N-Europe

1ups Wii test (they were disappointed)

DiemetriX

The hairy bloke is 1UP's own Xbox fanboy and is known for raising controversy just for sake of it. Attention whore really. Don't remember his name, though.

I hate Xbox fanboys...All the ones I know just jumped ship from Sony cus they saw it had better graphics.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got lego star wars ds at launch :( last time i ride the hype wagon. Hopefully there will be some kiosks to have a go soon

what? Did that make any sense?

I'm getting Wii at launch. I have allready ordered it (got it for £150). And I'm really thinking about Importing a extra one.. Maybe i should wait untill a black version comes.. ADX said he wil bring his import Wii to my place as long as I collected him and drove him home.

I think the best launch line-up ever was for GameCube. Wii's is average imo, mainly just ports of last generation games with new controls.

I personally thought the GameCube's launch lineup was very poor. The Wii has an incredible launch lineup, Zelda, Red Steel, Far Cry, Excite Truck, Splinter Cell and loads more.

Personally I'm happy with the Wii launch lineup. Zelda at launch is a massive advantage and then I'm also looking forward to Red Steel, Splinter Cell, Rayman and WiiPlay. I'm not sure if Excitetruck is a launch title but I'm sure we'll have it before Christmas and that also looks very promising. Same can be said about Warioware.

Metroid would have been an amazing addition, but now that I think about it it might have been a bit too much for me. Least this way I'll have Zelda and a few other games to play over Christmas and the first few months of next year, and then Metroid will arrive and I'll be able to give it my undivided attention :)

3 games on launch are you crazy? Zelda couldn't have been done an year ago, GC or no GC, these games take time. This is the best launch ever and still people moan and whine like little girls.

I'm talking about launch day Nintendo games. Take out Zelda and what do we have from Nintendo? What I'm saying is Zelda was a Cube game and at one point was scheduled for release a year ago. Obviously they have added to the game loads since then. You think we haven't waited long enough for it?

I'm not talking launch window games which could take up to 3 months, and I'm not talking third parties either.

And btw games have not been delayed to spread out the releases, but because they are not ready to launch.

And also you sound like a child.

I'm talking about launch day Nintendo games. Take out Zelda and what do we have from Nintendo?

The Wii?

I think people are asking quite a lot of the launch. I think that these games are good and there is a fairly healthy variety. From what I remember, the 360 launch sucked ass, not to mention PD0 not even making the cut.

No matter how many games there are on launch, some people will always want more.

I think people are asking quite a lot of the launch.

I agree with you there. We've got this revolutionary new console, and a big zelda title (who cares if it was meant for gc its still gonna be the top seller on the wii), some great third party titles, and some more killer games on the way. Didn't nintendo make sure they didn't release too many 1st party killer titles to give the 3rd party companies a chance anyway?

I don't want all the huge games released at launch anyway, because it would be too much trouble deciding which ones to get. Just be happy to concentrate on zelda and some great 3rd party games.

I don't see why people are complaining.

The Wii?

I don't think that's any excuse, it's not like the system is so groundbreaking Nintendo are hard pushed elsewhere to deliver. Microsoft managed to churn out 3 major launch titles (Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero and PRG3), so Nintendo's Excited Truck and Zelda is a bit unexpected. But Ubisoft is doing a fantastic job.

I don't think that's any excuse, it's not like the system is so groundbreaking Nintendo are hard pushed elsewhere to deliver. Microsoft managed to churn out 3 major launch titles (Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero and PRG3), so Nintendo's Excited Truck and Zelda is a bit unexpected. But Ubisoft is doing a fantastic job.

But 2 of those games were delayed a whole generation...

Yeah and it's not like Nintendo have spent their load either. Mario, Smash and Metroid are almost complete and will be released shortly. 2 out of 3 of those release games from MS were from Rare and had been in dev for eons as has been said above. As I also said above, I'm pretty sure PD0 didn't even quite make it to release.

Let's look at the GameCube launch lineup for a second:

WaveRace: Blue Storm (Nintendo)

Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo)

Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron II (LucasArts)

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Sega)

Super Monkey Ball (Sega)

ISS2 (Konami)

ESPN Winter Sports (Konami)

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (Activision)

Spiderman (Activision)

Tarzan Untamed (Ubi Soft)

Batman Vengeance (Ubi Soft)

Donald Duck Quack Attack (Ubi Soft)

Crazy Taxi (Acclaim)

Burnout (Acclaim)

Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX (Acclaim)

NHL Hitz (Midway)

Gauntlet Dark Legacy (Midway)

Universal Studios (Kemco)

Batman (Kemco)

Tetris World (THQ)

2002 FIFA World Cup (EA SPORTS)

Super Monkey Ball and Rogue Squadron were good, the rest didn't get past above average. With Zelda, Red Steel, Splinter Cell and another Monkey Ball I think the Wii launch lineup is far stronger than this one.

The only thing im disappointed with is the lack of first-party games ready for launch. Me and Takeo were talking about this over MSN at the weekend. I know Zelda is there but that is basically a Cube game that has been modified, other than that we have Wii Sports which is hardly a game that will eat up all of your time. Again I know that we will have many 1st party games to play in the future but I still think they should have launched with a "true" Wii game like Mario Galaxy.

After rambling on Im still getting one at launch though :D