NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Teaser for a nex-gen project from Bethesda titled "Brink".

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/24836

I'll admit, after playing Oblivion, what I'd class as my first 360 title (I came in a little late to this gen after a period of little interest from traditional gaming) and being blown away by it; and then enjoying Fallout 3 loads; I'm a bit of Bethesda fanboy. Love these guys so I'm super excited for their projects. I hope they show something of this at E3, I don't see how they can't. I also hope they show their Wii project, too.

Also, the job listing for the 300 thousand game-networking thing: surely a sign that come E3 we'll see the first console MMO announced. Probably an already established title on the PC that needs to strengthen itself (Lord of the Rings?).

- And no, Home is not an MMO anything.

Edited by Wesley

Good news everyone! Zavvi finally realised I wanted to give them money and R6V2 has been despatched and is en route. Any luck for you Wezzers?

Also, the job listing for the 300 thousand game-networking thing: surely a sign that come E3 we'll see the first console MMO announced. Probably an already established title on the PC that needs to strengthen itself (Lord of the Rings?).

- And no, Home is not an MMO anything.

Final Fantasy XI came out ages ago, as did Phantasy Star Universe, and Champions Online is due on the 360 near the end of the year. If those don't count there's about 8 announced MMOs for the PS3, too.

Anyway, I would imagine the job posting is Primetime related.

Good news everyone! Zavvi finally realised I wanted to give them money and R6V2 has been despatched and is en route. Any luck for you Wezzers?

Agh! No! I cancelled mine a while back after getting in touch with them and being told that they couldn't give me any date to when it may come. I will pick it up though (probably when I move (1st July) and get myself a HDTV) because I really enjoyed the first and got hooked on that. It was definately my gaming highlight of this year. I need to go back to the missed gems this summer.

Also, when I move I should get round to getting Live for some online play.

Final Fantasy XI came out ages ago, as did Phantasy Star Universe, and Champions Online is due on the 360 near the end of the year. If those don't count there's about 8 announced MMOs for the PS3, too.

Anyway, I would imagine the job posting is Primetime related.

I really considered deleting my profile and committing e-suicide after what you said. I can't believe I didn't think of FF and Phantasy Star, especially because as a kid I yerned for the latter on the 'cube. I would normally try to save face and say, "Oh, I meant for X under the condition of X. And anyway Title X doesn't count because of X and X". But I was totally out on all of that.

Edited by Wesley

I'll expect a letter on my desk first thing. Signed in arterial blood.

If it's any consolation journalists on podcasts always seem to forget there are already console MMOs out there. They're something of an enclosed environment, only really of interest to those actually playing them.

E3 6:30pm on monday being shown on the xbox :)

my word left 4 dead is AWESOME did a 4 player on it eariler and loved it

I don't want to watch on my 360 because the connection is crap. Or did you mean XBox.com? Where is everyone watching the conferences?

aye on the xbox itself..your prob right the stream will be crap :/

may end up watching on gamespot as did last year as found there feed very good

What time GMT is Microsoft's conference tomorrow? Don't have a 360 but like to watch them all (will actually miss the other 2 because of work) and Microsoft often show 3rd party multiplatform titles with the idea that they are better on 360 cos of achievements and live etc...

Don't get me started on that game! Overrated as hell and generally boring.

Don't get me started on that game! Overrated as hell and generally boring.

And to hell you shall fall.

Sorry, you seemed like a nice guy.

What time GMT is Microsoft's conference tomorrow? Don't have a 360 but like to watch them all (will actually miss the other 2 because of work) and Microsoft often show 3rd party multiplatform titles with the idea that they are better on 360 cos of achievements and live etc...

It's on Monday.

And to hell you shall fall.

Sorry, you seemed like a nice guy.

What was good about it? Lack of detail and variety made it dull to look at.

sauce?

much as I'm inclined to say wooty wewt at the sight of more Halo, that screen could have very easily been doctored.

Bungie website duuuuuh.

Seriously Choze you always get called out for posted a link, why do you still not?

Halo:Reach...hmmmm. Wonder if it will be based around the Fall of Reach book?

I started Too Human today, nearly finished it with just the last chapter to do. Its not as bad as I was expecting, still not amazing but easily worth the £6 I paid for it.

I'm working 15:00 till 00:00 so im going to miss the conference... :(

I shall to have a good read of everything that has gone on when i get home!!!!

I just found out on GiantBomb that the new Bethesda project is with Splash Damage and is an FPS. Colour me excited.

just looking on gamespot and it says 22 hours until MS's press conference so 8am (uk time) tomorrow? is that right?

Teaser for a nex-gen project from Bethesda titled "Brink".

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/24836

I'll admit, after playing Oblivion, what I'd class as my first 360 title (I came in a little late to this gen after a period of little interest from traditional gaming) and being blown away by it; and then enjoying Fallout 3 loads; I'm a bit of Bethesda fanboy. Love these guys so I'm super excited for their projects. I hope they show something of this at E3, I don't see how they can't. I also hope they show their Wii project, too.

You'll be less happy to hear that they've abandoned the Elder Scrolls series for the forseeable future then. New projects can't be bad, but i'm not too happy about that news :(

NOOO! *melts*

*watery bubble pops in the sound of "Link?"*

I am actually glad I did not take PoP off my rentals list as I have really enjoyed it :)

Well, looks like my 360 is on it's way out. Got the RROD today, though it's now gone after letting it cool down. But that's a warning shot, so I give it maybe 2 months max. Almost 2 years to the day when I got it, aswell.