NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

Just beat all the tutorials and the first cup and im very excited by the game. The controls are abit weird to start off with and like a few others on here I kept trying to steer my truck using the D-Pad but given time im sure I will get used to it. At first I thought the controls were too loose but now I realize this makes perfect sense for getting stars for drifting. The music doesnt bother me that much at all and I was worried when everyone was saying it is turd.

Well thats my initial thoughts, now back to the race!

I bet when you guys go back to play a racing game with an analogue stick you're going to try and top the controller and make a fool out of yourselves. :heh:

I bet when you guys go back to play a racing game with an analogue stick you're going to try and top the controller and make a fool out of yourselves. :heh:

My sister is going to be unbelievably good at Excite Truck because she does that as it is while playing Mario Kart :p

Even if I did, Ridge Racer 7 supports that mode too! :P

I'm pretty sure by analogue sticks he meant a game you play with analogue sticks, you disgusting PS3 defender type person you!!

Wow really starting to get the hang of this now. Just kept replaying all the first levels and managed to score S ranks on all of them which was a nice relief, the Canada one took some doing though. I really need to learn how to spin as there are many points to be had by doing this. Is anyone else having the same problem trying to pull off the mid air spins?

I really want to go pick this up today, but i don't feel too good, and really can't be arsed with town..

Even if I did, Ridge Racer 7 supports that mode too! :P

and apparently its not very good...

Is anyone else having the same problem trying to pull off the mid air spins?

Nope.

1) Jump + Turbo (turbo isn't required, but helps)

2) Hold D-Pad and 1

3) Tilt the controller slightly to one side

4) Quickly flick it to the other side (so the pointer side is pointing 45% to the floor)

Then, if you have enough air left

5) While spinning, put the controller in the same position as 3)

6) As your truck finishes the spin, flick it like in 4) to do another spin

7) Do it once more for a 1080! (usually, you get Super Air too, and it's very satisfying to do it while going through a whole bunch of rings...all I need to do is time it so I land on another truck, then boost off into a drift...now that would look amazing).

Yeah I read that in the G-Faqs guide aswell but I still cant figure it out. I wouldnt care I managed to do all the tutorials aswell. Maybe I will hit them again before I start the next cup.

and apparently its not very good...

Well I've played it and it's just the same as Excitetruck, so's Motorstorm's too.

So don't know how one isn't very good and the other is.

Platinum racing now! Bit harder to get S ranks on those ones.

This game is great fun, but online multiplayer and more variations in the courses would make it even better.

Well I've played it and it's just the same as Excitetruck, so's Motorstorm's too.

So don't know how one isn't very good and the other is.

well I read that the controls are better done using the analogue sticks, think they may have said it on the 1up show as well. there are plenty of ways why motorstorm and excite truck, whereas Ridge Racer could just not have it implemented as well as them 2, the handling could be loose, I dunno plenty of reasons why one would work and the other would not.

But if your saying it's ok, then fair enough, having not played I'll have to reserve judgement until I do play it.

Hero-of-time don't worry your not alone, I can only ever do one never get two...

Like I said, Excitetruck is based around the controls, so the tracks are more forgiving for the less accurecy of the tilt controls. It doesn't mean that the other games are doing it worse. It just means that the other games weren't as based around it.

Are there more than one skin for each car? Because the one I just got for the Firefly was pretty rubbish. :(

This game is amazing. The controls seemed easy from the very beginning on this game, and awesome. The the sense of speed, the SD card feature, the courses, the star system all add up to an awesome experience. Even the grpahics and multiplayer are really good! Obviously the multiplayer could be better but its still fun.

Also feel the star system is pretty much perfect, and offers the right amount of points to reward coming in first place that you really want to AND that it doesn't mean you autmotically win aswell - great balance.

If that doesn't make sense then the equivalent is on Donkey Kongs whoever wins the drum roll at the end wins, no matter what happened in the song!!

The only problem I have with it, and its becoming a worryingly common place in Nintendo games (Wii play and sports suffer) is the highscore system - why can't aren't everyones highscores in a table? Why cant we compare? It really annoys me because this game has so many highscore challange opporunities and it ruins it by not just having one chart with the best ten and only your own personal scores - argh!!!!

Awesome though!!

:( This didnt come in the post this morning. Theres no post on Sundays, but I hope it comes. I could get my SD card ready with the songs on in the meantime.

ET05.jpg

Hell yea! OK, so the landing could be better...but it's still fun to do.

3 More S-Ranks to gain to unlock Super Excite mode.

anyone know what Super Excite mode is?

Excite Mode, but harder, and one extra track. Then theres Mirror Excite mode, which apparently has even harder opponents.

Bloody hell Cube! That's an awesome Super Air Spin you've got there. icon14.gif

Best I've done is 720°. :sad:

Bloody hell Cube! That's an awesome Super Air Spin you've got there. icon14.gif

Best I've done is 720°. :sad:

..I can't remember the course but I did a 1800° and got a nice landing.. it was awesome! I'm really really enjoying this game, have S-Ranks on Bronze, Silver and Gold now, but only A-Ranks in Platinum so I'll have to improve on those later :heh:

The game is so exhilerating.. on the Platinum Finland track there's a massive jump where you can do a few spins and you can practically land on a POW icon which sends you ripping through the trees ahead, trying to dodge for a Super Tree Run.. I love the game!

I ran out and got an SD card today and I noticed while poking around the menus that the Wii said it didn't find any photos or movies on the card. Movies huh!? What formats does the Wii support in terms of videos?

I know this is totally off topic and I'd put it where it ought to be if I knew where that was. Perhaps a multimedia sticky is in order along with the VC stuff etc?