N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melee Stages: Part 2

There was already an entry detailing how we’ve brought back some of the stages from Super Smash Bros. Melee...

So here are some more stages that can also be played in Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

world_w_11.gifYoshi’s Island

stage21_080107a-l.jpg

The steep slopes on either side are its defining characteristic.

stage21_080107b-l.jpg

That central platform screams "accident!"

world_w_03.gifCorneria

stage21_080107c-l.jpg

Battle atop the Great Fox!

stage21_080107d-l.jpg

Of course, Arwings come flying in, too.

world_w_07.gifOnett

stage21_080107e-l.jpg

The offensive and defensive struggles on the buildings of Onett return!

stage21_080107f-l.jpg

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Watch out for cars.

world_w_06.gifBrinstar

stage21_080107g-l.jpg

It’s the dreaded, legendary ocean of acid!

stage21_080107h-l.jpg

The rising and falling ocean of acid changes the field of play greatly.

world_w_10.gifRainbow Ride

stage21_080107i-l.jpg

Tour the course in this forced scrolling stage.

stage21_080107j-l.jpg

The boat sinks mid-trip and you embark on a roundabout tour!

This is amazing! Is this a lavish feast or what? I can tell you that for everyone working on this game, the amount of content has been surprising to say the least.

[/Quote]

Good to see Corneria, Onett and Brinstar back. Didn't really like Yoshi's Island and Rainbow Ride in Melee so I probably won't be playing them a lot again.

Today's update brings mixed feelings:

Corneria - I love this one. Great to see it back.

Yoshi's Island - Mixed feelings. In one way, I kinda like this stage. But it's impractical more often than not.

Brinstar - I hate this one. Generic, not much fun. I just hope there are some cool musics to play on the background.

Onett - I like this one. So many people hate it, though. But I really like it. Here's hoping it has the same awesome music from before.

Rainbow Ride - Another one I like. I just hope movement becomes easier and battles become more exciting in SSBB.

And I'm still waiting for Big Blue...

Seems like they've added a platform in the background in Brinstar for the Pokemon Trainer to stand on.

Glad to see Rainbow Ride back. I love Rainbow Ride.

Also lookie here http://uk.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat apparently this guy has 'sources' (doesn't everyone) He's releasing bits on info everyday, however he said he won't tell us any newcomers or which veterans got the axe. Highly suspicious.

Also lookie here http://uk.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat apparently this guy has 'sources' (doesn't everyone) He's releasing bits on info everyday, however he said he won't tell us any newcomers or which veterans got the axe. Highly suspicious.

He's giving pretty detailed information. It's easy to see if one of the things he mentions gets (de)confirmed, we'll know for sure.

Weird that Brinstar is back considering that the new Norfair stage is exactly the same concept but with some enhancements. Would've been better if they had Brinstar Depths, simply for the diversity.

Sadly this probably means there wont be another new Metroid stage since we already have the frigate too (why the hell did they choose that...honestly...).

Multi-man Brawl is back, the Alloys look cool and act as a nod to Meteos, they look a bit more diverse than the Wireframes in Melee...and YES two player! They really have made sure we can do everything multiplayer.

Oh and http://imdb.com/name/nm0580444/ this guy does the voice for Leon Kennedy, look what he is credited for first :D:D:D.....probably a mistake though

Multi-man Brawl is back, the Alloys look cool and act as a nod to Meteos, they look a bit more diverse than the Wireframes in Melee...and YES two player! They really have made sure we can do everything multiplayer.

Oh and http://imdb.com/name/nm0580444/ this guy does the voice for Leon Kennedy, look what he is credited for first :D:D:D.....probably a mistake though

Leon? Nice find, anyway!

Sweet update today; reprise of daily updates off to a good start imho!

I want Zant and Ganondorf/Ganon confirmed damn it. Been a bloody long time since we last got a roster update.