Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know what game that's from? All the items are Nintendo games aren't they (or in SSBB, MGS aswell).

I believe it's an original item, that doesn't really come from any Nintendo game, similar to the Beam Sword and the Fan. 'Course, I could be wrong.

The Gooey Bomb sounds ace. Turning the game into a frantic game of tip until it explodes.

Anyone know what game that's from? All the items are Nintendo games aren't they (or in SSBB, MGS aswell).

Weren't there a few original items in Melee? I think this is an original item, rather than from a game.

I wonder if the GoldenEye and Perfect Dark items will remain (they probably will - they were just "parody" items like the Beam Sword to begin with anyway).

edit:

Sakurai talks about how they got various composers. Basically the entire thing is about music actually. He seems to say they’ll be using an arranged version of the “Theme of Love” (Ai no Teema) from Metal Gear Solid 4. Someone (Kojima I assume?) mentions a Metal Gear piece of music called “Calling to the Night” that’s popular in the series. He says either it seems like they will, or he’s heard that they will, (not sure how to interpret it) use it in Smash Brothers. Sakurai affirms that he’ll be updating “day by day, little by little.” For his final word, he says to people to please anticipate the game.

A rough translation of his blog.

edit: Am I right in thinking that we won't get an update tomorrow, as todays update is Friday's update?

I believe it's an original item, that doesn't really come from any Nintendo game, similar to the Beam Sword and the Fan. 'Course, I could be wrong.
Yeah I'd forgotten about the beam sword (though is it definately original and not rfom custom robo or something we're not to familiar with?).

I agree that there shouldn't be too many original items.

Yeah I'd forgotten about the beam sword (though is it definately original and not rfom custom robo or something we're not to familiar with?).

I agree that there shouldn't be too many original items.

It's a simple lightsabre parody item.

Just and Idea.

item01_070524c.jpg

With the gooey bomb I think it would be cool if there was a beeping sound coming out of the internal speaker in the Wiimote(If that is the controller we'll be using) and the beebs gradually increase in frequency until the final explosion, also if the bomb is transfered so too is the beeping sound to the corresponding wiimote of that player. I think it could be a nice touch in gameplay:) .

Gooey bomb seems a brilliant item. I hope it starts flashing when it's about to explode so you can chase people with the bomb when you've got it stuck on you.

Agreed. If that is the case multiplayer matches will be even funnier than the previous Smash games.

Perhaps this is why they are doing the one-a-day thing - so we can poperly talk about stuff that may get relegated to the odd comment if they just brought the game out.

I agree. I actually prefer this to a massive explosion of news. That way all aspects can be fully contemplated.

Right, so since the conversation has slowed down a bit again, I thought we could get back onto setting up some inter form tournaments.

So I think the best way to do it would be to start by going to a load of forums, preferbly Nintendo ones (for obvious reasons, though I don't see why we couldn't branch out), then laying out the plans.

The plan woud be to have, say three months after the game's released to unlock everything in the game, practice, and then within each forum set up a ranking, including a captain and vice-captain at number 1 and 2. Teams could be around 20, though it'll vary depending on team size.

Two forums are paried up randomly for each month following that. Then the respective ranking from each forum would battle off against each other (or maybe in pairs). The forum that wins would be that forum which wins the most matches.

I was also thinking (for N-Europe) we could get team signatures, saying team N-Europe and our ranking. Don't know, thought it would just be cool.

What do you guys think.

Right, so since the conversation has slowed down a bit again, I thought we could get back onto setting up some inter form tournaments.

So I think the best way to do it would be to start by going to a load of forums, preferbly Nintendo ones (for obvious reasons, though I don't see why we couldn't branch out), then laying out the plans.

The plan woud be to have, say three months after the game's released to unlock everything in the game, practice, and then within each forum set up a ranking, including a captain and vice-captain at number 1 and 2. Teams could be around 20, though it'll vary depending on team size.

Two forums are paried up randomly for each month following that. Then the respective ranking from each forum would battle off against each other (or maybe in pairs). The forum that wins would be that forum which wins the most matches.

I was also thinking (for N-Europe) we could get team signatures, saying team N-Europe and our ranking. Don't know, thought it would just be cool.

What do you guys think.

When Online comes around it does open up the opportunity for clans and such. Sounds like a good idea to me.

With the gooey bomb I think it would be cool if there was a beeping sound coming out of the internal speaker in the Wiimote(If that is the controller we'll be using) and the beebs gradually increase in frequency until the final explosion, also if the bomb is transfered so too is the beeping sound to the corresponding wiimote of that player. I think it could be a nice touch in gameplay:) .

It would be nice. But Smash will not utilize the Wiimote.:heh:

What do you guys think.

The 'crew battle' system works a lot better. I'll explain it after i've finished revising...but yeah, can't wait for inter forum tournies, would be awesome.

Guest Stefkov
Sam Fisher?

¿Qué?

Reggiiiiiieee's taking some names...

I stayed up till 4 last night thinking the new info would go up...

Gooey bomb sounds fun, much like those grenades in Halo which stick to the enemy. Passing them over though sounds like it's gonna be fun to run after someone with one stuck to you.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!