NEurope

EDIT: It appears you joined last month. I may be late in saying this but Welcome to the forums! :bouncy:

Ooh, I like your style. You've hit two of my favourite animes on the head right there. :grin:

Lucky Star is all kinds of magical winsical bears. :yay:

So funny and just great.

Slice of life anime? moar liek Slice of Lulz anime. :p

Soul Eater is all kinds of fun as well. (EXCALIBUR) Many great characters mixed in their with a good story to boot. Even though for me the ending was a bit rushed.

Darker than Black, I'm one episode away from finishing the first series. I like the characters but the whole story felt very disjointed moving on from one thing to the next. It started out well and with so much promise.

The whole remuneration idea is great but could have been utilised so much better. :) It annoys me because Darker than Black is good enough but it should be GREAT! :D

The cat is awesome.

I shall watch the second season as Hei appears to look like a hobo. Do Want.

Hiya!! thanks for the welcoming! ^_^ (only been here for a few days, though!)

I haven't laughed myself to bits in a very long time as i did with Lucky Star. It has also been insinuated (not by me, though) that i finylly found my anime counterpart- Konata. I don't believe that. (Nevermind the fact that I'm posting this on a videogames forum AND writing a psych essay at the same time.) But it made me LOL.

Soul Eater i'm only on ep 8 or 9 (don't remember :/) but i really am loving it. Excalibut- dear lord in heaven, it just wont shut up, will it????? But it's the symmetry that kills me. Really. Where i come from... that's called OCD :P

Darker than Black... i'll revert to you when i watch more of it! But i'm really liking to hear what people are saying (and i liked what i saw) so... i'm sure i'll like it!

I know some people prefer the second season, but I don't personally. It's still good but it's a little different. Plus it has that terrible "transform" typer scene that the best example I can think of is Sailor Moon, where you watch a lone character change. Terrible!

And Hei doesn't just look like a Hobo....

HE IS A HOBO? :o urge to watch rising!

I like transformation scenes, they are hilarious to me. :p Unnecessary in a good way!

I like to think that even though L and and Kira were enemies,

Lawliet

and Light were friends. I always had the thought that behind it all, there was some sort of friendship there and without the DeathNote, Light would have been an L

I like to think this as well. It certainly felt that they had a certain admiration for one another. They were both the same in away on different sides of the fence. It was the ultimate game of cat and mouse which made it very tense and exciting. :D

Also, them playing Tennis.

Hiya!! thanks for the welcoming! ^_^ (only been here for a few days, though!)

I haven't laughed myself to bits in a very long time as i did with Lucky Star. It has also been insinuated (not by me, though) that i finylly found my anime counterpart- Konata. I don't believe that. (Nevermind the fact that I'm posting this on a videogames forum AND writing a psych essay at the same time.) But it made me LOL.

Soul Eater i'm only on ep 8 or 9 (don't remember :/) but i really am loving it. Excalibut- dear lord in heaven, it just wont shut up, will it????? But it's the symmetry that kills me. Really. Where i come from... that's called OCD :P

Darker than Black... i'll revert to you when i watch more of it! But i'm really liking to hear what people are saying (and i liked what i saw) so... i'm sure i'll like it!

MY LEGEND BEGAN IN THE TWELVE CENTURY!

...Excalibur does talk a lot but I love him for it. :grin: Severe lack of Excalibur figures in this world, I'd buy it in an instant.

Death the Kids Symmetry issues are a great quirk in my eyes, it's like his only weakness because when he gets serious he is uber sexy.

Definitely is OCD though. :heh:MAJOR OCD!

Haha, Being compare to Konata isn't that bad. I think it's pretty cool. It just means you don't do much work and procrastinate a lot. (perhaps by playing videogames/watching anime) :p BUT also makes you hilarious and instantly awesome.

She is one of my favourite characters. :heart:

Ooh, Psychology? :)WIN.

I do that. Although I've just started and I'm not very good.

Anyway yeah, No other anime has made me laugh as much as Lucky Star from start to finish it doesn't let up. A colourful array of characters. :D

I know some people prefer the second season, but I don't personally. It's still good but it's a little different. Plus it has that terrible "transform" typer scene that the best example I can think of is Sailor Moon, where you watch a lone character change. Terrible!

And Hei doesn't just look like a Hobo....

I stopped watching season 2 a few episodes in, just could not get into it.

When the transformation came my fir thought was: "What is his! Fucking Sailor Moon"

Also another reason why I have been putting it off is because:

I am worried that Hei might die and I would rather live in ignorance then see that :Þ

Really need to finish it though and the second season of Melancholy.

I stopped watching season 2 a few episodes in, just could not get into it.

When the transformation came my fir thought was: "What is his! Fucking Sailor Moon"

Also another reason why I have been putting it off is because:

I am worried that Hei might die and I would rather live in ignorance then see that :Þ

Really need to finish it though and the second season of Melancholy.

It gets better, although the transformation does not. You should finish it though, it adds closure.

Dragon Ball Kai stuff:

* The series will be edited on Nicktoons, and will occasionally contain different verbiage than the home release, which will be entirely unedited;

* This include character attacks, many of which will regain their correct and untranslated-proper-noun announcements in the unedited dub (Makankô-sappô, Kienzan, etc.); (yay!)

* Some names that are deeply engrained in the English reversioning will unfortunately remain the same (namely the pronunciation of "Saiyan", Tenshinhan's adapted name, etc.); (boo?)

* English-dubbed/performed versions of both the opening and closing themes have been created;

* General dialogue is indeed being treated with much more respect than ever before for an English dub of a DragonBall product; (yay!)

* Episode titles are also faithful translations of their original Japanese versions.

My taste in anime has hit the shit, modern day anime just doesn't interest me anymore >_>

Buuut, I went back watching the older anime I have on DVD (Yeah I buy my crap OMG) Watching Samurai X, Mushishi, Martin Successor Nedesico, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Azumanga Daioh, Monster and cromartie highschool.

(Just wanted to say to this day, nothing beats Samurai X Trust and Betrayal, and I highly doubt anything will, that is all :p)

I still find it so weird to refer to it as Samurai X :heh: it will always be Rurouni Kenshin to me.

My taste in anime has hit the shit, modern day anime just doesn't interest me anymore >_>

Buuut, I went back watching the older anime I have on DVD (Yeah I buy my crap OMG) Watching Samurai X, Mushishi, Martin Successor Nedesico, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Azumanga Daioh, Monster and cromartie highschool.

(Just wanted to say to this day, nothing beats Samurai X Trust and Betrayal, and I highly doubt anything will, that is all :p)

I'd buy my crap to if I wasn't broke and unemployed.

So Nyuh!

I have bought small series of anime, such as Trigun and Evangelion. But huge shonen series (One Piece, Naruto etc) are another matter.

I have decided that I will buy these particular anime, and similar ones, in the future, when entire several-hundred-episode shows will fit on to a few discs and for a reasonable price.

I mean, I love One Piece, I've bought some One Piece merchandise, but I don't have the money or the space for the DVDs.

Each single-dvd sized case contains 13 episodes. There's about 445 One Piece episodes and they're only half way round the Grand Line. So for arguments sake, lets call it 900 episodes split into 70 volumes.

A DVD is 1.3cm wide. That's nearly a whole metre of shelf space.

Each one costs about £20. That's £1400.

I have decided that I will buy these particular anime, and similar ones, in the future, when entire several-hundred-episode shows will fit on to a few discs and for a reasonable price.

Wasn't this one of the 'selling points' of blu-ray, that you could fit lots more on one disc? I know the higher picture quality must take up more space but really...? I feel somewhat cheated/lied to. </side point>

Wasn't this one of the 'selling points' of blu-ray, that you could fit lots more on one disc? I know the higher picture quality must take up more space but really...? I feel somewhat cheated/lied to. </side point>

Hollywood standards screw us over yet again with another technology.

I mean, I love One Piece, I've bought some One Piece merchandise, but I don't have the money or the space for the DVDs.

Each single-dvd sized case contains 13 episodes. There's about 445 One Piece episodes and they're only half way round the Grand Line. So for arguments sake, lets call it 900 episodes split into 70 volumes.

A DVD is 1.3cm wide. That's nearly a whole metre of shelf space.

Each one costs about £20. That's £1400.

They are gonna release boxsets soon if that helps, no word on episode count or anything yet.

If they were nice people not looking to make a profit, then yeah I would expect that.

Right now, I find it likelier that a blue-ray with super-high quality of 13 episodes which will be charged more for then a regular DVD will be released then a blue-ray with like 50 episodes at the same price.

You can always hope though...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, bleach canon is getting closer! Starting next week, hell yeah!

I still find it so weird to refer to it as Samurai X :heh: it will always be Rurouni Kenshin to me.

I look at the series as Rurouni Kenshin, I do love the series xD

But just for Trust and Betrayal I usually always call it Samurai X, but hey that's just me :p

I have bought small series of anime, such as Trigun and Evangelion. But huge shonen series (One Piece, Naruto etc) are another matter.

For some reason the only series I have ever bought that was long was the Rurouni Kenshin series. I do not know why but I can never get into Bleach, One Piece and such, I just find them boring, so that alone saves me money xD

But I now don't buy much anime, if at all now, no modern anime interests me anymore, think the last greatest anime I have seen is mushishi. I still keep an eye out on what is being made, but all of it seems so...bleh.

I don't know how you can find One Piece boring, it's so cute and hilarious :3 I'm assuming when you gave it a try, it was not the 4kids dubs :woops:

I don't know how you can find One Piece boring, it's so cute and hilarious :3 I'm assuming when you gave it a try, it was not the 4kids dubs :woops:

It's...an average anime series for me, watching long series sometimes just bores me, some people I know can easily wait every week and watch the next episode, but for me I don't think I could. If the anime series has more then 100 episodes...just not interested.

For an anime to make me watch more then 100 episodes it has to be dead set fucking awesome that has a fresh story and great pacing...so yeah, I don't think it'll happen :heh:

Watched the first 20 or so episodes of Darker than Black. So uh, what's the plot?

I liked the concept of it and all with Hells Gate and Contractors, but even though they're pretty much the center of what the series is about, nothing ever gets explained. Just 2 arc stories of Hei's missions.

Watched the first 20 or so episodes of Darker than Black. So uh, what's the plot?

I liked the concept of it and all with Hells Gate and Contractors, but even though they're pretty much the center of what the series is about, nothing ever gets explained. Just 2 arc stories of Hei's missions.

YES I WANT TO HUG YOU!

(more than normal)

You are a man who sees sense. :)

May we unite?

This is what I think of the show but fail to put it clearly in words.

I think you're both a little bit crazy, but that's okay.

Things do get slowly explained, but it is hard to follow. There are other things that never get explained (which kinda makes sense really) like the creation of the Gates.

I'm doubtful either of you would be willing, but I've heard it makes more sense the second time (although I think I got along with it fine).

The second season adds a bit more and is easier to follow though.

Naruto new OP

:o

The episodes themself were decent enough, hoping it picks up a bit more soon though.

Oh and...

Naruto new ED

:/

Where did you get the ep? Horrible subs still doesn't have them.

Awesome, awesome new chapter of Fullmetal Alchemist. Seriously, I can't believe just how much it keeps surprising me.

Also, I find the lack of FMA discussion in this thread to be a little surprising as well. I mean, the manga is monthly (and the volumes are even less frequent), but Brotherhood is weekly, and quickly catching up to the manga.

Naruto new OP

The episodes themself were decent enough, hoping it picks up a bit more soon though.

Oh and...

Naruto new ED

:/

Indeeeeeeeeed.

I like training eps, this ones turning out to be pretty interesting.

and pain is coming!

Awesome, awesome new chapter of Fullmetal Alchemist. Seriously, I can't believe just how much it keeps surprising me.

Also, I find the lack of FMA discussion in this thread to be a little surprising as well. I mean, the manga is monthly (and the volumes are even less frequent), but Brotherhood is weekly, and quickly catching up to the manga.

Yup, I'm surprised too. The quality of the story and animation is much better than common long running anime series (which are basically the TV soaps of anime; often quantity over quality). If anyone here doesn't watch the latest FMA series they should try it out. It's awesome.