NEurope

K-ON! has been announced to be broadcast on a staggering 28 Japanese television stations, more than triple the average number for an anime series. For comparison, reasonably popular series airing this season are Sora no Woto with 4 stations, Dance in the Vampire Bund with 6, Omamori Himari with 7, and Hidamari Sketch Hoshimittsu with only 3.

The first series of K-ON! only aired on 9 stations, so this huge jump in the number of networks airing the show should prove testament to just how hotly awaited the continuation of the Keion-bu’s story is.

So when does this moe marketing crash on Japan?

I've just watched the first episode of Gundam Unicorn and must say... it looks like it could well be friggin' awesome!

It definitely has a clasic Gundam feel to it and the animation is superb!

Anyone else here seen Death Note and Blood plus? I have to say they are one of the best animes i've ever seen :D

I love Death Note as most people know, I really want to play the DS game but alas...it's japanese!

Death Note is excellent and one of my favourites. (used to be my favourite)

I'm currently watching D. Gray-man with my friend. :) We are on like episode 20 or something now, is win. :grin:

We have one episode of Darker than Black to go as well. It's okay, I'm not getting the love for it though.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu is hilarious. :D

We have one episode of Darker than Black to go as well. It's okay, I'm not getting the love for it though.

I'd say you're a bad person but....well you are the most positive person here.

The third example is showing Bleach and Incarnate the wrong way round...

Added spoiler tags since it shows some stuff from Bleach which is past the anime. Fortunately I'm up to date on the Bleach manga or I would've been a bit annoyed!

Regarding the plagiarism... damn man! He denies it! Says he's never heard of Bleach. There's no way anyone could believe that, the link overlays the images and shows them as being practically identical, and he's calling coincidence? He would've been better off just admitting it, calling it an homage or something.

The Kenpachi and Orihime lookalikes are so damn identical it's ridiculous.

And then he goes and has a dig at the "magma" being named after a laundry detergent, and points out differences like "his is in colour, that one is black and white" or "mine reads left to right, that one reads right to left".

What a joke.

Edited by Shorty

loooooool

To me a similar character design=whatever, but when they're not only in the same pose, but the images overlay near perfectly...

In the second link, one of the comments says something about not really being Nick Simmons comments, but kinda irrelevant.

Edited by Nolan

Sorry guys and thanks Shorty!

Using this image as example for people which wont spoil by Bleach.

fedu38.png

Kubo's Twitter:

Between last night and this morning, I've been getting a lot of messages from overseas fans along the lines of "There's an American comic ripping off Bleach!". I'm not that good at English, but I looked at the site and it seems it's a comic by Nick Simmons, the son of Gene Simmons.

To be honest, I'm more bothered by the fact that Gene Simmon's son is a comic artist than whether or not it's a rip-off...

Dude is clearly brain damaged for not only thinking no one would notice, but for making the shittiest of excuses.

And for copying Bleach ffs, of all the great animes out there.

Dude is clearly brain damaged for not only thinking no one would notice, but for making the shittiest of excuses.

And for copying Bleach ffs, of all the great animes out there.

People would have noticed even faster, his comic has been available for a while now I believe, since sometime in 09 at least.

I like Kubo's Tweet though.

anyone watch the lastest dragonball kai episode today? Goku super saiyan in HD= awesomeness. They finally got it right!

If you have stopped watching Naruto at any point, now is the best time to catch up.

There is no episode this coming week, and a short and not-actually-that-bad filler arc just finished (with a rushed ending but still). The last few canon story arcs have been really very good, and from what I've heard the next one - which begins the week after next with a double episode - will be the best since the entire series began. I'm very much looking forward to it!

If you have stopped watching Naruto at any point, now is the best time to catch up.

There is no episode this coming week, and a short and not-actually-that-bad filler arc just finished (with a rushed ending but still). The last few canon story arcs have been really very good, and from what I've heard the next one - which begins the week after next with a double episode - will be the best since the entire series began. I'm very much looking forward to it!

It's my understanding that it should be more Killer Bee, and Killer Bee is easily the best character of the series.

So is...

the whole bubble boy being 6tails considered to be canon? How does a filler character become canon?

Maybe I'm being dumb/blonde but I don't really get it.

It's canon in that at some point such a character exists, but it's not canon in that we don't know any of the details.

Kishi did some art of all the Jinchuuriki some time ago. They took one of the unused characters from that and made an arc about him. Basically Utakata was designed by Kishimoto but never used in any way. For a filler arc it was decent but ended quite poorly. Felt like a TV series that had been cancelled and suddenly had to wrap everything up in 20 minutes.

01-02.jpg

Note how they're all holding up a certain number of fingers :3

I just read some more on that Nick Simmons plagiarising issue. Earlier this month he admitted to taking things from Bleach (well, he claimed homage and apologised for taking it a bit too far). That would've been fine if he hadn't tried to claim in the first place that he'd never heard of any such "magma".

The thing I've heard is that those Facebook posts were fake...so he may not have called it magma.

But I really don't know.

Note how they're all holding up a certain number of fingers :3

I wondered for a second why they were doing that hahaha! *blonde moment!*

*steals and uses as wallpaper*

Himitsu: top secret - the revelation is bloody awesome.

Top level police reading dead peoples brains through MRI scans. Real futuristic scifi stuff. I went to bed having some funky nightmares after watching it last night. Brain melt in an awesome fashion!

the police basically start to go mad after they witness what some of the death row prisoners had done to their victims. And its all very physchological re looking into peoples thoughts - debating on whether secrets should be kept within the dead n suchlike.

Edited by Raining_again