NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Gizmo, I was a Sony child, so that's probably true.

Gears of Wars 2 is much, much better than I expected. They're pretty much improved every single aspect of the first game, and the levels are much more varied. The plot also comes across better - I had absolutely no idea why I was doing whatever it was I was doing in the first game. Oh, and giant worm FTW.

Edit: My exact thoughts at the time was "that looks like the Star Wars giant spaceworm form that angle. It would be awesome if we got eaten by it...

...oh...

...awesome!"

Edit: Also, the amount of colour in the game makes a huge difference.

Agreed on everything. It really is amazing what a bit of colour can do to a game.

And the giant worm was brilliant.

"Anya... it's a giant worm. They're sinking cities with a giant worm!"

But in which case all current 360 owners would need to buy a new £250 console to play the newer games... can't see Microsoft doing that. A redesign yes maybe, but not a console upgrade surely.

I think you misunderstood, all games would still work on the original 360 but playing them on the revised hardware would yield better performance or increased effects, much like PC game settings can be tailored to the hardware they're running on.

Anyway it's just a rumour, and one lots of people have different takes on. Personally I'd put my money on a redesigned, rebranded machine with negligible differences to current 360 hardware — built in Wi-FI, HDD, and perhaps a dash more RAM for Dashboard purposes.

Edit: My exact thoughts at the time was "that looks like the Star Wars giant spaceworm form that angle. It would be awesome if we got eaten by it...

"Anya... it's a giant worm. They're sinking cities with a giant worm!"

Yeah, loved that section to bits :D

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts arrived this morning. How is it that I haven't even played this franchise until Saturday?! I love it. :D I've got 100% on the first four worlds in Banjo Kazooie, and I'm just working my way through Nutty Acres on Nuts & Bolts.

Im glad you've checked the Banjo series out, they are fantastic games and despite what many may say that does include Nuts N Bolts. Its nice to see that you have embraced your 360 a little more, Nathan :bowdown:

Its nice to see that you have embraced your 360 a little more, Nathan :bowdown:

I agree! Good man :D

Anyone else checked out the new look of My Xbox and Friends List over on xbox.com? Its pretty sweet :D

Why do you have your privacy enabled with your gamercard? Ashamed of what you're playing? :P

Why do you have your privacy enabled with your gamercard? Ashamed of what you're playing? :P

Not at all. Its been great getting messages off various people on Live asking why i've done this, nosey gits :D

Not sure how that can be great...........your gamer points is a little impressive though, for me anyways. I think Jordan maybe has 10 bazillion points though.

Not sure how that can be great............

At least his works :p

At least his works :p

touché

It works now kinda, no picture though for some reason!!

touché

It works now kinda, no picture though for some reason!!

Change / re-select your gamer-pic, it should work then; it's probably because it wasn't working at all before that it's refusing to show the pic atm.

I've been looking through the Argos catalogue on some of their "deals". I have been thinkings of getting Assassins Creed and maybe The Last Remnant, part of their 2 for £30 thing.

Good dealings?

I've been looking through the Argos catalogue on some of their "deals". I have been thinkings of getting Assassins Creed and maybe The Last Remnant, part of their 2 for £30 thing.

Good dealings?

If there is nothing better in the offer then probably but I'm sure that both of those games could be obtained for less than £15 each on eBay.

Creed - £9.50 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASSASSINS-CREED-XBOX-360_W0QQitemZ200352777794QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS?hash=item2ea5f4c642&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A2|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A50

Remnant - £14.97 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/The-Last-Remnant-Microsoft-XBOX-360-Game-Fast-Post_W0QQitemZ290326005590QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS?hash=item4398c74756&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A2|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

£24.47 a saving of £5.53 might be worth it, because it'll cost you to go into town to pick them up... unless your talking online deals in which case you may as well get them off eBay anyway unless you've had problems with the site.

Edited by S.C.G

I picked up Assassin's creed and something else in a 2 for £20 deal in gamestation, so you might be better off looking there.

I just checked their website, which doesn't seem to do the same deals they do in-store, but they have The Last Remnant and assassin's creed available for a few quid left than £30, anyway.

I just noticed - they're out of stock, for shame, but as I say, try in-store? Argos nearly always tends to be vastly overpriced.

I thought they wouldn't be that great an offer. Thought I'd ask. Will wander into Cash Converters on Friday and see what's happening. Assuming I can wade through the many copies of out of date footie games and copies of Golden Compass.

Anyone know where I can get some Microsoft points delivered through e-mail? (Prefer 800 ones)

Wanna get the new Fallout expansion but it won't accept my card :/ (Even though he worked when I bought the Fable 2 expansion afew days ago)

Checked ebay but couldent see any.

I thought they wouldn't be that great an offer. Thought I'd ask. Will wander into Cash Converters on Friday and see what's happening. Assuming I can wade through the many copies of out of date footie games and copies of Golden Compass.

Alternatively, if you don't fancy ebay (or a trip to Cash Converters), you can pick up new copies of the games for similar prices as above.

Assassins Creed £9.73 @ The Hut

The Last Remnant £14.95 @ Zavvi

This seems to be the general price consensus, around a tenner for Creed and £15 for Remnant. Would anyone here recommend these?

Anyone know where I can get some Microsoft points delivered through e-mail? (Prefer 800 ones)

Wanna get the new Fallout expansion but it won't accept my card :/ (Even though he worked when I bought the Fable 2 expansion afew days ago)

Checked ebay but couldent see any.

ShopTo.net do the codes by email now i believe :)

Creed is great fun. Kinda miss it, might pick it up again soon.

Edited by McPhee
Automerged Doublepost

As a relatively new 360 owner, I am finding some of the older games are really cheap pre-owned.A game that has cought my eye is Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. The reviews seem to vary from average to very good. Has anybody here got/had this game? And if so, what are your thoughts?

I think Bad Company is supposed to be way better, and no doubt features considerably more players at this point. The last point being key.

http://twitgoo.com/xx53 (they look pretty sweet, shame they're not sold anywhere)

I remember the demo for Modern Combat was pretty busy, online, back when I played it.

Bad Company will be more populated now though, with it being the newest one. It was quite good aswell.

Fuck modern Combat, Bad Company is so much better, the destruction and online play makes that game so gooood.

BUY IT!

Speaking of Bad Company I just got an email from Asda, it's £11.91 on their website.

Plus there are a few other cheap games, Dead Space for £12.91, etc.