NEurope

Forum is being weird lately, is this known?

Like slow, then not loading, then not letting me post threads or reply.

Seriously, this company have like the best advertising campaign ever. And I log onto YouTube (subscribed to them) and now find that YET AGAIN they've got amazing comedian voices of people I adore (this time Marc Wootton)

Well I say that, but I'm only speculative on Milton Jones' but I am almost certain its him. Do you guys agree?

And of course the incredible Matt Berry.

Forum is being weird lately, is this known?

Like slow, then not loading, then not letting me post threads or reply.

Seriously, this company have like the best advertising campaign ever. And I log onto YouTube (subscribed to them) and now find that YET AGAIN they've got amazing comedian voices of people I adore (this time Marc Wootton)

Well I say that, but I'm only speculative on Milton Jones' but I am almost certain its him. Do you guys agree?

And of course the incredible Matt Berry.

Nice!

Yeah it's just being a bit poo.

I posted the same thing 6 times in one thread, although I didn't think it'd been posted at all.

Every time I tried to post it it said to wait 15 seconds.

All you really need to remember is usually when it says you need to wait 15 seconds, if you havent posted really soon before is that your post probably has worked and if you wait then it'll show up. Happens to me occassionally as well. I usually just copy my post to make sure I still have it then carry on viewing the forum.

I have a question for you all.

Why is it when something changes that you don't like, or don't know about and want to be nosey, or when you're just in a mood you're quick to come here (or the suggestions thread as the differentiations seem to confuse most people) and moan but when I increase your PM quota nobody questions it and furthermore nobody thanks me for it?

:heh:

I have a question for you all.

Why is it when something changes that you don't like, or don't know about and want to be nosey, or when you're just in a mood you're quick to come here (or the suggestions thread as the differentiations seem to confuse most people) and moan but when I increase your PM quota nobody questions it and furthermore nobody thanks me for it?

:heh:

Because we don't notice that our PM quota has been increased (I didn't, at least). All those little helpful changes go by unnoticed most of the time. And that's a shame. But come on, when you and your mad admin buddies decide to experiment, you can't expect us not to moan. :heh:

In all seriousness, though, thank you. This is a nice improvement. :)

This WAS a nice improvement. It happened (for like the third time) a few weeks ago.

Surely everyone lives on the cusp of filling their quota?

Um, I just reguarly clean out my inbox. Which is why I never notice the quote increasing. I assumed everyone did that?

This WAS a nice improvement. It happened (for like the third time) a few weeks ago.

Surely everyone lives on the cusp of filling their quota?

Us mere mortals don't tend to get so many PM's ashmon :P

I only recently pushed my limits for the first time, so I'd never much paid attention to the increment before(except once I think, quite a few years back). I DID notice it to be quite a large allowance though, and I thought it was quite cool that the forum's fly like that.

I remember it going up about a year ago...though that might have been for me only :heh:

The servers are unbearably bad recently. Might this be down to increased posting?

Anyway, yeah. Its been bad for a while, often, not just the occasional hiccup as previously.

From what I can tell, the server is just not that great. Coupled with a rather large database (we have millions of posts) and you get the odd hiccup. I'm afraid there's really little we can do about it :(

(we have millions of posts)

So you're saying its my fault?

Lulz/ Thats cool. If I had a job I'd offer a donation. If it helped. Maybe there could be a donation scheme introduced if it'd help.

Perhaps the forums could be pruned? Unless we're preserving it for future generations of Human to study and know what they must not do in order to succeed as a race.

Perhaps the forums could be pruned? Unless we're preserving it for future generations of Human to study and know what they must not do in order to succeed as a race.

God help them.:santa:

Yeah I keep posting, hit the submit reply button, and it just crashes so I reload/have to log back in again via the main page and sometimes its not always there. So annoying. If this is related to ReZ's post does this mean it will be like this for the long term?

It hadn't really occurred to me to prune the forums. It could really speed things up, but it would erase much of our history.

Question. I got a red infraction for spam. Not that it's that big a deal but isn't that quite harsh? Aren't there less, more apt, infractions?

Especially since it's my first "offence".