NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

First Gears > second.

Gameplay is far more fresh in the first, its much more fun and the multi is far less broken/buggy...

Oh fuck. I go away for the weekend, come back and end up with the red lights.

I'm a little confused at what I'm supposed to do.

Microsoft will be sending me a shipping label via email. I presume they'll be sending me a box.

- Will the box go through UPS or normal post?

- Will I be able to put my Xbox in the box when the box is dropped off and get them to take it straight away?

- If not, could I organise UPS to pick it up from my house and will this cost me anything?

Edit: Nevermind. I'll have to get a box myself and I can organise for them to pick it up.

One question:

They told me to remove the faceplate and HDD (which I was going to do anyway). Do I have to send them the power supply?

Sorry to hear that cube! Hope its back and up n running in no time!

Just got a message off u cube on xbox live. Is that a standard message that gets sent out?

Is that a standard message that gets sent out?

You can send/read messages on Xbox.com.

Thanks BeerMonkey.

My friend that had to replace his 360 sent his box with only the console in and he got a free controller with it when it was sent back. Lucky lad.

:S had to have mine replaced 3 times due to RROD and not got a thing presides a free month of xboxlive. that guy have rrod that got the controller?

I don't actually know, but I do know that he is one sonofab*tch. Not that I have a 360 but it would have been good to find in there once it came back.

I've had a controller, viva piñata and viva pinata party animals from microsoft

Ok well i'm back on condemned and after playing fallout and gears, I find the combat mechanics extremely shoddy. If there was the ability to HOLD a block then it'd be fine, but I find myself having to constantly redo checkpoint after checkpoint and.. well I don't find it scary at all. Mostly just ANNOYING. The game has been very unrewarding for the hours I have to put into it. I just don't find it fun, nor scary, at all. Just annoying.

Anyone know if there is going to be a Halo Wars demo?

On the fence about getting it... I do enjoy RTS games but never really played them with a controller...

Would be nice for a demo to see if the controller works well with it.

Damn, I know I have come to the party a bit late, but I am just getting mullered online in Gears of War.:mad:

It's starting to make me wonder when my xbox will brake..rather than if.

When. Not if. This was always a universal truth from the moment an xbox came into your possession.

When. Not if. This was always a universal truth from the moment an xbox came into your possession.

Haha, I did put that. But yes, unfortunetly I'm not looking forward to the day my xbox turns red on me, it makes me scared to play it! :cry:

Well no, it doesn't, but never mind. I think I'm starting to find having an xbox somewhat disappointing, when I got my wii I was constantly excited about having it for about three months, with the xbox had it two weeks and got slightly bored with it. Grr.

Playing it, not playing it, doesn't really seem to matter. I've had people playing on my xbox for about 16 hours before and its been fine. On the other hand Cube just came home from not playing it for days and it RRoD'd.

I went and bought Crackdown again, put it in my box and everything is perfectly fine. After showing a flatmate the down loadable content I then wondered what else there was to do after having got all the achievements off of it.

I then realised there isn't anything to do so I stopped playing.

Damn.

i should get back to finishing Crackdown sometime.

Edit: remembers the reason why i have stopped playing it

How come you didn't check gamefaqs 6 months ago? Even in one of the guides it has a step by step guide how to get through.

I had saved midway through the place, and had no idea how to reset all the rooms. :cry:

I guess I gave up at the first hurdle.

Playing it, not playing it, doesn't really seem to matter. I've had people playing on my xbox for about 16 hours before and its been fine. On the other hand Cube just came home from not playing it for days and it RRoD'd.

Its true! I left mine on for 50 hours straight to get the 50 hours play time achievement on Beautiful Katamari - and it lasted a good year after that!

Haha, I did put that. But yes, unfortunetly I'm not looking forward to the day my xbox turns red on me, it makes me scared to play it! :cry:

Well no, it doesn't, but never mind. I think I'm starting to find having an xbox somewhat disappointing, when I got my wii I was constantly excited about having it for about three months, with the xbox had it two weeks and got slightly bored with it. Grr.

Could it have anything to do with the timing? I can't really remember when you got your 360 but there was probably less going on in your life when you got your Wii, so it took precedence, but since you've got your 360 and indeed now got university and a new life do you think that has anything to do with you neglecting it?

Just throwing that out there, mind. :)

It more than likely is, I've got quite abit of work to be doing whilst at uni, shame really because I've got a few good games to finish

Hmm, I just downloaded a new 360 update. I boot up Fallout and after 10 minutes i've got a RROD... Has anyone else had any issues with the new update?