NEurope
Stocka

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Nope, not a huge fan to be honest. Got stuck in some water maze and just gave up.

Was the the place that you had to flip switches for some massive rotating island type thing so you could get out of the dungeon?

That was the most irritating parts of the game. Once past that though you get to meet Viola who has the most badass move ever; Bone Crumble. Love it.

At least I think. Or did you meet her before...

Am I the only one on N-E that doesn't really like Eternal Sonata? Seems like it :)

Ive not played it but i have seen alot of people hating it online.

Only thing I don't really like about ES was the concept of it. Don't like playing through the game then getting hit with a history lesson. Aside form that and the stupid maze that rotates I think it's pretty good.

Am I the only one on N-E that doesn't really like Eternal Sonata? Seems like it :)

I agree I thought the story and characters were absolutely dire and the dialogue..... the dialogue is so bad that it made me cringe almost everytime a cutscene started.

It has great art design and soundtrack and the gameplay is okay but a bit repetitive.

A enjoyable JRPG for me is one that has a balance of both good story/characters and gameplay or good gameplay alone but ES doesn't really excel in either.

I can see what you guys mean about Fort Fermata (I assume that's the water maze thing you are all talking about).

Just got there and been around a bit , and can already tell that isn't going to be much fun. I may have been premature in my initial enthusiasm , will have to wait and see.

In reguards to Fort Fermata, this really helped me get through...

incase some people didn't see it before :p

Holy shit. I went back to Eternal Sonata today. I gave up at the Fort Fermata maze thing about 6 months ago? But today I got myself a map:

eternalsonatafortfermatkx8.gif

(incase anyone else needs it)

Switch one resets all the rooms.

WOW! I've just seen the Mass Effect premium theme and the next time I go on Live im so buying it.

21awemp.jpg

la9mf.jpg

29w1e8y.jpg

2lda7g7.jpg

Wow indeed. That looks awesome. Never bought a theme for my 360 (my brother bought the Assassins Creed one) but tempted with that. Very nice.

In reguards to Fort Fermata, this really helped me get through...

incase some people didn't see it before :p

Switch one resets all the rooms.

Cheers Letty , didn't need it though.

Tackled it with a clear head this morning and have just got through , although after looking at the map I may have missed an item or two.

EDIT - That ME theme looks fantastic , may have to invest myself , even if I still haven't got around to finding the time that the game itself deserves :p.

Ehh, I'm not so sure about that ME theme. The logo is just too ugly and prominent, who wants big chunky text in the background of what is essentially an image driven menu system? It would look so much better without writing on - with writing it essentially looks like a big billboard for an old game.

does anyone know if the american version of Tales of vesperia will work on a pal console? (wishful thinking?)

Bioware Teases New Mass Effect DLC, Next DLC "Fight Club", Dicusses Darker ME 2 Theme.

I actually started Mass Effect earlier. Got to some point you needed to do a mini game of some sort to open a door.

It is something like simon says? I guess I should read the manual...

Still, this game feels like it's gonna be epic.

I love achievements as much as the next points whore but surely they are having a laugh now.

Microsoft recently sent out a survey asking gamers how they feel about Achievements. Towards the end, one of the questions asked how you would feel about certain Achievement types. One of the options is fairly interesting.

"Providing Achievements for non-gaming uses of your Xbox 360 (e.g., "The Film Buff: You've watched 50 DVD's")"

lol yes because watching loads of films on ur 360 is a real 'achievement'. :indeed:

I love achievements also but some of them do just take the piss!

Anything to encourage people to RRoD their consoles 'i.e. play it to death"

Achievements should only be for the games.