NEurope

Highschool of the Dead

The listing for the March issue of Fujimi Shobo's Monthly Dragon Age magazine on the Seven Net Shopping website states that an anime adaptation of Daisuke Satō and Shoji Sato's Highschool of the Dead manga has been green-lit. The listing also says that the manga will resume in the same issue after a break of more than a year, and it will also adorn the cover. The March issue will ship on February 9.

The story follows a group of students and a school nurse who try to survive a worldwide plague that has turned people into the living dead.

More information on Highschool Of The Dead ie the first zombie base anime.

1265477528088m.jpg

Director: Araki Testuro (Death Note, Kurozuka, Gungrave, Black Lagoon, Blue Literature)

Series Composition: Kuroda Yousuke (Gundam 00, Gungrave, Hellsing Ultimate, Honey and Clover)

Character Designer: Tanaka Masayoshi (Toradora!)

Animation Production: MADHOUSE

Edited by Dante

Blah, I completed Linebarrels. :D

Story was mental and went nowhere!

The characters were never really developed.

Needed more forest fairies. :)

Yet again Funimation have arsed us around again. After the dbz season sets they announce the dragon box sets. Now they have announced that a North American version of Dragon Ball kai, Now called Dragon Ball Z Kai which will be out later this year, or early next year.

http://blog.funimation.com/2010/02/the-answer-is-yes/

I already posted that :P

Rumor is, the first set is due out in May.

On a semi-related news, I got DragonBox set 2 yesterday :)

Don't know if it's been posted or if anyone cares. But it would appear that the first Shippuden dvd comes out here in June.

Source : Play.com

I'm not the only mug who's been buying all the Unleashed dvds, right?

What, even the filler ones from ep 135-220? x_x

Yeah I've got all of them that are out so far, except the most recent (Series 8 Part 2) which came out last week. There's Series 9 to come out soon then that'll be the lot of Naruto Unleashed.

I haven't seen most of the filler before buying them, so there is a method in my madness.

Why anyone would spend money on those monstrosities is beyond me. They killed ratings on both sides of the world, so much so in the US that Cartoon Network dropped the show (so stupid for not listening to the fans who begged them not to air them).

So, just got back from the Eva 2.0 premiere there with a friend. Seen Eva 1.0 aswell. Freaking awesome.

I have to see 3.0 now. Hell I even want to see 2.0 again. All sorts of epicness, and the final battle, oh god, so good.

Should I call an ambulance?

HA I don't know why I wrote that?! I was thinking of metaphorically at the time. Somehow my hands went slightly awry.

So, just got back from the Eva 2.0 premiere there with a friend. Seen Eva 1.0 aswell. Freaking awesome.

I have to see 3.0 now. Hell I even want to see 2.0 again. All sorts of epicness, and the final battle, oh god, so good.

Wait, where? What?

Glasgow Film Festival?

<-- Envy.

Yeah, at the Glasgow Film Festival. You guys will love it when it gets fan subbed in a few months hopefully. If it was still showing i'd go see it again. Time just flew by watching.

Fothermucker, you sound like you didn't even had any previous interest in Evangelion. I'm so jealous...

And of course you have to see 3.0, lets just hope we're still alive by the time it comes out.

Once I'm caught up with my Weekly Anime, I'mma continue watching HunterxHunter. :grin:

I quite enjoyed HunterxHunter. Though the mangaka takes so many breaks it's ridiculous. And the whole Nen system was thought out well.

Fothermucker, you sound like you didn't even had any previous interest in Evangelion. I'm so jealous...

And of course you have to see 3.0, lets just hope we're still alive by the time it comes out.

I've liked Evangelion for quite a while, can't even remember how long ago I watched the series. I don't want to say too much about it so you don't know what to expect. But the wait for 3.0 will be worse than 2.0, since you can imagine what to expect from the series when waiting for 2.0. And not to mention since 2.0

ended in a cliff hanger.

, it's annoying.

Edited by ShadowV7

I quite enjoyed HunterxHunter. Though the mangaka takes so many breaks it's ridiculous. And the whole Nen system was thought out well.

I've liked Evangelion for quite a while, can't even remember how long ago I watched the series. I don't want to say too much about it so you don't know what to expect. But the wait for 3.0 will be worse than 2.0, since you can imagine what to expect from the series when waiting for 2.0. And not to mention since 2.0

ended in a cliff hanger.

, it's annoying.

Damn, I can already imagine the speculation. Just tell me this, in a spoiler box, does it deviate from the original story? Many people, including me, speculate that this rebuild is in fact after de occurrences of the original series and EoE.

I'm on episode 16 thus far. :D My friend says it gets quite epic. :) I remember you suggesting it to me ages ago!

Damn, I can already imagine the speculation. Just tell me this, in a spoiler box, does it deviate from the original story? Many people, including me, speculate that this rebuild is in fact after de occurrences of the original series and EoE.

It's a remake of the story so it's not after the series and EoE or anything. Overall though it's still the Angels attacking and fending them off with the Evas to prevent the 3rd impact, although there are a fair few differences/events when comparing to the series.

I'm on episode 16 thus far. :D My friend says it gets quite epic. :) I remember you suggesting it to me ages ago!

It gets so much better later on. Well worth a watch. I hope another OVA will be announced at somepoint to continue the anime.

>_> <_< >_>

Lets see how crazy I can make people.

I was bored and started watching Naruto (honestly, even the name of this series is wrong, it should be called Sasuke since that's all they focus on). And I was thinking, yeah the fights are cool, but all this Sasuke focus makes me want to punch kittens....then Sasuke was being all Sasuke-ish(y'know dark and brooding i.e. boring as growing grass) and he decided to leave.

BAM! Filler!

And it's great. It's just random ninja shit focusing on Naruto doing ninja shit rather than focusing on Naruto hanging out with Sasuke in order to focus on Sasuke. Yet.....people hate the filler....

To be a bit more polite, I've also recently (in like the last month or two) watched Darker than Black, which was great. Black Lagoon which was also pretty good.

Oh also, Drunken Rock Lee is wonderfully hilarious.