N-Europe

Questions

Ashley

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Apologies if I should have found this elsewhere, but what’s the best method for including images within a post?  I know you can insert an image via a url link, and in Tapatalk you could add your own images.  With the updated forum (which I’m liking the look of) not working for me anymore in Tapatalk, is there a way to add in your own images?  Thanks!

5 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

Apologies if I should have found this elsewhere, but what’s the best method for including images within a post?  I know you can insert an image via a url link, and in Tapatalk you could add your own images.  With the updated forum (which I’m liking the look of) not working for me anymore in Tapatalk, is there a way to add in your own images?  Thanks!

Just to check are you talking about uploading your own image? 

In the browser when you click to respond you'll see the option at the bottom of the text box. 

We no longer officially support Tapatalk and I don't use it personally so can't say for certain exactly how that works sorry. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Just to check are you talking about uploading your own image? 

In the browser when you click to respond you'll see the option at the bottom of the text box. 

We no longer officially support Tapatalk and I don't use it personally so can't say for certain exactly how that works sorry. 

Thanks Ashley. Yes that’s exactly what I mean.  Not a problem about Tapatalk for me, I only used it in occasion when I wanted to upload my own image.

For me, at the bottom when I reply I only get the option to “insert image from URL” and have to choose a web address.  Is this what you and others do?  Is there a way to insert your own images? (I’d add a screen grab of what I can see, but… you know! 😂)

11 minutes ago, WackerJr said:

For me, at the bottom when I reply I only get the option to “insert image from URL” and have to choose a web address.  Is this what you and others do?  Is there a way to insert your own images? (I’d add a screen grab of what I can see, but… you know! 😂)

Yeah, I think a lot of us here have either used URLs from X/Twitter or dedicated image-hosting sites like Imgur – generally you're probably best off opening said images in another tab to ensure the quality is right (even if it has likely been compressed). The former was definitely the easiest and best way to get images on here back when a straight upload from console images galleries was possible, but that's no longer an option, so ::shrug:

Personally (other than GIFs and news-related things) I tend to make sure I'm using images I'm hosting *somewhere*, such as for Gaming Diary write-ups, just because otherwise you risk the image just being lost to the bottomless pit of the internet at some point! :laughing:

• Thanks 1

Thanks both.  Certainly an option to simply add it would be easier, and appreciate the risk of it starts to get abused.

I haven’t tried image-hosting sites like Imgur before, but will give it a go in the meantime.  Linking to X seems easier, but I’ve found (on the older version anyway) that having too many X links on a page causes it to take a long time to load, and in some cases was causing a page to simply crash.  Of course the hard work on the update may have fixed that (I’m not criticising) I haven’t looked. I appreciate your help and replies on this.

On 8/16/2024 at 9:10 PM, WackerJr said:

Linking to X seems easier, but I’ve found (on the older version anyway) that having too many X links on a page causes it to take a long time to load, and in some cases was causing a page to simply crash.

Totally forgot to respond to this, just wanted to clarify – so while I post the images on X, rather than share the actual post from X itself, like so...

I click the image on the X post (to bring it into full view) and then right click/hold and open the image in a new tab (while still compressed through X, it's much better than the resolution you'll get from opening the image from the standard post view). I then copy that image link and paste in here and it fits in seamlessly I find, and doesn't cause the chugging that X posts can do, so it just looks like this:

GO6H0yTWgAACHZd?format=jpg&name=large

Hope that helps :peace:

• Thanks 1

On 8/16/2024 at 5:41 AM, Ashley said:

Oh maybe it's an access thing then I'd not realised. I'm not adverse to adding it assuming people don't abuse it too much. 

As a rule, image uploads is off (for non-staff) just to save on disk space. I'd prefer images simply uploaded to imgur etc then pasted in.

Tapatalk support for Invision has seemingly been pretty much abandoned by the devs, so we weren't able to keep it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1