star.

When Konata said "Super ***** Bros" I thought "OMG! Super Smash Bros!" but it ended up being Super Mario Bros, as obvious.

I'm still holding out for some kind of "ooh, that was just genjutsu" or some other kind of trick, because I think Yamato said no one ever could control the 5 elements. And how come one of them can create a whole mountain from the ground? That's surpassing hokage level jutsus. And they also slained various Konoha clans all by themselves. There must be some kind of plot twist to it.

But they should just let the series sleep for a while instead of putting fillers everywhere. I wouldn't mind if they stopped 1 or 2 months instead of this.

No, it's really shit. It takes all meaning from the actual plot, when we see something canon that involves elements, the first reaction is "meh the dude from the filler can use all elements, noob".

There was a couple of nice battle scenes in bleach today, shame the episode was cack apart from that. Ichigo just got more emo than ever before. :/

No, it's really shit. It takes all meaning from the actual plot, when we see something canon that involves elements, the first reaction is "meh the dude from the filler can use all elements, noob".

Times like this I really, really am glad I started reading the manga.

Isn't it freaking obvious that the girl that's using all elements is "cheating"? I mean, she needs to absorve other people's chakras, it's not like they themselves are ignoring that and saying "lulz densetsu shinobi"

Also, I shall buy those onepice x db figures

6. Doraemon

Wait what? They're still making this or do the japanese fucking love reruns.

Wait what? They're still making this or do the japanese fucking love reruns.

Still making it. Doreamon will always be an anime icon, much like Tom and Jerry here, there will always be new ones, but nothing original.

Wow. That show pretty much single handidly taught me Catalan.