NEurope

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, bleach canon is getting closer! Starting next week, hell yeah!

Oh man, finally! I just looved the ending of ep 212..

with Hirako(?) spinning his hat on his finger while saying how Urahara had it all planned out and then they moved out..."Ike"...to be continued...that cool bleach song playing helped too:grin:

feels like a million years ago:sad:

What's coming next on Bleach is full of awesome. Although it's still feeling like the author is making it up as he goes along :heh:

What's coming next on Bleach is full of awesome. Although it's still feeling like the author is making it up as he goes along :heh:

It feeels like years since the last really epic power struggle fight featuring ichigo! (late 160s right?!) I lolled at the end of the episode with ichigo having been written out of the program. Bah you silly japanese writers!

Bring on tomorrowwwww. ^_^

No doubt they'll stretch this battle over another 50 episodes... :laughing:

Finally decided to get stuck into Soul Eater, for the lack of anything left to watch! and Oh My God! Am I glad I left this series so I can watch it all at once.. Animation is just top notch their fight scenes are just lush..

Haha, really, and here I thought it was well planned ahead:heh: (well, pre-long-ass battle)

They'd better have a good new opening, something like the first or second:smile:

Finally decided to get stuck into Soul Eater, for the lack of anything left to watch! and Oh My God! Am I glad I left this series so I can watch it all at once.. Animation is just top notch their fight scenes are just lush..

Hurray!! Another Soul Eater fan!! :D

The animation is indeed very good, the story is nothing short of wicked and... god... the symmetry... :laughing:

Naruto is back to being awesome :D

Awesome in that way where you get really annoyed that there isn't more to watch.

What do you think he snuck out to practice in the dark?

Throwing the rasen-shuriken. Although I can't figure why that would just leave a little cloud - or did he destroy the mountain-plant thing behind the cloud? I couldn't tell.

Edited by Shorty

What do you think he snuck out to practice in the dark?

Throwing the rasen-shuriken. Although I can't figure why that would just leave a little cloud - or did he destroy the mountain-plant thing behind the cloud? I couldn't tell.

It did seem he destroyed the mountain-plant thing. Not sure if it was with the rasen-shuriken or the new technique the toad thought him, but supposedly that's just a new fighting style.

Both Naruto and Sasuke are getting god-like, in the previous episode it was said that there wasn't anyone in the village capable of defeating pain after Jiraya's death and now that Naruto is surpassing him, they just openly titled him as the strongest ninja in the village (and still a genin lol). I think Kishi should find a way to clearly explain way Naruto is more powerful than say, Kakashi.

So I recently bought the Darker than Black box set. My what I have missed out on. I've watched the first 10 episodes the dub is really quite good, no characters voice thus far has rubbed me the wrong way at all. Well worth the £26 I paid for it.

So I recently bought the Darker than Black box set. My what I have missed out on. I've watched the first 10 episodes the dub is really quite good, no characters voice thus far has rubbed me the wrong way at all. Well worth the £26 I paid for it.

Is this a good show? People are ranting on about it and the premise seems decent but I continually read how it lacks plot. It's available at a decent price in stores and even cheaper if I steal it online.

Currently checking out K-ON! years behind the rest of the world as usual. I like it, the stories and characters are simple cliches but cute and the music is catchy. Have... have I turned into a little Japanese girl?

Is this a good show? People are ranting on about it and the premise seems decent but I continually read how it lacks plot. It's available at a decent price in stores and even cheaper if I steal it online.

Currently checking out K-ON! years behind the rest of the world as usual. I like it, the stories and characters are simple cliches but cute and the music is catchy. Have... have I turned into a little Japanese girl?

Oh I wouldn't worry about that, It does have a plot, but it's pretty much split into 2 part episodes which can lead to confusion of a continual plot. If you can get it for the price i did you can't go wrong.

Also there are many guys who have enjoyed K-ON! Season 2 is more of the same for twice the duration of the first.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Oh I wouldn't worry about that, It does have a plot, but it's pretty much split into 2 part episodes which can lead to confusion of a continual plot. If you can get it for the price i did you can't go wrong.

Also there are many guys who have enjoyed K-ON! Season 2 is more of the same for twice the duration of the first.

I'll give it a go in that case. Thanks.

K-ON! so far feels like it could get very boring very fast, but we'll see. I'm only halfway through the first season at the moment so I'm hardly in a positon to pass judgement so prematurely. It's good for fans it got an extended run for the second season.

Every two episodes have their own plot, but they also all contain parts of the greater overall plot that spans the entire series. I think most people are just unable/unwilling to follow the overall plot with so many details not being shoved to the forefront.

I'm with EE and think it's great.

I don't get why people like K-ON! so much. It's just slice of life with 2D (quite literally, lol) moe stereotypes and nothing much happening.

I don't get why people like K-ON! so much. It's just slice of life with 2D (quite literally, lol) moe stereotypes and nothing much happening.

The animation and art style are both very nice, characters are play-it-safe stereotypes but still incredibly charming. I think it's a great testament to the community's ability to consume the same recycled formula with a lick of paint time after time.

Darker than Black is worth watching. :)

Darker than Black doesn't deal with deaths very well in my opinion, I was never to fussed when a character died. It sort of just happened.

Like one of my favourite characters in it, The guy who threw blood on you and then clicks his fingers didn't have a satisfying end for me. Also November 11 suddenly just kicked it.

I like the songs.

Like them quite a bit.

Learnt to play the bassline to the ED track. :grin:

-----

Anyway, whilst browsing the anime section in my HMV, I found they were selling Elfen Lied for £50. The price threw me at first, but I was more stunned by the '15' certificate on the box.

Elfen Lied? A 15? Yeah fucking right!

The anime are very overpriced in HMV, but they're selling Ghibli films for about a tenner. Might check back sometime...

I've always found HMV to be a bit pricey when it comes to anime. Bleach season set can be £10, yet half a season was listed as £20 once :heh:

Amazon is by far the way to go for anime sets :heh:

For instance, i'm sure it got said, but before I watched DtB and wanted to get round to watching it, I checked a few prices for it and seen it for £40 in HMV and then £26 on Amazon. Go Amazon.

Darker than Black was £40 in HMV, but I'm glad I hadn't the money for it then, Play got it me (As I mentioned earlier in the topic) for £26. Though I think the box got a little damaged in shipping, since it doesn't close properly every time.

But ranting on HMV some more, their anime section is tiny in my town, a 3rd of a genre display, mainly Bleach, Naruto and Miyazaki movies right next to the children's section. Quite lame but that's just how it goes.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Are any NEnime fans attending any screenings at the British Film Institute Anime Weekend across 21st to 23rd May? What about Excel's London MCM Expo the weekend after? Both are taking place in tentatively sunny London.

BFI Anime Weekend

London MCM Expo

The BFI weekend is booking now at £9.00 a pop (and less for students). They're showing films like Neon Genesis Evangelion 1 and 2, the Professor Layton movie and a bunch of others I have absolutely no knowledge about. It's a good chance to see these films as I can't imagine they'll be reaching our shores for a while yet.

MCM Expo is a sweaty convention for anime, movie/tv and gaming fans. I've been a few times before and always enjoyed as both an anime/gaming fan and a fan of tragically poor cosplay.

But ranting on HMV some more, their anime section is tiny in my town, a 3rd of a genre display, mainly Bleach, Naruto and Miyazaki movies right next to the children's section. Quite lame but that's just how it goes.

The anime section in my local has died with a recent rearrangement of the store too. They used to be a pretty good stockist compared to Zavvi which has closed down but it's like as soon as the competition vanished so did the stock.

Edited by Guy

I'm slightly tempted by the weekend screenings but my friend will probably be working. And as I'm going to a gig on the Tuesday I'd need to find someone who'll house me for a while.