NEurope

The forums work fine on my old mac but won't on my new one. I've tried different browsers, flushing DNS and still nada.

In Chrome (7), I still have some display issues. The frontpage looks ok now, but when I click an article, it still displays incorrectly. I'm sure it's the exact same problem as with the frontpage first, slthough this is less annoying. But the title of the article, the menu on the left, and the searchfield, all display over the logobanner.

Weirdly, in IE 9, it initially loads up the same as in Chrome, but seems to correct itself, I assume when it's fully loaded, then looks ok.

But, it seems to have a different issue on the forum itself, the sponsor links below.

Screencap attached if you're interested.

I'm sure I can fix the Chrome bug I just haven't had any free time lately. I'll get that header issue fixed ASAP.

That footer thing is weird though, I'll have a look at that today.

I'm sure I can fix the Chrome bug I just haven't had any free time lately. I'll get that header issue fixed ASAP.

That footer thing is weird though, I'll have a look at that today.

The difference between you and me. You think you have a solution whereas I just spend hours looking at things and thinking "WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING!?!?"

The point of the shake up/locking of threads was to increase threads, posts, activity and community enjoyment, is this correct?

I would say that is correct (but feel like I'm walking into a trap).

Correct, but its a trap you control the answer too....

Thus, I think (it has been a success) and thus further, the thanking limit was arranged pre-shake-up, and thus further still I think the Thanks limit should be raised. Even if its just slightly...to like....7.....as there are more posts to thank per day.

There have been a lot more "ran out of thanks today" posts. It's an admin thing though so nothing I have control over.

We need team ShortAsh.

Yeah, I've been running out of thanks for a while now. But that also has to do with a huge increase in MEGAWESOME posts as of late.

Correct, but its a trap you control the answer too....

Thus, I think (it has been a success) and thus further, the thanking limit was arranged pre-shake-up, and thus further still I think the Thanks limit should be raised. Even if its just slightly...to like....7.....as there are more posts to thank per day.

Wait you can't invoke a "if it existed pre-change it can be reconsidered" clause.

If so you joined before the clause...

Wait you can't invoke a "if it existed pre-change it can be reconsidered" clause.

If so you joined before the clause...

What are you....trying to.....

Rez just no.

No more bloomin thanks, we have enough. flips sake... the more you can use, the less value they have.

The less value they have? They're not exactly gold bars, its just an acknowledgement of awesomeness on a forum, not really a big deal.

On the one hand, I've been low on thanks for a couple of days. It seems as soon as I can thank again, they're gone! -- but I have to say this isn't usual for me. I'm usually fairly reserved with them. If you have a bunch of posts in a row admitting they liked your latest ReZ Daily or holiday diary, then you can just quote 'em all/none of them and say "thanks guys" or whatever. I dunno. Just... reserve them :P

On the one hand, I've been low on thanks for a couple of days. It seems as soon as I can thank again, they're gone! -- but I have to say this isn't usual for me. I'm usually fairly reserved with them. If you have a bunch of posts in a row admitting they liked your latest ReZ Daily or holiday diary, then you can just quote 'em all/none of them and say "thanks guys" or whatever. I dunno. Just... reserve them :P

I'm obviously not easily impressed or i'm just lazy as I've never ran out of thanks :heh:

Most of the time I forget thanks are there. It's only after I see another thanks I thank someone myself. It isn't that we need more ammo each day, it's that we need to be more considerate of who we thank and for what.

Can't we integrate a golden glowing thanks for that ultra thankable post each day? Surely that wouldn't be so difficult, and it would only be adding one extra awesome opportunity to thank someone for something awesome.

Most of the time I forget thanks are there. It's only after I see another thanks I thank someone myself. It isn't that we need more ammo each day, it's that we need to be more considerate of who we thank and for what.

Can't we integrate a golden glowing thanks for that ultra thankable post each day? Surely that wouldn't be so difficult, and it would only be adding one extra awesome opportunity to thank someone for something awesome.

but then Rez would want 5 of those... :heh:

Just to clarify... things like "thanks" button are not built by us. They are extensions built and shared on the vbulletin site. We don't really have the time to learn how to build and modify vbulletin extensions so unless such a feature has already been invented by someone else, it's not likely to be implemented in the near future. Unless I suddenly find myself unemployed or a forum member with great php knowledge wants to donate their time.

Why have you guys ruined the simple concept of a "thanks"?

It was implemented to thank people who have helped you out. Not because their post was funny, or even because you agreed with them.

If you want to get that message across, then simply respond to them using words. 'Thanks' is not supposed to reduce the amount of posts in a thread.

It was implemented to thank people who have helped you out. Not because their post was funny, or even because you agreed with them.

..............No it wasn't....?

Thanks is there for bragging rights, just like penis size and the amount of wives a man has.

Once again showing that Harry Dean Stanton is better than everyone.

Is anyone else having problems with the forum?

For me pages are either taking ages to load or im getting an error message about there either being maintainance or too many people trying to use the site.

Is anyone else having problems with the forum?

For me pages are either taking ages to load or im getting an error message about there either being maintainance or too many people trying to use the site.

I was just going to ask about the fact that they seem to be really slow, so no, it's not just you!