Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just bumping this from half way down the 6th wii duscussion page, so what does that tell you? This game is a system seller, and one of the main reasons to get a wii and there's absolutely nothing to show for it.

This means

1) they better release some news soon

2) retro studios needs a kick up the arse if 1 does not happen

Just bumping this from half way down the 6th wii duscussion page, so what does that tell you? This game is a system seller...

Actually, Metroid Prime isn't true system seller by any stretch. First one sold 2.7 million copies worldwide, second only 1.25 million copies. In fact, even Mario Parties* have sold better than Metroid Prime. :)

* And still, interestingly enough, I still need to see guy who would complain about Mario Party being late

The Wii doesn't need a system seller though. Gamers young and old are snapping em' up as fast as Nintendo can pump the things out. Personally, I'm happy to wait and let Retro Studios do whatever they need to do to make the best damn game possible. Besides, I still haven't finished Echos.

I think it needs a couple of "system sellers" to attract the more hardcore gamers and keep the fans happy.Alot of people are picking them up because of the "non-games" such as Wii sports,but it would be good to keep the momentum going and to keep people happy with their system with a good flow of games and get the Wii to appeal to gamers who are more into 360 and PS2/3 because if more younger and more mature people play the Wii and the play the same couple of games the magic might rub off a bit,so to keep things fresh and attract the people a "system seller" can be released.

This is becoming a very interesting point. NIntendo will sell every machine they make, so from a business stand point does it hold back all its big guns for when sales slow down?

But then if realy good games dont come out now, people with Wiis may get bored and buy a 360 or ps3, and people waiting for a Wii may give up cause theres no decent games.

Maybe we havent heard anything because Nintendo are thinking about these factors, for me 3rd party support is looking awesome and in the next 2 months theres Super paper mario and Mario Strikers. Interesting though, I just wish Nintendo could produce more machines!!!

Of course, the next big system seller (Brain Training) isn't likely to appeal to the "hardcore fans" in the slightest. Like the DS version it will almost certainly shift squillions of games and consoles, but into the hands of your gaming grandma and all her friends. Lets face it, we're a minor revenue stream now.

This is becoming a very interesting point. NIntendo will sell every machine they make, so from a business stand point does it hold back all its big guns for when sales slow down?

But then if realy good games dont come out now, people with Wiis may get bored and buy a 360 or ps3, and people waiting for a Wii may give up cause theres no decent games.

Maybe we havent heard anything because Nintendo are thinking about these factors, for me 3rd party support is looking awesome and in the next 2 months theres Super paper mario and Mario Strikers. Interesting though, I just wish Nintendo could produce more machines!!!

all valid points. the only reason why im complaining though is that i want metroid soon, even if it isnt sold at a stretegical time. more big games are needed to keep people interested, as people have been saying.

I don't think it's bad for a game to have little news released about it. As long as the information comes at the right time, through advertising, etc.

Trouble is, nowadays, there is a problem of 'over-hyping' a game. We kept seeing screens and trailers and bits of news for Twilight Princess for 2 years. Was it any wonder that the game left people underwhelmed? It was never going to meet expectations, due to the stupidly high pedestal people put it on before release.

The info will come, all in good time. Look at the Mario Galaxy trailer, very well timed I thought. A little teaser to keep the fans going. As we get closer and closer to its release, we'll get more and more info and videos, etc.

I don't think it's bad for a game to have little news released about it. As long as the information comes at the right time, through advertising, etc.

Trouble is, nowadays, there is a problem of 'over-hyping' a game. We kept seeing screens and trailers and bits of news for Twilight Princess for 2 years. Was it any wonder that the game left people underwhelmed? It was never going to meet expectations, due to the stupidly high pedestal people put it on before release.

Very true. A great example, even if it has started to get over used on here, is ExciteTruck. No real hype for it yet just about everyone who bought it on these forums loved it to bits as it was a nice suprise.

Back on topic, I have never been a big fan of the Metroid games but I still have played through them all and will still be picking this up as I want to see how the story ends.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!