NEurope

Himitsu: top secret - the revelation

is bloody awesome.

Top level police reading dead peoples brains through MRI scans. Real futuristic scifi stuff.

This sounds like my kind of stuff! Where is it you watch it (or read it, if it's the manga)?

Samurai Champloo Composer Jun 'Nujabes' Seba Passes Away

The official website of hydeout productions has announced on Thursday that Jun Seba, the hip-hop producer better known as Nujabes, passed away due to an automobile accident in Tokyo late in the evening of February 26. He was 36 years old. An ambulance had rushed Nujabes to a hospital in Tokyo's Shibuya ward, but the live-saving efforts of the medical staff were ultimately unsuccessful.

Nujabes made his professional debut in 2003 on the label compilation album first collection and his first solo album, Metaphorical Music. He composed the music in Manglobe's Samurai Champloo television anime series, including its "Battlecry" opening theme song. He had left behind some unreleased tracks in the studio, and his label plans to release those tracks on some format in the future.

:sad: :sad:

Viz have launched a site where you can (legally :p) stream anime: http://www.vizanime.com Not much at the moment but presuming they'll add more. Current line up:

Bleach

Buso Renkin

Death Note

Hiraku No Go

Naruto

Naruto Shippuden

Prince of Tennis

Honey and Clover

Honey and Clover II

Nana

Inuyasha

Inuyasha - The Final Act

Kekkaishi

Viz have launched a site where you can (legally :p) stream anime: http://www.vizanime.com Not much at the moment but presuming they'll add more. Current line up:

Bleach

Buso Renkin

Death Note

Hiraku No Go

Naruto

Naruto Shippuden

Prince of Tennis

Honey and Clover

Honey and Clover II

Nana

Inuyasha

Inuyasha - The Final Act

Kekkaishi

Fuck them and their regions.

There's a bad ReZ joke* in there somewhere...

*"bad ReZ joke", as if there's ever any good ones.

Yeah as usual that's all well and good but only if you live in the US.

Crunchyroll currently does the same thing, but Naruto can be streamed over here.

Oh sorry I didn't even check that. It just popped up on an animation site I visit and thought I'd share.

Warner Brothers in Film Talks for Bleach

The Hollywood Reporter newspaper'sHeat Vision blog reports that the American film studio Warner Brothers "is in the process of securing the movie rights to" Tite Kubo's Bleach supernatural action manga series. Director Peter Segal (Get Smart, The Longest Yard, Anger Management) is lining himself up to produce, but not direct. The manga's North American publisher Viz Media and Segal's Callahan Filmworks partner Michael Ewing would also produce the proposed project.

The manga follows a 15-year-old boy named Ichigo Kurosaki who becomes a Soul Reaper — a "Shinigami" or "God of Death" who protects humans from the "Hollow" spirits that prey on them. Shueisha publishes the manga in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine in Japan, and Studio Pierrot has been adapting the manga on television and in movie theaters since 2004. The Adult Swim programming block of America's Cartoon Network and Canada's YTV channel have been running the anime.

Warner Brothers has already acquired the rights to adapt Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata's Death Note supernatural suspense manga, which — like Bleach — is published by Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump in Japan and by Viz Media in North America. Along with Leonardo DiCaprio's Appian Way production company, Warner Brothers is also developing adaptations of Yoshiaki Kawajiri and MADHOUSE's Ninja Scroll action anime film and Katsuhiro Otomo and Kodansha's Akira science-fiction manga. Viz set up an office in Hollywood in 2008 to promote Viz's properties to Hollywood interests.

This is mainly directed at Shino: I was wrong about the new OP date on Naruto. Don't know what's coming tomorrow (although I think it begins the fallout of the previous canon arc) but the new OP is on April 8th - Episode 154-155 (April 1st is another week gap)

They're not going to make a live-action version of bleach are they?! They're going to screw with Akira and Death Note and they've already fucked up dragonball and now this. If they try turning Cowboy Bebop into a live-action movie i'll run into the middle of a busy road.

Death Note movies weren't that bad, all things considered. Nothing compared to Dragonball Evolution.

Nothing's really been confirmed yet.

They're not going to make a live-action version of bleach are they?! They're going to screw with Akira and Death Note and they've already fucked up dragonball and now this. If they try turning Cowboy Bebop into a live-action movie i'll run into the middle of a busy road.

Can I watch? :heh:

I finished Himitsu a few days ago, man i bawled my eyyyyes out. ;__; I'd rate in in amongst my top 5 that's for damn sure.:grin:

The MRI one? It was very weird but I couldn't stop reading it.

Gory and very disturbing if you thought about it happening in real life. But yeah, quite good, probably not top 5 but maybe top 10!

I by accident started reading a VERY VERY dark manga called himizu by mistake. That was odd but also enticing. Couldn't stop reading that until the end where it has all of a sudden stopped near the end because of the manga writer going on hiatus.

Shippy 152 and 153 (both full episodes unlike like normal cringeworthy doubles!)

Oh. My. God.

;__________________________________________;

Naruuutttoooo ;_;

I thought they were doing a Cowboy Bebop movie with Keanu Reeves in?

Rawr!

I actually stopped watching One Piece yesterday since the most annoying character appeared out of nowhere.

I was like I know your voice and it is the same voice as Satori. (ordeal of balls guy) but instead of HAW HO HAW HO HAW HO, which I found strangely amusing.

This guys SASHASASHASHA or whatever is not fun. :p

Is that filler?

I don't recognise him from any of the manga :woops:

Scratch that, I know who he is now.

Wow thats a long way back from the manga...he was annoying even in the manga and I didn't experience the voice acting! :p

Yeah he is an annoying character. Lucky he gets his face smashed in.

Ellmeister, re: Bleach. Yeeaah, but isn't it all getting a little contrived? Especially that whole "lol, I was lying back then when I said that thing that contradicts with where I have just decided the story should go. Duh." bit.

Yeah he should appear in the manga (it says he does) I've not read it but...

It is during Water 7, he is one of the people who Sanji, Usopp and Franky fight on the Puffing Tom Sea Train. :)

and Sanji faces off with him.

Yeah he is an annoying character. Lucky he gets his face smashed in.

Ellmeister, re: Bleach. Yeeaah, but isn't it all getting a little contrived? Especially that whole "lol, I was lying back then when I said that thing that contradicts with where I have just decided the story should go. Duh." bit.

I know what you mean, but the final twist in the last chapter just shocked me. The annoying thing is I don't feel the manga gets anywhere quickly! Always holds on and on and on for next week. How they are going to make a whole episode I don't know. Its all just talking and then pictures of everyone being shocked!

As for One Piece manga, blimey, its all a bit confusing with everything going on.

And I'm still wondering

where the hell is Luffy's crew? They've been gone forever! I've forgotten why they are all separated in the first place now.

I only follow One Piece and Naruto in anime form. Bleach is the only anime I gave up on and went over to Manga. Mainly because the filler arc is really dragging on and on.

The One Piece anime has become pretty poor lately though, really drawn out and not very well animated :( It's sad because it's not even filler! And the show has been so consistently good for such a long, long time.

Yeah he should appear in the manga (it says he does) I've not read it but...

It is during Water 7, he is one of the people who Sanji, Usopp and Franky fight on the Puffing Tom Sea Train. :)

and Sanji faces off with him.

You're fast approaching one of the coolest moments ever in the series. Ep 273.

Edited by Shorty

I only follow One Piece and Naruto in anime form. Bleach is the only anime I gave up on and went over to Manga. Mainly because the filler arc is really dragging on and on.

The One Piece anime has become pretty poor lately though, really drawn out and not very well animated :( It's sad because it's not even filler! And the show has been so consistently good for such a long, long time.

You're fast approaching one of the coolest moments ever in the series. Ep 273.

Yes! Awesome episode!

I'm glad I didn't put any major spoilers then, I didn't know you only read Bleach in manga form, apologies :)