N-Europe

Project H.A.M.M.E.R. RPG?

Shaithan

Okay I know that Project HAMMER is an action adventure game but in this phote:http://www.n-sider.com/media/news-2006-05-09-nintendogame03.jpg

There is a health bar-orange and the charge bar- white right underneath the health bar and the one under it looks like an experience bar- yellow. Also under those it says level 2, perhaps talking about the players level, or maybe the current level your playing. Does this mean that thery'll be other RPG element in it such as upgraded moves or stength, stamina, etc.

I really doubt they'll have many RPG elements, if there's really any at all. The game screams "shallow action game" which although I think could be fun, I don't expect to have much depth at all.

When have Nintendo ever released a shallow action game?

I suspect that it will have semi-RPG / character building elements to help prevent this being the case. A lot of people have written this game off on the basis of an early video and description. The game is bound to have a lot more to it by the time it reaches the stores, it's still so early. Just because you can't imagine there being more to the game doesn't mean the game designers can't.

I actually expect this to turn out extremely well.

I've a feeling it will be like the Onimusha/Devil May Cry games. Meaning you'll get to level up your weapons and armour for more powerful attacks as the game progresses. Project H.A.M.M.E.R. should be about as good as the above-mentioned games if they can add such RPG elements and keep the story and puzzles interesting. ('Cos personally I found Onimusha good but just too simple to complete)

you shouldn't link to the file. better copy & paste. they have a system to avoid linkstealing. i guess the yellow bar beneath the health bar is something like the special power hammer punch or something. and the level is the level of your hammer. so basically that would be what i made it if i programmed the game.

Guest Stefkov

Well just watchig the video in the ONM mag and it has this game on it. ok so i tried to get a scren capture did it with wmp, but tried to save it and it goes black i can print screen it but its wierd, anyway i watched it, and It seems that yellow bar build up when you hit and destroy things. Also it does have a level 1 next to it. which could mean that he does level up but im guessing its ony just to be able to get stronger or something.

i think the yellow bar that builds up is somethin to do with, what i read somewhere, hese special moves you have to do like a super swing or super smash i think. im guessing its just like a power bar to build up your smash metre. yeah i got the same idea as sonic238, read your post then got frustrated cos of this screen capture and forgot what you said.

damn you all it took me too long to do the picture.

No the power charge bar is the white one (I think) directly beneath the healthe bar. It's barely filled up in that photo.

Edit: At first this game looked kinda meh to me, but know I'm starting to think I might buy it.

Isn't that "Level 2" a bit too big to simply show on what level you or your hammer are? I also have the idea of weapons upgrade but I also think of combos that level you up so your attacks become stronger. However if you don't fight for some time or don't make any combos anymore the levels will go down again.

• 3 weeks later...