NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

Agreed and although no where near as good looking as the similar title on the PS3 (forget what it's called), it's infinately more fun.

Agreed and although no where near as good looking as the similar title on the PS3 (forget what it's called), it's infinately more fun.

motorstorm is the game you speak of.

Have done both bronze and silver cups now, got a few trophies and a fair few S ranks, and I have to say, I'm having a blast with it. Just goes to show, when you have low expectations games can seem really cool.

Glad I got this.

Playing this in multi is just ACE!
It sure is, played it for a couple of hours earlier on and it was amazing! If it was 4 player my head would probably explode, it's intense enough with just 2 players. Scrapping for the POW is such a great laugh, can really turn the flow of a game too.

I started to find some crazy shortcuts during the VS session (love the one in China where you can jump and drive along the great wall!) But there are so many less obvious one's around too, the fact you can just go off road almost anywhere and drive through loads of trees and stuff and then come out later to be back on the track is so cool. :hehe:

We must have watched the replays for pretty much every race too, damn I wish there was an option to save them.

But seriously, if anyone is not turned on by the single player make sure to give VS mode a try, it's awesome!

Well after a marathon session today i can say that this is 100% worth buying. I love it so much to the point where i feel its the best racing game i have played in years. Yeah it has its shortcomings but its so god damm fun.

God I wish I had an SD card. My brain is coming out.
:laughing: Classic!

I'm loving the custom soundtrack thing, I'd so have to play this with no music at all if I didn't have an SD card.

I just wish you could replace the music on the menus too, oh and the start up screen in the disc channel. Damn that guitar is annoying! :heh:

We must have watched the replays for pretty much every race too, damn I wish there was an option to save them.

Replays are amazing. If there was an option to save them, I would of probably filled up both the Wii's and SD Cards memory by now.

And I've finally found a way to take semi-decent screenshots.

ET03.jpg

I love it when the camera goes like that. It's stunning.

Damnit all you people talking about it is making me want it more. It should hopeully arive tommorow.

I got this, and cleared up to the gold cup, awesome stuff, i had to laugh a few times though when i found myself still trying to use the d-pad to turn and wondering why is my engine over heating, ahaha.

But well used to the controls now, hitting turbo jumps and massive air is brilliant, and when you get a good run of turbo jumps and perfect landings the sense of speed and the rush you get is amazing.

Love the custom sound track too, so great being able to play a racing game without needing to put on the cd player at the same time.

Replays are amazing. If there was an option to save them, I would of probably filled up both the Wii's and SD Cards memory by now.
Same here. :grin:

I love it when the camera goes like that. It's stunning.
Yeah, the draw distance is incredible. And not a bit of pop-up either. icon14.gif

i had to laugh a few times though when i found myself still trying to use the d-pad to turn and wondering why is my engine over heating, ahaha.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that did that! :laughing:

Cleared the platinum cup. You need all s ranks to get super excite difficulty. Fuck that. I struggled to even pass some of them.

Oh man, just realised how awesome watching replays are, when you use the side camera and just look at the view, it's like they created a whole world, it just keeps on going and looks fabulos, especailly on the China tracks.

What songs have ye been using,

I went an used some tracks from 1080 Avalanche, which was kinda of weird, Cauterize - Choke, works just as great on this as it did on 1080, gives a great rush, Seethers "Fine Again", perfect for replays.

Also Iron Maidens, "Bring Your Daughter To the Slaugther" and "Run To Hills"

Hot Action Cops, "Fever For The Flava" and "Goin Down On It"

Less Than Jakes "She's Gonna Break Soon"

And some music from Philippine and Japanese bands I have (including the japanse intro song from Tales of Symphonia :heh:) all work so great while playing

Just did all the tutorials and I sucked at the one where you have to 720 air. Difficult, imo.

Just did the first race. Veeeeery impressed with the speed. There was one moment after I did a tree run (I think) and I was just flying around the track like mad.

I swore. Lots.

*goes through trees*

*comes out. Fast*

")$*()"$* !!!!!"

I'll have to say, I prefer the graphics style of Excite Truck to the realistic graphics of Motorstorm. The views are just stunning, it's beautiful. And in my book, beautiful beats detailed any day. I'm really impressed with Excite Trucks graphics.

I'll have to say, I prefer the graphics style of Excite Truck to the realistic graphics of Motorstorm. The views are just stunning, it's beautiful. And in my book, beautiful beats detailed any day. I'm really impressed with Excite Trucks graphics.

Agree with you. I love just looking at the water. The whole thing is pretty. :)

Bluddy hell, I love this game. Bargain bin game my arse.

Ok on a second playthrough... fantastic game. Unbelievably fun and the graphics are indeed MUCH better than I thought.

The Scotland levels are lovely.

Ok on a second playthrough... fantastic game. Unbelievably fun and the graphics are indeed MUCH better than I thought.

The Scotland levels are lovely.

Seems like this game was better than people thought it would be. We'll have to call it the "Red Steel effect." :heh:

I've done a little bit on challenge, and have done the first two cups apart from the last level of the second. Gonna redo them all anyway to get better grades.

By far, the best two things about this game are the speed and jumps. It's an insane game. I kinda like the points system too and how you get points for crashing into opponents, etc. What isn't fun is when you crash into trees, which I do. Alot. :(:red:

Can't say I've got a problem with the longetivity. My game time is about 2 hours or something, and I've still got a way to go yet. The only thing I need now is an SD card and reader, but the music is pretty ok as it is. The main theme reminds me of something by Metallica, but I don't know what.

The only annoying things I can think of:

- Those annoying extra 5 seconds before the the countdown before each race.

- Hitting '2' constantly every time you crash. Nice idea but too much work to get the boost.

Also I would have liked more locations really but then the ones that are there are great anyway. Oh and two player with computer racers.

The only annoying things I can think of:

- Those annoying extra 5 seconds before the the countdown before each race.

- Hitting '2' constantly every time you crash. Nice idea but too much work to get the boost.

Also I would have liked more locations really but then the ones that are there are great anyway. Oh and two player with computer racers.

I agree. As great as this game is, there's other things I would have liked to see added/changed.

There's so many trees. And rocks. But, obviously the trees are essential for tree runs. :heh:

I suck though, and I keep falling into the water/smashing my truck on a rock or tree.

I would've liked to see more stuff in the challenge mode. Am I right in thinking that there's two 'races' for each of the three challenges? It would've been cool to have some more. (even though there are two difficulty settings, so that does lengthen it, mind)

This would've been a right blast online. I hope if Nintendo do decide to make a franchise out of this that the next one features online play and the ability to have more trucks or players on the track.

Just went out and bought this this morning due to everyone going on about in this thread. If I dont like the game Im holding everyone in here responsible and I demand a refund from each of you :grin:

..played this again when I got home last night.. and I love it. I was gonna stop and go to bed but I keep thinking to myself 'I can S-Rank that.. so I'll give it another go' ..and I did.. I got S-Ranks on all Bronze and Silver tracks.. probably tuck into the Gold cup a little later today when I get off ISS98 here.. :yay:

I am to, I can't believe people are saying these graphics are horrible. The reflections on the cars are gorgeous. The enviroments are so well realised, the draw distance is so vast, love shooting up into the air after a turbo jump and looking down on the track it's so jaw dropping. Ok so Motorstorm might have HD but I'm with you gimme Excitetruck any day of the week.

This would've been a right blast online. I hope if Nintendo do decide to make a franchise out of this that the next one features online play and the ability to have more trucks or players on the track.

Yeah I thought how awesome it would be online..I do hope they take this further and create a more fully fletched sequel. Again it does have the feel of tech demo in some ways, but a bloody gorgeous and fun one at that....

one thing I am pissed about at the moment is the last few days my Wii has taken to crashing, so annoying when I'm doing well on a track...and annoyingly if you retry a track it doesn't save your achievements until you go back to the track selection, by going on next when it shows how many you've got, was well miffed cos had got some super rings....

Mine arrived this morning - done the first lot of the tutorials and some of the second lot , also just briefly gone through the Bronze Cup (with a couple of S grades).

This game is an absolute blast , controls are perfect (despite trying to hit the d-pad to turn , like others) , graphically its amazing but most of all its FUN.

Most definately worth the £28 I paid for it.