NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

I'm on a geography trip to a big shopping outlet on friday. I'll just go round during lunch and find a copy and then sell my copy from choices when it eventually arrives.

Thanks for your impressions, i want more! Spoiler free of course! :D

Enjoy! Pleased it's worth (the hell of) the wait!

So far I have 11 Stars and I'm enjoying it even more :smile: I think many reviews stated that the bosses were easy and well, they kind of are but they are on the same level of difficulty as Super Mario 64's bosses really.

Anyway I'm off to play it for 15 mins more before I have to go to work. T.T I'll no doubt play it more later though but so far it's really good. ^^'

Can anyone tell me if the game is despatched on thursday will I get it by the weekend,do amazon work saturdays?

Japanese sales from last week:

Position 3.Super Mario Galaxy 78000 (335000)

Thats not all, look at number one and total sales:

Position 1.Mario Party DS 242000

Japanese sure are going handheld mental aren't they?

Lets hope Europe show Nintendo that Mario Galaxy is our fav game EVER! :D

I am right in saying that many predicted Galaxy would sell more then that? no?

Still, it's not too shabby.

Jesus, the japanese really do like their handhelds. Ahwell, the game is odds on to sell massive amounts in both Europe and America, so it should be fine.

Also, the PS3 outsold the Wii by over 20,000 units too! Though bearing in mind they did launch the new model this week over there.

Game sent my copy earlyer today, should be here tomorow... cant wait.

Time to dust off my Wii me thinks

I swear...if the post is late or doesnt turn up tomorrow...Royal Mail wont know what hit them

Argh! I'm so annoyed! I was going to go into town in my free period today, but had to stay at college because my italian teacher wanted someone to stay and talk to the inspector, and it had to be me! Don't know when I can preorder it now....What time is GAME open untill?

I'm off to my 24 hour open Tesco at around 7:30 on Friday morning to hopefully pick up a copy (or two, incase of stock issue's) of this game, before work. I won't be playing it Friday tho, as I'm using my mum's money to buy it, thus it's a Christmas present. I don't mind waiting, got plenty to do for the next 4-5 weeks or so, but I shall be keeping away from this thread soon!

So far I have 11 Stars and I'm enjoying it even more :smile: I think many reviews stated that the bosses were easy and well, they kind of are but they are on the same level of difficulty as Super Mario 64's bosses really.

Anyway I'm off to play it for 15 mins more before I have to go to work. T.T I'll no doubt play it more later though but so far it's really good. ^^'

Boss battles vs Bowser are what I think is pretty boring. could of been done so much better.

Choices have sent mine off today. Though it says on they website delivery for something takes "3-7 days".

Bollocks.

Same here! and dont worry you'll have your copy by Friday or even tomorrow if your lucky.

Some 5 or more pages of just people saying their orders were just sent, or not yet sent.... What is wrong with you guys?? At least talk about the game, not about the postman.

Japanese sales from last week:

Position 3.Super Mario Galaxy 78000 (335000)

Thats not all, look at number one and total sales:

Position 1.Mario Party DS 242000

Japanese sure are going handheld mental aren't they?

Lets hope Europe show Nintendo that Mario Galaxy is our fav game EVER! :D

I am right in saying that many predicted Galaxy would sell more then that? no?

Still, it's not too shabby.

I wouldnt say it is just a handheld issue as Wii has big selling games. problem is they are the more casual games. Mario Party 8 sold huge numbers on Wii. You would of thought this would of carried over for Mario Galaxy.

Mario is Nintendo leading mascot so I do think it is a problem. like I have said before I find it worrying that a superb game like SMG is not shifting them huge numbers. I really don't know what kind of image the Wii has in Japan!!

Hardware sales are gonna be really interesting considering the PS3 price drop. I expected SMG to help fight of the PS3 this winter. Looks like Wii Fit will do that instead.

mmmm...I did find it slightly odd that Mario didn't sell more in Japan..i wonder what they look for in games?

Well..It look like I won't be able to get a new Wii until next year. So I'll have to get this then.

Well I'm skipping uni tomorrow to go to the metro centre for the 6-9pm launch at GAME. I'm gonna let the wifey finish her chrimbo shopping most of the day (I'm soo caring). And so she gets her clothes/perfumes and I get Mario. Woo! It's all about making her "think" it's for her lol.

I wonder if GAME will have a limited supply of Wii consoles to sell alongside Galaxy? There are some photograpers from Nintendo there afterall...

Can anyone tell me if the game is despatched on thursday will I get it by the weekend,do amazon work saturdays?

Yes, they do. I've ordered about 200 things from them in 5 years, so trust me, they do.

Same here! and dont worry you'll have your copy by Friday or even tomorrow if your lucky.

Really? Awesome! I only ordered it last night. Somehow I think the whole shortage thing is only with certain retailers who didn't bother to order enough copies.

FUCK YEAH! My local Centro Mail rang me up earlier on to tell me my copy of SMG had arrived. So far, I've got 3 stars, and I can easily say it's the most fun I've had with a game for years. Literally.