NEurope
Ashley

Super Mario Galaxy

Managed to play a couple of hours (figured I should really eat something quickly) and have 6 stars.

This is a thing of beauty , I never imagined that it could look this good and I was instantly taken aback. Controls are absolutely perfect and so easy to get used to and the level design is also incredible.

So much has already been introduced into those opening couple of hours I just can't imagine what else is in store. I really want to take my time with this so I can savour it to the full but I just can't see how I am going to put this down.

Hopefully when i return home, my games will be on my doormat.

If not, CRY. CRY. >_>

Played it for about 30 minutes before I had to pause. It's awesome but one thing that bothered me was how difficult it was to jump on small planets. There was one place where I lost several lives because I couldn't see how far I had to jump. Hopefully it won't be that bad once I get used to it. Other than that is great so far.

Oh my God, mines at home but Ive got to go see a show after work in Bromingham (I live in Lincoln), I aint get backing till get midnight (after drinks with friends at show)!! I have a crazy weekend and Ive had no sleep all week - do I A/ Go home have a 5 minute play and have sweet (and by sweet I mean wet) dreams about the game and just play it when I can (monday) or do I fuck it and play it all night!!?!?!

I think we all know which one I'm going to do!

Hopefully when i return home, my games will be on my doormat.

If not, CRY. CRY. >_>

Is that a Frycry or a Crysis? :p

Oh man this game is orgasmic, it's just unexplanable really. It's sheer fun on a disc! I love working the way up to a star, it really feels like say working your way up to a Colossus in Shadow of the Colossus, just going into the Galaxies and watching them extend everytime you get a star. Oh man IT ROCKS!

I want a 2D Galaxy made for the DS, ie with Bee Mario power up and such.

The Bee Mario should be a staple for future games.

DazzyBee get stuck in a give it a play! Nintendo have impressed me, the graphics are pure indulgence for the eyes and the cuts scene have a nice cinematic feel to them. Which is something I never thought Nintendo would grasp. And they have done it. Perfection.... apart from when I'm running Mario round a small planet, I feel my stomach churn. Which ain't cool.

________

Video Review

Edited by fex

Despatched,getting it tomorrow.Over the moon does not even touch the service.

Gah I got guilted in to going out last night and subsequently STUPIDLY ended up spending the last bit of money I have until I get paid next week. Meaning... no mario galaxy at game for me today.

Do I rush over to CEX now and sell a shit load of games (which I may regret selling) for the cash for galaxy so I can get it NOW or do I wait a week?

Also does anyone know how much it is in-store at game? 39.99 I expect?

Amazon posted mine this morning. The estimated delivery time is '17 November' but hopefully i'll have it by tomorrow.

I don't think this will reach number 1 in the UK charts somehow, I mean assasins cread is number 1 on both play and game's online charts. This game really does deserve to be at number one the number of awesome reviews it's getting.

god damn it my copy from game didn't show up...I'm working 9am-9pm tomorrow and then 9-6 saturday so doubt I will get much play...if it turns up tomorrow which it should if their postal dates are right. Was hoping it would turn up tday but nevermind...

Wow, this is doing the business over on Gamerankings, after 24 reviews it's ranked as the second best game of all time with 97.5%, pretty good going.

Bee Mario is wonderful to control and the cutest thing ever! :D

Actually (to the people who have it) that world so far is my fav world, thats all i'm saying.

:D

Got it today too.

TASTY

Played about an hour and the thing that has struck me the most is how wonderful the music is. Truely awesome.

No more superlatives to add, they have all been said. If anyone does not buy this game then GET OUT.

Damn you Choices! despatched yesterday but hasn't turned up yet - ah well hopefully will be there tomorrow!

This week Japanese sales.

01. [NDS] Mario Party DS (Nintendo) - 235,000 / NEW

02. [PS3] Shin Sangoku Musou 5 (Koei) - 188,000 / NEW

03. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) - 74,000 / 325,000

:hmm::sad:

Just stopping for dinner. Am loving it :D Although parts of it do fee llike its not Mario, but still...its awesome :D

I know, i posted it a few pages back. :(

Not exactly amazing is it?

Well I just popped into the launch do at GAME Dawson Street and there was about 20 people in front of me. I was on my way home from the opticians and I picked me up a swag bag. A hat, a torch and something else (which I haven't opened yet) and obviously the bag as well.

Didnt have the money to get the game so left after some old magician did a few tricks so will pop into gamestop tomorrow morning to pick it up.

I hope it has some great legs. I don't understand why it isn't selling better there.

Just heard the game's arrived at home, just one more day of Uni before I get to play it. :(

tomorrow morning cant come soon enough!!

didnt order online incase of postal strike or it not turning up until saturday or sumthing.

going to currys for 9am with a £5 voucher (cheers nintendo mag) then playing it until night (party)