NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

Was playing some more VS today and did the most amazing truck throw ever. My mate was up ahead (near the end of a ramp) and I went over the (!) at just the right time, made the ramp extend and absolutely blasted his truck into the sky! It was seriously insane, he was in the air for like 20 seconds or so, on the replay he was so high up that my truck looked like an ant! :grin:

It was the perfect opportunity to do spins, but he can't do them for shit so he just got loads of Super Airs instead.

I've at least managed to do a 1080° now. :awesome:

My airs suck, but I'm drifting like a pro now. Yeah!

I bluddy LOVE this game. All you soundtrack haters can bugger off, because the music in this rocks. ;)

Still have some music on my laptop on in the background. I had some flaming lips and Foo Fighters (breakout, in particular) in the background, and it fits this game so much.

It could be a little more forgiving with the crashes. Crashing into a tree totals out your truck. :(

Took me a while to get past a B on China in the silver cup. Done it now. I kept finishing 3rd and 4th, it was annoying.

This game is frickin' ace, too bad I feel it will be too short though, I need S-rank on only a few tracks now to unlock Super Excite. Custom soundtracks ftw.

But how awesome would online feature be? *dreams*

I seriously think Nintendo could make a franchise out of this. Seriously, make the next one online, add in more trucks and locations, more unlockables (paintjobs) and you're onto a winner.

Also, I think a deathrace would be fantastic. Smashing trucks is a cool part of this game, and a deathrace style mode from f zero g/x would be fantastic.

The unlockable paintjobs are pretty nice! :) Specially the boulder one, in purple.

I have been on this thing for a large part of the day and now my eyes/head is beginning to hurt - this is seriously addictive stuff.

I seriously think Nintendo could make a franchise out of this. Seriously, make the next one online, add in more trucks and locations, more unlockables (paintjobs) and you're onto a winner.

Also, I think a deathrace would be fantastic. Smashing trucks is a cool part of this game, and a deathrace style mode from f zero g/x would be fantastic.

The unlockable paintjobs are pretty nice! :) Specially the boulder one, in purple.

I've only got one extra paintjob. I only use the summit car, as it's the only one with decent steering.

I have a few extra paint jobs. What Im doing is using a truck to get a new paint job either with the S-Ranks or 10 races and then switching to the next truck.

Wayhay, just picked this up with my store credit, still got a tenner left for future use, time to play..

EDIT: Wow, this is a bloody fantastic game! so fast paced and fun.

This game wasn't feeling hard until i got super excite mode thats where the real challenge is. Is everyone having music trouble like it plays the same songs again or frequently on random or just switching off your music and putting the default back on.

Well i can officaly say this game is worth every penny.. we have played this non stop since thursday... well not quite non stop.. but you get the idea.

Oh and if anyones looking for this a bit cheaper i noticed Tesco's are selling it for £29.99 in store!!

It's £27.77 in Asda stores!! Cheaper than online prices.:grin:

I can honestly say this game is superb.

I love the first China level where theres a storm, it's raining and a massive Tornado? is moving around you.

The snow level is great as well.

The more you play, the better it gets!

Lets hope Nintendo keep this up with the Wii releases, so far every Ninty game has been a blast to play and great fun!

It really reminds me more of Wave Race: Blue Storm then Excitebike, sorry if someones said that. :wink:

It's £27.77 in Asda stores!! Cheaper than online prices.:grin:

Thats all well and good but our Asda has charts for DS and Wii games but the dont actualy sell any :heh:

When i was playing this all i could think was why oh why isnt this online.

It would be so awesome online :/

The fact that it's not online prevented me from buying it full price. Damn shame.

The snow level is great as well.

I can't stand the snow levels. There's so much to crash into and it really slows it down.

EDIT: Wow, this is a bloody fantastic game! so fast paced and fun.

Yay, another one of the ExciteTruck faithful. :)

The fact that it's not online prevented me from buying it full price. Damn shame.

It would've been even more amazing online, but I think I can vouch for others when I say that when you pick this game up, full price or not, it's worth it. You'll be having too much of a blast to care how much you paid for it. :heh:

Owen: It does remind me of Wave Race: Blue Storm, quite alot really. Not sure why, it just does.

I love this music in this. Shame others don't. :heh::(

I love this music in this. Shame others don't. :heh::(

Must have something to do with it being generic and heartless :heh: (curls up in ball)

So the question: Waverace: Blue Storm > Excite Truck? Or Vice versa...? What game is better.

Must have something to do with it being generic and heartless :heh: (curls up in ball)[/Quote]

*punches The Bard in the face.*

*twice*

:D

So the question: Waverace: Blue Storm > Excite Truck? Or Vice versa...? What game is better.

Oh, man. That's too difficult to answer.

I haven't played ET in multiplayer yet. However, Blue Storm's multiplayer wasn't really that all fun. I've never had a decent multiplayer game of that. Ever. :(

Hmm. Ask me in a month's time. :)

imo ET beats WR easily. but I would have to be honest and say I didn't really like WR at all.

on the soundtrack thing - yeah I find it tends to repeat the same songs, I'm not sure if thats the way it randomly picks songs (I've noticed other music players pick out the same "random" songs too) or if it doesn't like the other mp3's due to some kind of incompatibility?

I haven't played ET in multiplayer yet. However, Blue Storm's multiplayer wasn't really that all fun. I've never had a decent multiplayer game of that. Ever. :(

Hmm. Ask me in a month's time. :)

Blue storm is difficult to learn and so not a good multiplayer to bring out when friends/causal gamers come round. But the comparison is £5 vs £35. I tried really hard to buy excite truck today but came home with four more gamecube games.:bouncy: (glitch in the system FTW!!)

imo ET beats WR easily. but I would have to be honest and say I didn't really like WR at all.

I agree. Didn't like Wave Race one bit

on the soundtrack thing - yeah I find it tends to repeat the same songs, I'm not sure if thats the way it randomly picks songs (I've noticed other music players pick out the same "random" songs too) or if it doesn't like the other mp3's due to some kind of incompatibility?

I have the same "problem". All my mp3 files work on it, tho. I think it's because the selection is "random", rather than the "shuffle" modern players have (as in, once a track is played, things using shuffle put a mark on it so it knows not to play it until everything else has been played)

I really really shouldn't, but I keep reading this thread and getting more tempted to go out and buy this like tomorrow, especially after hearing asda have it for cheaper than anywhere else(disappointed at play.com, they usually sell stuff cheaper than Game). Do I potentially sacrifice my second year, just for this game? Maybe it'll spur me on the get my work done sooner, and get me looking forward to something, I've totally gotten over the fact it might not have a nice long life, given how awesome everyone seems to think it is!

Isn't that thing with music stuff that seems to constantly pick out the same 'random' tracks because they aren't like proper random, just pseudo random or something like that, due to computers being logical they can't do random without some sort of random input, if that makes sense? It's quite fascinating, I imagine Supergrunch will know about it.