N-Europe

Playstation Discussion Archive

CooInTheZoo

U would think that but they have to do quite a bit to convince the jap crowd at this stage.

They can only come back fighting with nintendo not there:D

PS3 vs Wii will be a mecha battle!!!!

but if Dragon Quest is on Wii for launch in Japan then Wii will have a clear headstart!

if it werent for FF XIII i think Wii would obviously dominate.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, how often do you look at a console while you play it? All of mine are under the TV in a cabinet; have you got yours strapped to your head or something?

And the weight - again, my consoles are under my TV. I dont generally see the need to carry them wherever I go.

A lot of pointless fanboy posts in here that really arent worth picking apart. Oh well; more PS3s for the rest of us.

Nice post Owen.

Thankyou! Yeah it's come to the stage where i'm actually scared to say that my family is getting a PS3 at launch :D , i actually really like the look of the console alot, it's very big, but it's kinda stylish if you ask me! and i'm really looking forward to playing Warhawk with the tilt controller and seeing how it all plays/looks.

I agree that i haven't been blown away with the games either, but i'm pretty sure Sony have lots of brilliant games in the making, surely you don't want to miss out on these?

Don't get me wrong, the Wii is better and it should sell more then Sonys PS3 (purely for it's innovation) but it's a little unfair to totally say the PS3 is a failure without actually playing it or giving it at least a year?

My opinion of course! :)

I just love games! So i'm not missing out on the 360 exlcusives, the Wii exclusives or the PS3 exclusives (and yes, there will be some). ;)

EDIT: and i personally think it's a bad idea that Nintendo aren't a TGS. I mean we all know they stole the show at E3, but that doesn't mean you can skimp on the conferences after! Nintendo really do have to fight constantly here! I understand it was my own thought when i hyped myself over Leizep, but my god, that conference was appalling and awfully dull. So every company make mistakes.

well, taking away the german one (as they didn't make any mistakes in my opinion as it was never meant to be a big event) i think they're doing fine. they have their very own 6 hour conference on 14th, what more do you want?! that's bigger than what any keynote could ever be at TGS!! and nintry not being there is not surprising, as it's sponsored by sony.

and i think it DOES matter about what the console looks like, not at the buying stage no but later. it won't stop anyone from buying it, no, and if the Wii looked like a well slapped whore i would still buy it, but when i get it home i want it to look good under my telly lol. if i was buying a ps3 i'd wana hide it... or at the very least buy stronger glass shelves!! ;)

so tell me what are the main reasons for getting a PS3 over an xbox 360?

im interested in the PS3 but i wont get one for a few years but i dont understand why people are so desperate for it besides for MGS4 and FF XIII

so tell me what are the main reasons for getting a PS3 over an xbox 360?

im interested in the PS3 but i wont get one for a few years but i dont understand why people are so desperate for it besides for MGS4 and FF XIII

Devil may cry, level5 love of sony and heavonly sword is enough for me

I've said countless times. Nippon Ichi Software are supporting the Playstation 3. I need more strategy RPGs. Also the console will be showered in RPGs and SquareEnix loving and no doubt sequels to some awesome this gen games. A next gen God of War :o

Oh and it has Virtua Fighter 5. ^_^

I've said countless times. Nippon Ichi Software are supporting the Playstation 3. I need more strategy RPGs. Also the console will be showered in RPGs and SquareEnix loving and no doubt sequels to some awesome this gen games. A next gen God of War :o

Oh and it has Virtua Fighter 5. ^_^

do you have all NI's games on PS2? i was tempted to get a couple other but i havent come close to finishing disgaea and i've had it for YEARS and like you mentioned in your video blog- 2 will be out in a few months over here :S

i look at the PS3 and see dispointment atm-just because i know fuck all about their wanna be live 'network platform' thing and they dont really have anything original, like live and its arcade or like the Wii-mote and Wii connect 24 and the VC.

i will get one for these titles but i dont see why everyones going mental for one NOW.

Thats the same as I feel, I know I will pick one up eventually but nothing has been shown that will make me buy one on release. I mean noway will FF and MGS be ready for launch. Unless Sony suprise me at TGS it will be a very long time before I pcik a PS3 up.

Does anybody have an idea how many PS3 units will be allocated to the UK? Apparantly there were only 50,000 Xbox360 units in the UK even though Microsoft shipped 300,000 units to Europe.

Even with 2 million units at launch I take it that the UK will still see some severe shortages and probably rediculous prices on ebay? My cousin wants one on its launch so its probably best to be safe and pre-order asap than to be dissapointed innit :P

Does anybody have an idea how many PS3 units will be allocated to the UK? Apparantly there were only 50,000 Xbox360 units in the UK even though Microsoft shipped 300,000 units to Europe.

Even with 2 million units at launch I take it that the UK will still see some severe shortages and probably rediculous prices on ebay? My cousin wants one on its launch so its probably best to be safe and pre-order asap than to be dissapointed innit :P

i'm thinking between 200,000 and 400,000 for europe for launch which probably means between 50,000 and 75,000 for the uk.

Sony will try and beat M$ sales figures everywhere except their figures will be 'shipped'. so expect a few more than 360 IMO.

and i believe Sony is only really meeting preorder demand so either lay down 150 quid or be disapointed (you'll prob be disapointed even if you DO get a PS3 at launch but thats my opinion)

:laughing:

I'm thinking about buying on at launch to sell on Ebay.. Do you guys think it's a good idea?

I plan to. I'd say its guaranteed to go somewhere between £600-1000. Pays for christmas. Students; use your loan to get as many as you can ;)

Aye its a good idea :idea: You should easily be able to sell a PS3 on Ebay if you get one at launch

I would keep it tho if I was you

And waste all that money?:hmm:

If you buy one and sell it on eBay for quite a bit more than u spent, you get something called PROFIT.

Then if you actually want a PS3, get it when the price comes down to something reasonable, oh I dunno, when the ps4 comes out:rolleyes:

I plan to. I'd say its guaranteed to go somewhere between £600-1000. Pays for christmas. Students; use your loan to get as many as you can ;)

Hmm this could be a good idea. Do you think panic buying will happen? I need to use my loan for some money making scheme. Oh wait I won't be able to afford a ps3 as I have no money at all. Hmm just enough to pre order a wii maybe. And I certianly won't be selling that baby! :yay:

Just seen a video over at Gametrailers.com where they show the final retail version of the PS3 and it is pretty damn big!!! It weighs 5 Kilos as well!!!!!

As with most of you, I also feel that the PS3 isn't looking that appealing right now. I don't have a problem with how it looks or anything, I just think the thing is too damn expensive!!! It'll probably have some of my favourite series and games on it, but I think I'll probably wait until all the hype is over and a price cut is introduced.

Nippon games I have are Disgaea, La Pucelle Tactics, Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom and Disgaea 2 coming in the post. I've also got a couple of games published by them as well. :)

so basicly all NI's games that are out in the west? lol

i was tempted to get makai kingdom after it came out but too late now! digaea 2's on the horizon.