Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Gorillaz are gone

arab_freak

http://www.mansized.co.uk/news/story.phtml/125

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1528295/20060410/story.jhtml

Sad to hear, but there still is a chance to see them return. I don't get why they killed Noodle off, though. Seemed pretty pointless killing off a "popular" member of the band. Shutting down Gorillaz is a pretty bad move, Albarn is better of with the Gorillaz than with Blur (IMO). Kind of like the relationship Justin Timberlake has with N'sync. :P

Guest Jordan

Awww... i'm gunna miss the Gorillaz. They had a very original image and Noodle was weirdly hot in the 'Dare' video.

they will be back! after their first album i thought wed never here from them again. . . then they came back with an absolutly HUAGE album just to prove me wrong. theres nothing definitvie in the article other than they want a break for a few years to 'do other things'.

they will be back-or else i will have to look else where for great music videos and funky songs hehe

They were at their peak, better to go out on a bang than whisper off like the wind.

I think some artists are just better off stopping when they're at their peak.. I love Gorillaz but Damon will always work on great projects, it's not like he's retiring or anything.

He probably has a ton of contacts and plans.

I thought Think Tank was amazing.. Coxon's album was pretty piss poor from what I heard, Guardian reviewed it quite highly though.

Even though I wasn't really a huge fan of their music (although I did like Clint Eastwood, 19/2000 and Feel Good, Inc), I always thought the concept of the band was really good, and I loved watching their videos (shame Noodle got killed off in their last vid), and I'll miss them.

Gorillaz were a brilliant band and a brilliant concept. This was so sudden, I never saw it coming. They will always reamain brilliant imo! It is sad to see them go, but going out in style is prolly best. Though this does kind of explain the ending of the "El Mañana" video... :(

Im a diehard blur fan and none of you could begin to understand how much I adore blur, so all i'll say is:

BBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! wOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 BLURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR ARE THE BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! BLUR BLUR BLUR BLUR BLUR!

and guys, buy the Kids with guns single NOW as the B side on it is one of their best songs ever produced. Stop the Dams is by Damon and his icelandic pals Ghost Digital. Albarn created a movie soundtrack with Einar Orn Bendiktsson back in 2001 called 101Reykjavik and they are good friends.

Heres for a new BLURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BLURRRRRRRRRRRRR BLURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR album!

Did i mention that I liked blur?