Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I welcome the change and the game in general, the 360 needs more decent platformers (Idk if it's vehicle heavy, still a platformer) and a lot of people have wanted a new Banjo game for years so roll on November! ^^

Bought Dark Sector and Lost Odyssey yesterday. Returned them today upon realisation of their shitness. Completed most of Dark Sector though. Back to GTA4, which I'm lurrrrving. Also: Jade Empire arrived today! It's fantastic.

Lost Odyssey wins. What didn't you like about it?

Lost Odyssey wins. What didn't you like about it?

Oh well, let me see, perhaps it was the overly melodramatic dialogue, which would be hilarious if it wasn't so blatantly supposed to be ponderous. Then, there's the textbook moody/silent protagonist, combined with a plot that absolutely fails to engage on any level and the dull looking locations give you what seems to be an epic turd with fantastic production values.

J-rpgs never do "seriousness" well. They take it overboard and are never believable. It's the reason why Chrono Trigger is so awesome; funny, endearingly cutesy characters make me laugh, so I give a shit, making anything that happens to them all the more involving.

The Rock Band Guitar used to be able tp be used with the Guitar hero games right? Well not anymore... just had a blast on the new Coldplay track pack for GH III (the game updated before I played) used the GH controller then decided I wanted to use the RB guitar and now you just get a message that says the following...

"Unsupported guitar peripheral detected, please disconnect and connect either a GH Guitar or a control pad and press start"

Bastards! >< oh well looks like i won't be playing GH II and III much anymore, I prefer the RB controller and now it's unusable with all GH games (I was sure it was compatible before) the GH controller now feels just cheap and unresponsive in comparison.

*sigh* oh well I guess I'll be buying the next RB game and not GH:WT then :heh: though I was considering picking up GH:Aerosmith and Metallica at some point, damn... looks like I'll have to use the GH Guitar sometimes, even though the RB one is blatantly better >< IMO. meh...

Guest Stefkov
I know I keep going on about it everywhere, but I can't believe I didn't play Mass Effect till now!!

Bet you didn't say that until the lesbian alien sex scene.

Oh well, let me see, perhaps it was the overly melodramatic dialogue, which would be hilarious if it wasn't so blatantly supposed to be ponderous. Then, there's the textbook moody/silent protagonist, combined with a plot that absolutely fails to engage on any level and the dull looking locations give you what seems to be an epic turd with fantastic production values.

J-rpgs never do "seriousness" well. They take it overboard and are never believable. It's the reason why Chrono Trigger is so awesome; funny, endearingly cutesy characters make me laugh, so I give a shit, making anything that happens to them all the more involving.

Didn't give it enough of a chance:P It shines so much in the dream stories, man those are the most well written game material ever.

I still haven't touched my Mass Effect. :)

Still haven't bought Mass Effect, but thats only cos I'm playing through Bioshock (which is fucking awesome) and playing GoW on co op as well. There's still loads of games I need to buy and play:

Mass Effect

Elder Scrolls

Lost Odyssey

GTA4

FEAR

GRID

Halo 3

Dead Rising

FIFA 08

The Orange box

Probably get through some of them during the summer!

Didn't give it enough of a chance:P It shines so much in the dream stories, man those are the most well written game material ever.

I still haven't touched my Mass Effect. :)

I read through two dream sequences, which were fairly pretentious pseudo meaningful crap, and of course, if they're the best part of Lost Odyssey, it's not much of a videogame is it?

Also; You should definitely play Mass Effect. That's an RPG done right. Great story too.

I loved Mass Effect, put more hours into it than anything in a long while. Once you get the hang of the Biotic attacks it becomes smooth and enjoyable and has a great story.

Letty, you have to pay Liara a lot of attention ;) and all positive responses!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!