NEurope

Yeah we're looking in to the cause of slow down on the site. If you can't get on at all it's probably because apache is being restarted and you should just have to wait a min or two.

There's basically an issue where the backup, which starts in the early hours of the morning, seems to loop over and over until someone forcibly restarts the server.

So yeah... It's being looked into and is not a common occurrence. This is a top quality server normally reserved for large online stores who pay for top hosting so there are definitely people working on getting it sorted.

So is "The best thing to happen to you today" the new mega thread with random posts?

I don't mean to be an ass and I can see that Wolfy did intend for it to be something else...

But... it will just turn into the meaningless post/how is your day etc. style of thread surely?

Well, hopefully not. Maybe thread-bans will be used if people use it to post things other than "the best thing to happen to them today". (This is something I just sporadically thought of, not something that's been considered).

Edit: Or perhaps the best thing to happen to you must be a bit less subjective. I mean, on a day when you get mugged and your house burns down, smashing your face into a car door might just be the best thing to happen to you today.

Maybe your day's thing has to reach at least a 7 on a predefined awesomeness scale.

Edited by Shorty

There's a cycle on the forums where a thread in particular seems to soak up all the discussion.

MPOTD, HWYD, and now TBTT (the best thing today) is looking to be the likely candidate.

Why is everyone so afraid of it turning too HWYD? I'm honestly curious.

I'm not afraid, but it seems like the whole getting rid of threads/people getting annoyed/then people accepting it thing that happened would be wasted if it was to just start again from the beginning.

There's a cycle on the forums where a thread in particular seems to soak up all the discussion.

MPOTD, HWYD, and now TBTT (the best thing today) is looking to be the likely candidate.

I still don't see how it soaks up too much discussion. The initial movement of starting new threads for smaller subjects have already calmed to a level close to what we had before.

So uh... can I have my old ID back?

I realise this is IMMENSELY cheeky, but it would mean no more Glee signature or avatar.

So what, you're just fine with risking the HAX EXPLODING DESTRUCTION of the interwebz now? Fucking careless.

So what, you're just fine with risking the HAX EXPLODING DESTRUCTION of the interwebz now? Fucking careless.

I am fine with that. I just want to be who I am again.

I'm pretty sure I've said on multiple occasions that I'm the real Rokhed.

Scoop is a better username.

The3rdChildren just brings up images of Josef Fritzl.

Ouch man! Ouch!

While I don't completely disagree with the Fritzl thing, I just like the Engrishyness. It confuses and amuses.

Edited by Guy

Ouch man! Ouch!

While I don't completely disagree with the Fritzl thing, I just like the Engrishyness of The3rdChildren. It confuses and amuses.

Poor choice of wording.

So, just for ultimate clarification, that's a very polite no to my request?

I would say it's a jokey no. (It's not actually being discussed behind the scenes so I don't really know.)

I would genuinely like it back. I'm like the rat in Ice Age with the acorn. Liono without the Eye of Thundera. He-Man without his powers. I can go on.

As a peace offering, I am more than willing to spend a month with it modified to one of the following:

- TheNerdChildren

- The3rdChicken

- TheTurdChildren

- TheBirdIsTheWordChildren

- TheSadChildren

- Glee_Is_Rubbish

[edit]

... IT'S A DEAL.

Edited by Guy
Automerged Doublepost