NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

I didn't like Wave Race when i first played it, but once i got the hang of it, i thought it was superb!

We're talking about the GC version right?

Multiplayer didn't do it for me, just single-player, remember how good the water looked on that Lake level. :grin:

I can't see Excitetruck getting boring until you've literally unlocked everything and played it for a few months, it's really good.

I'm having trouble getting S rankings on quite a few levels but they could be because i need more practice.

I found getting all S-rank was surprisingly easy.

And wave race was a great game. If you think otherwise you just sucked at it.

Maybe anyone who doesn't think excite truck is a great game just sucks at it too?

The argument stands for any game really, but if you stick to that argument you have to say that even ET on the atari was a great game, just everyone sucked at it.

anyway.. more on topic

I think its unfair to compare waverace to excite truck, waverace is far more realistic than Excite truck..

anyway, back to an earlier post, my faith in reviews has gone from low influence to no influence thanks to the majority of red steel and excite truck reviews.

Can someone tell me if the levels are varied or if they all look a bit samey please?

also does it have proper short cuts or just alternate routes?

cheers

Can someone tell me if the levels are varied or if they all look a bit samey please?

also does it have proper short cuts or just alternate routes?

cheers

..well.. there aren't a huge amount of different terrain.. but the ones that are there provide a decent variety..

..there are alternate routes but there a certain shortcuts you can find (often ploughing/ dodging through trees). But the tracks are so vast that there's almost always somewhere to take seconds off your time.. it invites you to explore..

Got my SD card through the post today, so now I can listen to my own music while I try to complete Super Excite mode.

Got my SD card through the post today, so now I can listen to my own music while I try to complete Super Excite mode.

your gonna love it with own music, my current favourite is from the office, yes it's Freelove Freeway!!!

Can someone tell me

How many tracks Diamond cup has and if they're any good?

Fantatic game! SO underrated. In my view the graphics are gorgeous too, especially when you get thrown really high and see the vast terrain stretch out before you. Can't wait to unlock super excite!

Completed Super Excite Mode now :yay: ...

...The Diamond Cup Track was a right pain in the arse to beat because it's kind of transparent looking which makes it a bit tricky to navigate, the trees are replaced with these weird looking space coral or something

:heh: and the POW's are much harder to reach because of them.

It's a gorgeous track though...

...Still got a few trucks to unlock, and I still need to S-Rank Super Excite Mode too.

Think I might concentrate on Challenge Mode for a bit now though.

Woot, finally unlocked Super Excite mode, getting the S rank on Platinum Scotland was a tough one, i kept falling just short, but last night as the clock reached midnight i said, "ok just one more try", and as i neared the finish line in 2nd place i had 129points, managed to just barely pull off a 1 star dirft just before crossing the finish line and with the 2nd place bonus of 25 put me spot on the require 155, wohoo...now onto Super Excite

Ok, people bothered about "spoilers" in a racing game?? Man sorry does it mess up the storyline?

Hi,

this maybe was already asked before (but the thread is 24 pages long so I didn't read through it:

Is the Versus mode the only multiplayer possibilty? I think the game is really great but you should be able to play the challenge and excite race mode also with two (or here even more would be possible but two would be enough) persons? Although I don't think you can play excite race and challenge mode in multiplay but if so: How can you play together in these modes?

If not possible, do you think this might will be added through the shop channel (or free update through WiiConnect24) later? I mean at least for excite race mode it should not be that hard to implement, just replace one computer driver through a human player (like in Mario Kart - although split screen need to be implemented there but it is in versus already so this should also not be that hard)...

Ok, people bothered about "spoilers" in a racing game?? Man sorry does it mess up the storyline?
No of course not, I'd much rather spend ages playing through a game to unlock stuff that I already know about. :indeed:

Seriously though, fair enough if some people aren't bothered by knowing every single detail of a game before they even play it, but those people should still respect the fact that many will want to discover the secret stuff for themselves.

I'm not having a go at H-o-T, or anyone else here, I'm just saying is all.

Played versus for the first time today, is there any way of changing the screen layout so that it's split horizontally instead of vertically? It's really hard to see where you're going whenever you turn. I looked in the options but couldn't see a way of changing it.

Well looks like I'm a little late to the party but eventually got Excitetruck too all for £26.99 (ah the wonders of the internet) anyway. Got home from work to discover it had been delivered and have put a few hours in already.

Well what can I say - I wasn't going to get this (due to some ropey reviews- Gamespot you bastards!) until you guys all started saying how good it was. I'm so glad I got it! what a game!

Graphically strong, smooth, and stupidly fast if this is what a Wii launch title (well in the states anyway) is like then I think we've no worries about the power of Wii and bodes well for future games. Controls were very easy to get used to and in 10 minutes or so had breezed through some tutorials and was ready to race.

Well it lives up to it's name exciting and trucks in it - does exactly what it says on the tin! I'm so glad I had I had a change of heart regarding this game and it's thanks to you guys on here so all give yourselves a pat on the back!

Looks like I've got a lot of catching up to do - I'll take my time and enjot the journey - I only recently completed Zelda and I got a Wii at launch!

Some of you guys flew through it! :bouncy:

Anyway great game Excitetruck very happy with this purchase! :grin:

No of course not, I'd much rather spend ages playing through a game to unlock stuff that I already know about. :indeed:

Seriously though, fair enough if some people aren't bothered by knowing every single detail of a game before they even play it, but those people should still respect the fact that many will want to discover the secret stuff for themselves.

I'm not having a go at H-o-T, or anyone else here, I'm just saying is all.

Well yes, if people know about it, they'll still want to play through and unlock it so that they can race on said "special track". Or Special trucks, or whatever else there amy be.