NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

If I don't import the Wii itself then I'll definitely be importing this title, unless it comes out within a week or 2.

Old thread bump! :D

How lovely is it when you plunder your back catalogue and rediscover an old flame? Been playing this again a lot recently, and I stand by my comments years ago that this is one of the best Wii games and a complete joy. What's so startling is how it seemed to hit the ground running with some amazing controls and levels so early in the Wii's lifespan. There's nothing like grabbing big air and hearing the whoosh of space and the music stop as you drop back to earth with a thump on top of a rival and a cheeky boost. A classic Wii gaming moment for me.

I'll never forgive some of the low scores it got at the time (Edge 6/10! WTF??), but I think time has revealed the true diamond within and it has quite the following now. For me this is easily the racing classic that the Wii needed and like F-Zero GX on the GC before it, it deserves to be remembered as such.

If any of you are craving a truly great Wii racer and you haven't played this...where were you? Try and get it now if you can.

I saw Cube playing this at Extra Life and had to dig it out myself.

Absolutely one of the best Wii games. One of the best motion control games. Classic. So arcadey. So fun. Fast. Awesome.

I'm still planning to dig it out and have a good session on it. Might delete my save so I can go through and S it all again!

Wonderful game, I especially love Scotland and that HUGE canada track (the last one)

I still remember the golden days of flying around and pulling off tricks to the killer sound track of Scatman John

We put it on the stream, too. Unfortunately my skills have dwindled since I last had it, so I was unable to replicate

(note: quality of footage is terrible). Edited by Cube

Bumping this thread gave me false hope of a sequel :hmm:

The timing is strange, though, as I played it myself the other day for the first time in ages and it's still amazing :yay:

Bumping this thread gave me false hope of a sequel :hmm:

The timing is strange, though, as I played it myself the other day for the first time in ages and it's still amazing :yay:

Bumping Excitebots was worse than bumping this! :(