NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

The update was meant to fix the No HDMI audio bug with monitors and some TV's as far as I know I'm not sure if there's any other fixes or changes.

Hmm it could be a coincidence I guess. It's just strange how it seemed to happen straight after the update. Though, my 360 is now dead so i've set up a repair.

Thank god this thing got patched.

I kept constantly getting missed audio/skipping audio on some games. Really annoying.

Ah well, at least its fixed now.

Hmm it could be a coincidence I guess. It's just strange how it seemed to happen straight after the update. Though, my 360 is now dead so i've set up a repair.

System updates can randomly cause RROD.

System updates can randomly cause RROD.

Yeh, does seem to be the case. It's too much of a coincidence.

ARGH fucking guitar hero.

Finally got World Tour, got really hyped to play it, start playing Beat It by MJ and I failed the song before i've pressed a button or even strummed. Looks like my strum bar is faulty because there are occasions where it'll just register that i'm pressing it when i'm not (i knew it looked a bit loose). What's annoying though is that i got the game from Morrison's which is almost 30 minutes away and i'm not actually gonna have a chance to go there again (we jsut happened to be passing through it the first time).

Any ideas what i can do? I heard there were some issues with some of the World Tour instruments, do they arrange a pick up/exchange or something?

So the red ring of death thingy, Someone explain it to me. I'm a new owner of a 360 and have heard of people getting the RROD but why?

Have they sorted out the problem with new machines?

They claim to have sorted the problem with the newer machines. However, they're all prone to it, just that the newer machines are less prone to getting the RRoD. Don't know the exact cause of it (something to do with a heat sink and microsoft being cheapskates and making a chip themselves) but it doesn't look like they'll ever fix it completely.

So the red ring of death thingy, Someone explain it to me. I'm a new owner of a 360 and have heard of people getting the RROD but why?

It's basically an error code: the lights on the front of the console flash red when the console dies.

It's less common with newer machines, but still possible.

Edit:

The closest thing to LEGO Halo:

Mega Blocks: Halo Wars

speaking of guitar hero there is occassions when i play a sustained note and when i finish the note i lose my streak (missed a note) i dont get what i do wrong. I dont to my knowledge do anything different.

On sustained are you susposed finish the strum at the end of the note...beginning and hold note?....i dont strum twice...was annoying me to no end eariler on rock band never used to have this problem when playing i dont get it

advise please :)

OXM march reviews:

RE5 9/10

++ An action spectacular with terriffic production values

++ Excellent co-op game

++ Huge variety of environments

- Item management and control issues

? Will Evil arise from the ashes of Raccoon City?

Halo Wars 9/10

++ Despite jumping genres, still feels like a Halo game

++ Easy and engaging to pick up and play

- Minor AI and pathfinding annoyances

? Where are the Covenant and Flood campaigns?

Fear 2 7.5/10

+ Intense combat with well-executed slo-mo powers

+ Respectable mulitplayer

- Nothing scary here more on

? Is this game trying to set the record for the most dead-ass corses per square inch?

Skate 2 8/10

AFRO SAMURAI 7.5/10

SPACE INVADERS EXTREME 8/10

STOKED 7.5/10

LORD OF THE RINGS: CONQUEST 4/10

JEDI TEMPLE MISSION PACK - DENY

MINESWEEPER FLAGS 6.5/10

NPPL CHAMPIONSHIP PAINTBALL 2009 4/10

3-ON-3 NHL ARCADE 7/10

I don't think they'll ever fix it. They're always bringing out newer and newer models but I don't think they'll ever truly erase it. Simply put, you get 3 red lights on your machine and chances are it will never work again. You have a 3 year warranty for if it happens. I think the newest model is Jasper so you can look on the back of your 360 to see if that's the model you've got, if it is it's the most reliable.

What if you get your Xbox replaced? Is there a brand new 1 year warranty and 3 year RROD warranty with it?

I like this idea.

Interesting one this.

Rare told VG247 that soon gamers would be rewarded by more than achievements for their games, they'd also get avatar clothing options and accessories out of it.

Art Head over at Rare, Lee Musgrave stated that "In time … games will be able to give away clothes and accessories just like Achievements."

To what extent and who wants to play ball is unconfirmed at the moment, but soon you could have more than one excuse to do certain tasks in your titles.

What are your thoughts on this? Our thoughts are that this is a double win situation. Ever wanted a t-shirt to show off your Left 4 Dead expert achievements? Or maybe you wanted a cap with the Seriously 2.0 logo on. The options are limitless in effect.

We ask, how long until significant props are introduced. I mean, how awesome would it be wield a lancer for your avatar to don that makes your mates jealous every time they log on? The answer I do believe is "incredibly awesome."

It wouldn't surprise me if there were the odd free outfits tied to an achievement here or there, but then equally unsurprising are the conjoined ideas of either a) the exact same costume might be available for purchase anyway, or b) all the better costumes still require teh moolah.

An amalgamation of the gamerscore with the trophy reward system and the trophy collection in Smash Bros Melee would be orgasmatastic.

Sounds like a great idea. Would be a bit more rewarding that just a score really. Hope it comes into games soon, and hope some good developers/big developers pick up this idea.

Yeah it does sound like a pretty cool idea. Would be good to show off some of the really hard achievements to get that u have unlocked! :p

ARGH fucking guitar hero.

Finally got World Tour, got really hyped to play it, start playing Beat It by MJ and I failed the song before i've pressed a button or even strummed. Looks like my strum bar is faulty because there are occasions where it'll just register that i'm pressing it when i'm not (i knew it looked a bit loose). What's annoying though is that i got the game from Morrison's which is almost 30 minutes away and i'm not actually gonna have a chance to go there again (we jsut happened to be passing through it the first time).

Any ideas what i can do? I heard there were some issues with some of the World Tour instruments, do they arrange a pick up/exchange or something?

I think it could be due to the touch pad, not the strum bar. See if you can disable it in the options, that should give you a temporary fix.

I got Game to swap my Xbox (with a little help from a friend).

Cool!

When my PS3 was faulty GAME let me just take it into them and they exchanged it for me! (Obviously with my receipt)

Cool!

When my PS3 was faulty GAME let me just take it into them and they exchanged it for me! (Obviously with my receipt)

Which is why it's a slight pain when I got mine from woolies, I'll always have to send it back directly rather than a store. :cry:

Oh well! I may actually play my xbox tonight, it's getting dusty!

Which is why it's a slight pain when I got mine from woolies, I'll always have to send it back directly rather than a store. :cry:

Dusty!? Man can I have it lol. Mine always dies when I get a new game :cry:

Dusty!? Man can I have it lol. Mine always dies when I get a new game :cry:

I've not played it since I got back to uni which was on the 10th Jan :o. No you can't I waited years for one of those damn boxes! :bouncy:

Oh shit yeah. These damn companies going bust! :sad: