NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

My 360 got the red ring of death yesterday. :(

Are they likely to bother fixing it, or just send a replacement?

could be either.

get it sent off but remember not to include your hard drive, game discs or anything else in the box.

In my experience they very rarely outright replace units, especially if this is your first time sending a machine off. Even if you did receive a different console it would be a refurbishment rather than brand new.

If you bought the 360 less than a year ago and still have the receipt it might be easier/quicker to swap it at the place you bought it from, assuming you purchased it from a brick and mortar store.

Ive decided to send mine off, i might aswell get it fixed before my RROD warranty voids. My 360's got a giant sticker on the side, so ill see wether they replace it or not, i hope they do cos mines so fuckin loud!

SCART isnt hd.. use the component cable, HDMI or VGA

Ah right, just slammed it in the component ports and it's worked, the text isn't bigger per sé, but it's actually readable, the downer here is there's no sound.

Sorry to hear about your red ring woes Skunky.

Mein Xbox hath returned.

Its a replacement model, which is annoying, as I had to reconfigure the network and so on. Also, I swear to god the shell is a different colour. Is there a colour difference between Premium/Arcade? I think it must be an arcade they sent. No HDMI port though :( Also annoying: I lent Prototype to my friend, thinking it wouldn't be back until after I went on holiday. Now, I have the dilemma: do I demand it back, so I can play for the next 2 days, or do I let him keep it until I return.

Mein Xbox hath returned.

Its a replacement model, which is annoying, as I had to reconfigure the network and so on. Also, I swear to god the shell is a different colour. Is there a colour difference between Premium/Arcade? I think it must be an arcade they sent. No HDMI port though :( Also annoying: I lent Prototype to my friend, thinking it wouldn't be back until after I went on holiday. Now, I have the dilemma: do I demand it back, so I can play for the next 2 days, or do I let him keep it until I return.

Tell him you want it back untill your holiday, then he can have it untill afterwards.

He should understand.

Well is the disk drive white? If not it's a Premium.

You mean the front part of it? Mine is metallic. Guess that makes it a Premium, if I understand you.

I think the reason it looks so clean is the lack of a dust layer on it, and the fact that the faceplate is the same colour as the machine, unlike the custom one I had on before. I quite like it looking so clean, so may leave it as is for now.

Tell him you want it back untill your holiday, then he can have it untill afterwards.

He should understand.

Spoke to him about it, and I quote: "It's pish, I've played it once"

And he had to cheek to make me cycle up the hill to his house to get my own game that he never played!

One upside is that I now have the BENQ disk drive, supposedly the more reliable and quieter one.

Edited by Gizmo

So now I have a HDTV I'm all excited to play my games in HD. IS using a HDMI cable really that much better, though? Or is component still pretty good?

Well i got no sound when trying the component cable on my HDTV, thought the 360 was broken but managed to get a HDMI cable cheap from Woolies (On closing day, only had 1 left) and it worked like a charm.

Well i got no sound when trying the component cable on my HDTV, thought the 360 was broken but managed to get a HDMI cable cheap from Woolies (On closing day, only had 1 left) and it worked like a charm.

What is cheap when it comes to these cables?

Gold plated doesn't make any difference. Plus you get get gold plated ones for £4 off amazon, well they did have that offer a couple of weeks ago anyway.

Gold plated does make a slight difference but it doesn't matter that much, generally HDMI either works or it doesn't so the quality of the cableis kinda irrelevant, for all these expensive cables it seems you're basically paying for how well they are made.

What about the rest of Europe?

Reached 10 000 in gamerscore this weekend :yay:

but with a completion rate of 40 % ::shrug:

Edited by Tales

Hit 20000G today myself :D Thanks Worms 2 Armageddon!

Also, epic news about 1v100. Can't wait.

Does Gears Of War 2 still have matchmaking problems?

Because I just borrowed it and am going online for the first time and I´ve been waiting in matchmaking for like 10 minutes searching for a game...

Reckon that may be worth a look.

Reached 10 000 in gamerscore this weekend :yay:

but with a completion rate of 40 % ::shrug:

I am expecting to hit 10k in the next week or so, also with a completion rate of around 40%.

Because I just borrowed it and am going online for the first time and I´ve been waiting in matchmaking for like 10 minutes searching for a game...

Tried it a couple of weeks back and experienced similar, thought it may have had something to do with my noobish at the game and still being a level 1 player, but maybe not. Even then, I got stuck with a bunch of level 30-40 players :confused:.

I actually spent longer looking for matches than I did playing/surviving in them, perhaps I need to practice more :p , although the experience did actually put me off.

I haven't had any problems with matchmaking, but it has massive host advantage problems (unless the patch a few days ago fixed it).