NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

This game needs to rip-off the crashes in Burnout 3, I need to feel the impact Nintendo!!! And maybe also be able to move the car for an aftertouch takedown! (Okay maybe taking it too far but this game is begging for it.)

This game is at no22 in the uk charts. :hmm:

Early days for the Wii and the game, there isn't a big enough user-base there yet and this game only came out on Friday.

It won't sell all that well over here. I blame the reviews for starters. People have been avoiding this game like the plague thanks to certain reviews.

Seriously, I swear to God, I will be damned if I'm going to trust another review again. I can't say any of the reviews for this game have even been close to the mark as far as I'm concerned. This is a game that is clearly worth your money, and should be played by everyone.

God damnit haven't seen the game on sale anywhere. You would have thought that, being a member of the portguese Mafia, I'd get games on time.

Early days for the Wii and the game, there isn't a big enough user-base there yet and this game only came out on Friday.

nah that isn't the way the charts work. For 90% of games once they debut, they never reach that peak again and the next week after they usually plummet out the charts

Yeah, just look who reviewed it for Gamspot. Mr. I Hate The Wii.

Excite Truck's controls arent responsive? He must be playing it wrong then.

They should really fire that guy, he can't review at all. He makes all in our profession look bad. And he needs to ease up on the pies

I was really excited when i saw the videos at E3, but most people were like 'well it looks ok'. im really glad that some of you bought it and confirm that its really fun. The sense of speed is great apparently, even if it is a bit far-fetched.

woohoo finally completed all the cups... was stuck on the first one on the platinum cup for ages..kept getting 81/95, done it now and then proceeded to do all the others first try...

now to get all those pesky S rankings....

Im still trying to get 2 of the Platinum ones in Excite mode.. Was trying to get S rankings in everything in Bronze, but i can't do scotland, best i get is an A

wow, i heard only bad things about the game, but i played it yesterday at konfucius' and damn i think it rocks :D

the custom soundtrack's teh elite ;D

It was actually the advert that got me interested in this game, I thought it was one of the Wii adverts that actually looked decent enough to make me want to buy something, then I went to the reviews on gamefaqs(I prefer those to ones from like ign and stuff) then I came here, and plan on getting this very soon.

without playing excite truck.....excite truck is better than wave race.

It truly is, but i thouht WaveRace was a little overrated..

I'm thinking of getting this game too, but it's such a bummer that the multiplayer is only 1 vs 1 without any computer controlled opponents. It made me wonder about how long it's going to take before Mario Kart debuts on the Wii :(

cough Waveracer.. played it for about 10 minutes then buried it in a giant box containing other stuff that I will probably never use again.. like my gameboy camera... a Limahl Greatest I got as a joke.. my brain.. Sega Dreamcast and so on.. Excite Truck will never end up in there.. must get a second Wii mote.. will see if I can get some of my very adult friends to play

Thats probably cause you were all shit at it. It had so much more depth than Excite truck it was unbelievable, the graphics were better, there were challenging shortcuts to find and you could play it with friends continuously. It was just an hugely better game. Shame seeing as it was a Cube launch game and Nintendo haven't been able to better it yet.

Thats probably cause you were all shit at it. It had so much more depth than Excite truck it was unbelievable, the graphics were better, there were challenging shortcuts to find and you could play it with friends continuously. It was just an hugely better game. Shame seeing as it was a Cube launch game and Nintendo haven't been able to better it yet.

Well I wasn't shit at it and whilst do think of it as a classic, don't think excite truck is that bad compared to it at all. it's still a very very good game and not as bad as some reviewers have made out.

Got my first 1440 today and shortly afterwards my first 1080.

Loving this game, I hope I don't get bored of it once I complete everything.

I know, it's not a bad game at all, but still, Waverace was a brilliantly made, competitive racer. I just can't see Excite Truck in the same way.

I found getting all S-rank was surprisingly easy.

And wave race was a great game. If you think otherwise you just sucked at it.

WooHoo just unlocked Super Excite mode! Took me a while to get a S rank on the last level until I managed to guide my truck into the trees with a POW to rank up some serious pointage.

Also I hated Wave Race aswell even in multiplayer.

I'm thinking of getting this game too, but it's such a bummer that the multiplayer is only 1 vs 1 without any computer controlled opponents. It made me wonder about how long it's going to take before Mario Kart debuts on the Wii :(

what I don't like about the multiplayer is how the screen splits... can you set it one on top one on the bottom, rather than one on the right and one on the left? it feels so cramped imo. I guess I'll get used to it in time, but I don't appreciate the tunnel vision.

also, is it not possible for games to work over a mini LAN, I thought that got mentioned sometime, that the wii would have similar functionality like the DS?

I'd love that so much..

If they do that for F-Zero and Mariokart its gonna be cool :)