N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah which was the worst Metorid game ever made IMO

Yeh I'll go with that. Still pretty fun though, as far as I'm concerned Hunters is a completely different type of game than the other primes.

Metroid Prime should be a single player game.

Hang on! We should be talking about Metroid Prime games and whats good for the genre not by the nature of the franchise. By that reconning, SSB should be a Metroid game too!

You mean the main Metroid Prime games.

As Hunters and Pinball were spin-offs of the Prime Trilogy.

Anyway, Corruptions sounds much more like an FPS than the other two.

You mean the main Metroid Prime games.

As Hunters and Pinball were spin-offs of the Prime Trilogy.

Anyway, Corruptions sounds much more like an FPS than the other two.

hmm yeah from what I have seen I have to agree I am seeing more then just samus on this game which is very sad :(

hmm yeah from what I have seen I have to agree I am seeing more then just samus on this game which is very sad :(

Yeah i see what you mean, however we have really only seen the first section of the game, which was very action heavy due to the attack on the fleet. I was worried about this at first but the fact that they are concentrating on making this a single player experience makes me think otherwise. I'm guessing that Samus will be more and more alone as the game goes on and just maybe we might get a peak into her personal struggle as she gets corrupted.

I actually hope they make it a bit more FPS like.

I completed both Metroid Primes and the two GBA Metroids as well and while I enjoyed them I found both Prime titles to feel a bit too lonely and I didn't really get to know Samus although the second improved because of Dark Samus which I found to be a very enjoyable enemy.

Somehow I felt a lot more involved in the 2D ones - I actually felt more like a Bounty Hunter while in 3D I had a more explorer like as well as bug killer feeling.

And another thing was that also there were many critics that Prime 2 is too similar to Prime 1 but what should they change? The second had another dimension, other weapons and other level-design - and still it was too similar?

Well the only thing to change that is to bring in a new style and this actually makes me a lot more excited about this game than the previous ones - I'd really like to see a violent and aggressive Samus.

E3 I can literally see them vomitting information (excuse that ;)) on this.

Although it's a lot smaller and more press focus, they know (as well as Nintendo) that a lot of people want to hear stuff on this, so they'll try and nab as much exclusive info first.

E3 I can literally see them vomitting information (excuse that ;)) on this.

Well, that can't be a pretty sight.

As for the secondary characters and voice acting, if Retro studios know what they're doing, they will be there just for story development purposes (A la Castlevania) and won't interfere much in the action (unless they become enemies. Then, its perfectly acceptable for them to be bosses.).

Personally, I believe most of them will probably die or become enemies (perhaps both) without interfering in the action and exploration. Retro Studios knows better than to take away what made the series so great in the first place.

Well, that can't be a pretty sight.

As for the secondary characters and voice acting, if Retro studios know what they're doing, they will be there just for story development purposes (A la Castlevania) and won't interfere much in the action (unless they become enemies. Then, its perfectly acceptable for them to be bosses.).

Personally, I believe most of them will probably die or become enemies (perhaps both) without interfering in the action and exploration. Retro Studios knows better than to take away what made the series so great in the first place.

Exactly what I was thinking. Retro did this very well in one and two, giving you a taste of civilisation at the beginning (the deserted space station and the recording of the butcher of the federation forces) and then taking it away to excentuate how lonely the character is. In fact my least favourite aspect of Echoes was the fact the good aliens (name forgoes me) were talking to you.

Fusion sucks!

No it doesn't.

Ah...I remember back in the day when my parents spent more than £20 for my birthday. Metroid Prime, Metroid Fusion and Zelda: Wind Waker on pre-order.

Aww man, I should've known you would discuss this.

I don't like it being short, or the story (space version of Sex and the City), but I specially dislike having someone telling me what course to have and holding my hand the whole game.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!