Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Sarka

Exactly, the Wii is a great console for multiplayer fun, as I have discovered, but i'm getting tired of party game after party game and a massive lack of epics. Wii needs some RPG loving, and this is going to be immense. Non fire emblem players buy PoR, I got it a few months ago and my oh my i don't regret it.

I reckon this'll be the best selling FE game worldwide yet.

yeah massive lack of epics is definitly the way to describe, I guess more will surface as the consoles userbase increases and publishers start to produce more and more games (this is of course taking for granted the wii starts continuing it's growth of sales), we will see the party games and family accessible titles, but think we will start to see more of this type of title, I wish I knew when this was coming out, so can decide whether it's worth getting the cube one (guess it will be expensive where ever I find it from?)

Just hope it happens sooner rather than later, enjoying playing Majora's Mask at the moment, but it's nothing on a brand new wii title.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what they gave PoR?

9/9/9/10. But seriously, Famitsu's reviews are pretty much pointless, as actual quality of game seems to have little to do with given score. Some fun examples from the recent history; 007: Russia with Love 35 points, Sonic the Hedgehog 34, Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire 36*, etc.

* Its average score at Gamerankings is 37.6 %

Famitsu Fire Emblem review:

- The game is a sequel to the GC game and retains all the standards and elements of FE

- Gameplay is still very traditional, one reviewer mentions that it doesn't use any control scheme where you move the remote (he gave it a 9)

- The game is hard, like the rest of the series, with perm death

- For beginners it is highly recommended to go through the new tutorial

That's pretty cool. What will the pointer be used for? (has never played an FE game before :red:)

It'll replace how you use the control stick on Path of Radiance to select units, select option, etc. Think how you select on Advance Wars if you know that.

You should definately buy Path of Radiance, I bought it fairly recently after having passed on it for some reason when it came out, and now I could probably say it's one of my favourite GC games/RPGs.

I'm not putting my hand on fire on that one... I mean... it doesn't mean it can be used as a pointer, just that you can hold the wiimote in that "one-handed" position, you still use the D-pad for the same things... :(

the way I see it I'll play with the wiimote NES-style, a pointer function would rock (but I'm not expecting it)

I'm not putting my hand on fire on that one... I mean... it doesn't mean it can be used as a pointer, just that you can hold the wiimote in that "one-handed" position, you still use the D-pad for the same things... :(

the way I see it I'll play with the wiimote NES-style, a pointer function would rock (but I'm not expecting it)

Thats what I first thought when I saw the picture!

It still seems to point out that its using the d-pad (otherwise why would there be an arrow to it at all - like in the sideways position picture), its just replaced the 1 and 2 buttons with A and B!

I will definitely import this game and japanese Wii from yesasia.com - the cheapest option for importers (as I recently discovered).

I know kana and some kanjis. However, I don't know what I'll be reading from the game 99% of the text. Still, being the first among the first ones to play the game is in my mind worth it, even though I'll be spoiling myself from some of the story, just the way I did with both of the Baten Kaitos-games.

Oh, yes. I'm definitely nuts for RPGs, so desperate for them to have on my Ninty-consoles. Yet, I decline from purchasing PS2 as of now.

But, back to point. I adored FE:PoR so much, I even toyed with the thought of importing the japanese version, just so I could see if I could recognize some of the jap text from the PAL-version. I also fell in love with all the characters, so that's why my desire to aquire Faia Embremu: Akatsu no Megami is so strong. @-)