N-Europe

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Goron_3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the fixed cameras in all previous RE main series, but also loved the RE4 camera.

RE4 is pretty much different than the older RE. RE4 was great, but it will never substitute RE0 and REmake. And RE0 and REmake don't substitute RE4 either. I just love them all.

well, im still buying ONM every month as i dont see this as their fault, but rather people misreading what their intention was. the fact they said "it'll come eventually" never led me to believe we were getting new RE info now, but that it'd be later in the year. someone has simply misread, assumed, and its gotten outta hand.

and their comment about they coulda put up any image was just making a point about how it's gotten carried away, that's all.

ONM is still a fantastic read and iv subscribed and am loving every issue... now if only it'd arrive thru my letterbox since it's due!! :D

The only fixed camera Resi I've played is Code Veronica on the Dreamcast (though CV does feature some moving camera).

I thought it was awesome at the time, but I don't think I'd like Resi to return to the fixed camera.

u have missed too much!code voroica was the worst od them.it was boring....Play re remake and tell me u u want to changw.personally i like them to keep both

I personally thought R Evil 3 was the worst. Although R Evil 4 was awesome I still like R Evil 2 the best due to the storyline and the way the 2 scenarios interacted with each other. I would love a remake either on the DS or the Wii.

The camera angles in the early games werent that bad at the time but I do agree now we have sampled R Evil 4 the series should never go back to them.

u have missed too much!code voroica was the worst od them.it was boring....Play re remake and tell me u u want to changw.

Blasphemy. Code Veronica is probably my favourite Resi game, followed by 4 or 2. I don't mind the camera change, I just hope they bring the game to more of a horror front. As much as I loved 4, I didn't feel it induced much fear in me. the only time I can remember being freaked out were when were you attacked by those guys with claws, and those extending spiked fellas. How technical of me.

Blasphemy. Code Veronica is probably my favourite Resi game, followed by 4 or 2. I don't mind the camera change, I just hope they bring the game to more of a horror front. As much as I loved 4, I didn't feel it induced much fear in me. the only time I can remember being freaked out were when were you attacked by those guys with claws, and those extending spiked fellas. How technical of me.

*nod* i forgot about Resi 4's lack of horror, the gameplay and story made up for it but if it had the same "why has the music changed?!?" feeling about it, it would be amazing.

Well I think Resident Evil was very tense on Professional mode the first time round, especially chapter 3-1!!!

I'm going to try completing the game using only the handgun and the Knife like lots of other people have, but I think I better get the guide from Gamefaqs first, because it could get tricky :S

• 1 month later...

In this week's Famitsu magazine, the publication revealed in their Wii section some mention about a new Biohazard game, entitled Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles. Dubbed as an action game headed by Kawada Masachika, the man who was responsible for the PS2 port of Resident Evil 4, the game's story and characters have yet to be revealed, you can probably take a few guesses as to who's going to show up based on the title of the game.

The article reveals very little about the title, even to suggest that the game will somehow make use of the Wii's remote to manipulate your weapons. I suppose that's something. So far there has been little details about the game so far, and the screenshots that were included with Famitsu's preview make everything even more confusing; one screenshot depicts what seems like an old fashioned dining hall much like the one from the first Resident Evil game, as well as a door that's been blown to bits by some sort of weapon.

More information will most likely be available at the Tokyo Game Show next week, so keep checking back for updates soon!

IGN

I think IGN have been abit misleading with what they've said there,

If you look at the famitsu scan they are just screens from past Resi games and I expect the screens IGN are talking about are the same (just not on that page);

gzone2rr300yy7.jpg

The old fashion dining hall probably is the one from Resi 1,

and the door that's been blown to bits by a weapon is probably just from Resi 4!

Retro_Link that scan is not the Famitsu magazine, that scan is from a china magazine.

Anyway looks like GS magazine were right about the title Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles.

Here the wii games A-Z for Famitsu this week.

• Wing Island Oct-Dec
  • Rayman - Oct-Dec
  • Kororinpa - Oct-Dec
  • Necronesia - Nov
  • Fishing Master - Dec
  • Bleach Dec
  • Super Monkey Ball - Autumn
  • Sengoku Musou - 2006
  • SD Gundam - 2006
  • Tamagotchi - 2006
  • Crayon Shinchan - 2006
  • Mahjong - 2006
  • Cooking Mama - Winter
  • Furi Furi - Winter
  • Bomberman Land
  • Sonic and the Secret Rings
  • The Dog Island
  • Healing Type (not final title)
  • San X All Stars
  • Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles
  • GT Pro
  • Horse Racing Action
  • New RPG
  • Midori hi no Tatsujin (Master of Green Days?)

As I much as I would vastly prefer a 100% new Resi game, the possibility filling in Ada's part of the story would be quite interesting. Hopefully Capcom will make a totally new REWii if the Wii becomes popular. Though last I heard Leon was set to be the protaginist, we already know what he's been up to. Possibly being able to play Wesker prehaps, would be brilliant.

I think IGN have been abit misleading with what they've said there,

If you look at the famitsu scan they are just screens from past Resi games and I expect the screens IGN are talking about are the same (just not on that page);

The old fashion dining hall probably is the one from Resi 1,

and the door that's been blown to bits by a weapon is probably just from Resi 4!

Huh? That scan is not supposed to be Famitsu... but "Chinese magazine HK" or something. It's been out for ages too, (since 1st september)

EDIT: Dante beated me up to it ^_^

Huh? That scan is not supposed to be Famitsu... but "Chinese magazine HK" or something. It's been out for ages too, (since 1st september)

EDIT: Dante beated me up to it ^_^

Yeah I knew that scan had been around for ages (didn't realise where it was from),

I read the 'new' news on IGN today but thought it was already known (because of what we learned from the scan and article)!

I'm suprised there aren't any scans of the famitsu pictures yet!

This game sounds great IMO,

and strongly suggests Resi 5 will not be the epic game to tell of the fall of Umbrella. Instead those details will be in Resi Wii! Great news! though I'd rather that part of the story have been a full game and not part of a 'compelation' Resi about the Umbrella storyline.

Looks as though Resi might be set to continue the Resi 4 storyline perminately now (after Chronicles), with Resi 5 probably set around the time of Resi 4, only with Chris(?)!

and it looks as though Sony might have unfortunately got the exclusive for it!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!