NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Go Go Power Rangers!

I bought the cassette of the main theme tune when they released it. I wonder where in the charts that got.

I'm pretty sure it got quite high.

You were right! It got to third place.

"Simon Cowell commissioned a single release of the theme song at the height of the Power Rangers' popularity. It reached #3 on the UK singles chart in December 1994 and sold over 250,000 copies in total."

Source: Wikipedia.org

You gotta admit though that Saiban are a bunch of extorting, money rinsing, hand rubbing bastards.

Saiban + relatively good series = 101 series =:horse: = beating the cash cow

Disney owns the right to the Power Rangers now all 12 series of them

I'm pretty sure it got quite high.

I'm pretty sure I could get quite high while listening to it - results later!

I used to sit and watch this in my pyjamas..Beetle Borgs was cool too.

I never really liked Power Rangers, always seemed a bit cheesy. I think it's cuz I could never really move on from Ninja Turtles.

Side note: Alex Borstein of Family Guy fame (Lois, Trisha Takanawa) apparently provided the voices for some of the monsters in Power Rangers! Crazy shizzle!

Power rangers is dope i just wish i could write an episode although it wouldn't be as childish, i still watch it today as it is the softest kung fu you can see during the day, and the cheesy acting can always make me smile.

I wonder why they aint been released on dvd yet? I would certainly pick up all the series up until Turbo.

How much does £1.04 convert to dollars? I think I might have enough.

How much does £1.04 convert to dollars? I think I might have enough.

If I was rich, I'd obtain a helmet of each of the first six rangers and have them mounted on a wall or something for shits and giggles.

I wonder why they aint been released on dvd yet? I would certainly pick up all the series up until Turbo.

They're on the American iTunes at $1.95 a piece.

That helmet is awesome, if only i had a spare $400 :(

I never liked either the Green or Red ranger. I couldn't help but feel they were just in for all the glory and attention, while the rest of them were left just hang around and do most of the dirty work until they showed up. Is there an epsiode when the Mastedon or Sabertooth Zords get to go mono-on-mono with the enemy? 'Cause if there were, I missed them. Always that sodding T-rex POS.

Jason the original red ranger was my favourite for a long while, then Tommy took over, especially after Jason left and they brought in Rocky (who was more gay than Billy).

Is there an epsiode when the Mastedon or Sabertooth Zords get to go mono-on-mono with the enemy?

What would they have done? Ram into the enemy a few times? Let's face it, Billy, Trini and Zach (Billy especially) were the Ma-Ti's of Power Rangers. Shafted, shafted, shafted.

I'm sure I've seen the Triceratops and Sabre Toothed Tiger use the laser guns on their backs.

I'm sure I've seen the Triceratops and Sabre Toothed Tiger use the laser guns on their backs.

They do. But, that's usually when all the zords use their weapons at once. Simultaneously, but seperately.

I had the Green rangers flute dagger thing which called up the Dragonzord. Good stuff.

Anyone actually remember that the Megazord could become a tank? They used it in about the first 10 episodes sporadically and then it never appeared again! Haha!

megazord-tankmode.jpg

Then it just stood up and the Mastadon head had to fly off somewhere. Although you could use it as a poxy shield for the figure, I don't recall it being used as such in the programme?

Don't put down the Dino-Mega Zord! Atleast you didn't have to buy two different sets to build like the Thunderzords. Titanus shits on Tor aswell.

I watched Forever Red yesterday. What a very awesome episode. Seeing all the red rangers made me feel so nostalgic and the story is quite good too.

I also came across some Super Sentai Intros on youtube - the first one is hilarious. I thought they can't be serious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3laa-JPn4

General news:

Season 16 (Jungle Fury) has been officially announced for release Spring 2008 - and it may be the first season to be shot in high definition, as Toon Disney (the channel the show airs on in the USA) is changing to HD next spring. The source action footage ("Gekiranger") is HD native as well, so there are no adaptation issues.

And here's the logo:

jflogo01sr2oi2.jpg

normal_IMG_0227.jpg

Also, the first Power Rangers Morphicon was generally a success. A lot of past cast came, as well as current ones, but attendance was low.

DVD news:

Season 1 has been released in Europe; you need to import it from Germany, but it's in English and region-free. Try Amazon.de if you're interested. Season 2 comes out September 21 2007.

dvd_1.jpg

The current season (Season 15: Operation Overdrive) is being released in North America throughout the year in volumes (five volumes that make up the complete season). The first two volumes come out in September in Region 1, so expect them around Christmas here in the UK (along with all the other Overdrive merchandise).

The fourth volume of Operation Overdrive will include the 15th Anniversary special, Once A Ranger, that re-unites past rangers in a face-off against Rita (last seen in Mystic Force) and Lord Zedd's son.

proov1bt5.jpg

proov2lz3.jpg

Mystic Force is currently being released monthly here in the UK. You can find Volumes 1 to 3 at most DVD shops, Volume 4 is next month and Vol 5 probably August/September.

Other news:

There's a bunch of 15th Anniversary and Operation Overdrive merchandise coming out this year:

GAME: Power Rangers: Super Legends will be out in November, and is a celebratory game based on all 15 seasons of Power Rangers. It's for Nintendo DS, PS2 and PC.

TOYS: Anniversary products come out in August in the USA, with toys sets featuring all 15 different Red Rangers (Morphin, Alien, Zeo, Turbo, Space, Galaxy, Lightspeed, Time, Quantum, Wild, Ninja, Dino, SPD, Mystic and Overdrive).

These will probably come out here in the UK alongside the normal Overdrive toys in the Winter, but don't be surprised if they're a Toys R Us exclusive or something.

oooo wicked, I'm going to buy that classic Power Rangers DVD thingy :yay: