NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

No More E3?

We need a bigger gaming event in the UK. Is ECTS still on in london?

And also...that would be good for Nintendo, the LAST EVER E3 was the one that THEY ruled!

HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! (Though it's not officially announced it's as good as fact)

If they don't have one next year, they wont have one ever again. Shows never skip a year (Looks back at Spaceworld, which simply has to come back now, Ninty have no choice) and some are specualting that EA's departure from the show is the main cause of this...

I can't even remember a time when we didn't have E3!

This is possibly the worst thing that could happen to the Gaming Industry, MANY developers rely on E3 for publicity. Without it, a great deal of AAA games today would have gone completely unnoticed and people are saying it's good for small developers!!! They can't afford to set up their own exhibition!

This is a very sad day for the entire industry, and to us all. RIP E3, 1995-2006 Never forget the good times, may the memories never die!

attack e3's weakpoint for massive damage...and they did :(

hopefully something will replace quick..or nintendo will have there own super show every year showcasing the wii and ds

Hm... you can kind of understand why developers might be angry. Wii stole the show, and others spent millions of dollars to be a footnote on some forgotten blog somewhere. Anybody know what games EA showed off? I don't. But also, it looks like it won't be cancelled.

Hm... you can kind of understand why developers might be angry. Wii stole the show, and others spent millions of dollars to be a footnote on some forgotten blog somewhere. Anybody know what games EA showed off? I don't. But also, it looks like it won't be cancelled.

But then thats surely their own fault. If a product was worthy of fanfare it would have gotten it.

But then thats surely their own fault. If a product was worthy of fanfare it would have gotten it.

Agreed.

Fact is, why should it be cancelled if Nintendo had a good show? If Nintendo had a good show, then good for them. All that it means is that others will have to put in that extra effort to make their shows better.

It is often said that the gaming industry makes as much profit as the film industry. The film industry has MANY big events in the year, yet the one huge event for the gaming industry is in danger of stopping.

Well, at this point, we're still waiting for some clarification to come through. If you check the first link in the first post, there will be an annoucement about this pretty soon. Thats IF it does get cancelled.

Thanks Fierce. Pretty weak if the Wii had anything to do with any big guns pulling out. They where ment to sit up and notice that innovation is the way forward, not pull out because they aren't getting enough attention to match how much cash they put into it. Change, don't give up.

Thanks Fierce. Pretty weak if the Wii had anything to do with any big guns pulling out. They where ment to sit up and notice that innovation is the way forward, not pull out because they aren't getting enough attention to match how much cash they put into it. Change, don't give up.

It's the wrong attitude to have, if you ask me.

You don't complain because Nintendo are getting all the attention. You look at what they're doing, look at what you're doing, and then compare. Only then will you know if they deserve the attention or not.

Problem is- if Nintendo can afford big shows and all that, what about the little studios? can they afford anything at all?

e3 used to be part of the huge electronics expo held earlier in the year.

if it wont be standalone it will just go back into that.

its too big not to have a show for all those folks wares, but standalone when its main players are in the electronics business is not so important to them.

after all, sony would love to have the games glitz on the bigger tv/hifi show based electronics expo, while microsoft no doubt sees no problem in adding it to their stand at the same event or a pc one...

what about all the oddities in Kentia Hall- think of the crazy people, PEOPLE lol

For smaller developers it will be really difficult to showcase their new (and probably innovative) games to a big audience. E3 had lots of coverage not only on gaming sites but on TV, newspapers all around the world. I think the money publishers spend on the E3 is worth every cent. I do agree that E3 has to change in some way. Maybe open it to the public like the GC in Leipzig and just keep one day press only - keynote speech day. Charge a those people a entry fee and you surely get more than 60.000 visitors like the last E3 did. The GC had 134000 in 2005 - so I think Europe knows whats best :)

Whats the point if big publishers hold their own show - they have to spend around the same amount of money but will never recieve as much coverage as they could have had on the E3.

How about a world tour of E3 to make them more money? I want one in England, preferably in Yorkshire.

How about Galaxy World :heh:

actually actually somehow better.i still think mario galaxy shold be called super mario universe but meh i don't really care

No, Ashley, it's pretty dead. We're getting a corpse.

As Next-Gen exclusively reported Sunday, all major exhibitors have effectively pulled their support from the show, prompting the majority of game publishers to also cancel plans for high-cost booths. The ESA will make an announcement later today that will attempt to add some gloss to this catastrophe, with some form of media-focused boutique event - branded E3 - taking its place.

e3expo.com has been like since the end of May. It's placeholder text.

I would be pretty cool if a little industry show was built up around the video game BAFTAs this October.

e3expo.com has been like since the end of May. It's placeholder text.

That's what i thought, i just needed it confirming.

Ok, i'm going to edit this topic title back to its original state. Looks like we can say goodbye to E3 then. :(

Sign in to follow this