NEurope

It's the same in Japan. It's allowed, but frowned upon (I think a little less than here though).

I'm pretty sure it's not frowned upon at all in Japan, and marriages between cousins are common.

When their showing Lucy´s childhood and those bullies brutally murder her puppy in frony of her with a lamp

Oh and the Berserk thing, cheers I´m still watching it :blank:

Ooooh yeah I remember that. Yeah I did cringe.

Oh you're watching Berserk. No worries, it's nothing big. In fact I had to read some extra stuff after watching it to make any sense of it.

The woman was still alive, I don't remember her name. Guts made sexy time with her quite a while back and she was pregnant. Demon knew this I think and so he raped the woman. Then she gave birth to a devil child. To be honest, I don't really remember the end. They all got trapped in this place of blood. Everyone got killed. Guts managed to escape with the woman. I've no idea what happened to the demon guy. I don't see why they even made the anime. It's like the flashback part of the manga. I remember reading the manga starts off with grown up Guts. Then for quite a few chapters it's all flashback, which is what the anime is. Then the manga carries on from where the first few volumes left off I think. I'm rambling on sorry.

Alrighty, I heard that that the ending leaves you confused (until you read the manga) so no worries for me then.

Alrighty, I heard that that the ending leaves you confused (until you read the manga) so no worries for me then.

The berserk anime leaves out so many important details but reading the manga, of course, sorts all that out. That and the manga is epic and has been going on for about 20 years i think and is planned to carry on for another 10 at least. I love it but the chapters take so long to come out because the stuff is so detailed.

Elfen Lied was gory but that wasn't the bad part. It was the context. E.G. right at the beginning a person gets their head torn clean off, and yet you had the feeling they would be sticking round longer in the anime, that and their characters was a rather innocent sweet one. Bit hard to stomache no? And then some of the gore was just down right cruel and cold.

Amon: Apocalypse of Devilman is worse though :blank:

Amon: Apocalypse of Devilman is worse though :blank:

Well that means I must watch it then.

No way is it over in 50 chapters. There's still much to happen, and the fights ake up 6 odd chapters themselves, and lets not mention how long the Itachi/Sasuke fight was.

Sasuke will be done after the invasino arc unless there's a plot twist, joins Konoha to kill Madara or something.

No, that wasn't why he was weaker. Itachi only used 1 little Genjutsu on Naruto and wasn't being hard on him at all since he wasn't out to get him. I think it was cause of the disease, but I don't fully believe Tobi much. I'm sure he lied to Sasuke about Itachi so he could have Sasuke. And aswell as Naruto developing, the manga will be focusing on Sakura and Kakashi this year aswell.

Hmm then 500 does seem a good amount, but the invasions happening soon yeh? then they don't have much time to do it all. Also, i didn't mean using chakra/engery i meant when itachi gave his power to naruto, meaning he was slower and weaker when facing sasuke...

I'm pretty sure it's not frowned upon at all in Japan, and marriages between cousins are common.

Really? Not at all? Damn, I find that rather disgusting.

Really? Not at all? Damn, I find that rather disgusting.

But all the cool kids are doing it :shakehead

Watched Gundam 0080 War In The Pocket yesterday, absolutely rocked. Was a very shit build up to an awesome ending and the fight in the 4th episode rocked. If only the Zeon mobile suit they used was used alot more often in the Universal Century..

So I just watched Elfen Lied ep1.

My reaction was a sort of a :o mixed with a :( and a fair dose of :smile:

I was surprised, because I hadn't seen ANYTHING like that. I was slightly sad, because it's almost as if you begin to feel for Lucy/Nyuu. And I was happy, because I rather liked it.

About that puppy scene, it actually stopped me from watching the rest of it. Think I've said that before on here. I quite liked EL but that bit just really depressed so I couldn't watch any more.

About that puppy scene, it actually stopped me from watching the rest of it. Think I've said that before on here. I quite liked EL but that bit just really depressed so I couldn't watch any more.

...Lucy kills the puppy, in a rather gruesome way?

I watched episode 1 of Elfien Lied awhile ago and could not continue at the time. But it's in my list to watch still.

Recently I watched Soul Eater 10 which was again great and I loved the fact that they explored Black Star's past a bit with the Star Clan and focused more on him and his partner as characters. who has an interesting story of her own. :) Also It's a two parter so continues next week. :yay:

I'm not sure how it's going to go down. Black Star reminds me so much of Naruto.

...Lucy kills the puppy, in a rather gruesome way?

It´s far far far worse

I'm impressed almost no one here saw Elfen Lied yet. It's one of the most famous animes out there. I didn't watch it either, not my thing.

I'm watching Haruhi again, but this time in the airing order. To me it's much more enjoyable like this. Gives it a bit more spice and curiosity about what happened in the past/future (too bad I had already seen it chronological order). I hope the 2nd season is presented the same way.

I'm impressed almost no one here saw Elfen Lied yet. It's one of the most famous animes out there. I didn't watch it either, not my thing.

I'm watching Haruhi again, but this time in the airing order. To me it's much more enjoyable like this. Gives it a bit more spice and curiosity about what happened in the past/future (too bad I had already seen it chronological order). I hope the 2nd season is presented the same way.

Same here, then again i only watched it a year ago. The same goes for TTGL, I was stunned to find people here only just watching it a few weeks ago.

I saw all of Elfen Lied back in January 2007

I loved it, thought it was awesome, pretty sure i posted as such in here way back then too.... was thinking of starting to watch it again actually...might do that later

I saw all of Elfen Lied back in January 2007

I loved it, thought it was awesome, pretty sure i posted as such in here way back then too.... was thinking of starting to watch it again actually...might do that later

I love how you can remember the exact month XD

Also, any one here watched AMV Hell championship edition?

Thats the first part, its hillarious, and right at the end of the video theres a hillarious Elfen Lied moment

Also, any one here watched AMV Hell championship edition?

LOL, hoe slapped.

Yes, I've seen all AMV Hells, but the championship edition is not particularly funny. I much preferred AMV Hell 3 and 4.

I remember you saying that when I said I was starting to watch it. I hadn't gotten up to that bit though. I thout you meant another part, which when I saw it I was like 'Why was he disturbed by this'.

The dog was on a leash outside of the house, I think it was Lucy who came by and took it, but the dog squeeled like a pussy. I think that happened.

Same here, then again i only watched it a year ago. The same goes for TTGL, I was stunned to find people here only just watching it a few weeks ago.

The thing is I've had anime stored for ages. My TTGL folder was made on the 4th October last year, but I only watched it now.

Back on the topic of Elfen Lied, I found it a bit too twisted for my taste. I just can't imagine what it takes to write something like that, some slight psychopathic tendencies surely. It's not really that I couldn't handle it, just that I knew I wouldn't find myself enjoying it on an episode-to-episode basis, so I never really gave it much of a chance.

Finished watching Ghost In The Shell 2 Gig and watched Ghost In The Shell: SSS straight after.

LOL, hoe slapped.

Yes, I've seen all AMV Hells, but the championship edition is not particularly funny. I much preferred AMV Hell 3 and 4.

I agree, AMV Hell 4 is probably my favourite, but my favourite AMV is from number 3 with End of Evangelion synched with Titanic.

But championship edition has some hillarious moments but also has the most unfunny pieces (I dont get the move it move it crap apart from Chiyo-chan). The later elfen lied clip is hillarious

"Hey do you need a hand with that?"

So he just rolls his eyes and replies

"Noooooo I want you to cut off my arms and legs with a chainsaw"

So I did.