Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Well yeah, why would you compare the two (except both are instances of me hating the fact you hated a film for no real reason)? AAMM is obviously better.

Even so, I hate your obsession with time management. Fair enough with Solaris or something, even I fastfowarded through thr car scene, but this was a normal/below average running time IIRC. I saw it recently in a double-bill with Broken Embraces and I didn't feel worn out.

There's Something About Mary

First watch. Really liked it actually. Knew it was famous, but didn't expect it to be good. Very well done and some pretty funny bits. And felt kinda original in parts, and almost like a play or farce or something.

I loved the bit when they hear the guy over the radio "I want something to remember you by..", and then she screams, so they assume she's being raped or something, and run in to find her tugging on his leg as he tries to run away with her shoes, screaming "You heartless bitch!".

8/10

interstella5555.jpg

Interstella 5555

Awesome. Essentially an hour long music video, except with a whole album. The way the music works with the scenes is awesome.

Obviously a bit shit if you don't like Daft Punk.

9/10

team_america.gif

Team America

It's still just as funny as it always was. Pure genius.

8/10

interstella5555.jpg

Interstella 5555

Awesome. Essentially an hour long music video, except with a whole album. The way the music works with the scenes is awesome.

9/10

To be honest anyone who doesn't like Daft Punk is a bit shit themselves. =P

But yeah it's great. I need to watch it again at some point. =D

To be honest anyone who doesn't like Daft Punk is a bit shit themselves. =P

Depends which time in Daft Punk's existence is being discussed. I mean, I remember when Discovery came out and I heard One More Time I was disgusted... it's such a terrible song! I thought they sucked! Appearances can be deceiving. It's like Radiohead's Creep... one of the worst songs ever written, and many people judge them by it.

Depends which time in Daft Punk's existence is being discussed. I mean, I remember when Discovery came out and I heard One More Time I was disgusted... it's such a terrible song! I thought they sucked! Appearances can be deceiving. It's like Radiohead's Creep... one of the worst songs ever written, and many people judge them by it.

Oh come on, shut up, really.

Love you really

But One More Time is about being happy and celebrating. How dare you! :heh:

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

CloudyWithAChanceOfMeatballs_000.jpg

Not bad. Just a bit of silly fun (okay it tried sentimental at times but didn't really work). Certainly enjoyable plus a few surprising voices (Mr. T!) Oh and of course NPH.

The credits may be the most unashamedly joyous thing in existence since Coolness;

Abigail's Party

My favourite thing. Really funny/entertaining to watch.

Really well acted and written too.

9/10

I found that was one of those things which I wanted to like a lot more than I did. The actors are all good but are also supremely irritating, all of them. It was good but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I would've hoped. Ah well. I'd give it 8/10.

I was sat at home today, and my Mum decides "ooh, there's a good film on the Sci-Fi Channel that we must watch."

Terror Peak

Without a doubt, one of the worst films I have ever seen. It's just so poor in almost every aspect. Now, this one is for Paj and Chair...it stars Lynda Carter. I was a fan of Wonder Woman when I was a kid and still watch the odd episode whenever it's on tv. But, my God, some of the lines she was given were hideously awful, and to make matters worse she was over-acting every single one of them. Her mouth was open reeeeally really wide and each word was over pronounced and emphasised.

But, she wasn't the most annoying thing by the movie. In fact, she was probably one of the least bad things about it. The actual footage of the Volcano was "spliced" footage taken from a documentary or something and then blatantly inserted into the film. The script was just so, so bad. Even my Mum was laughing, and I hate films where they just make the characters do "dumb" things or make stupid decisions.

This one scene, for some reason the ground starts to shake and the rocks start falling, so instead of running down the mountain/hill, they run into a cave. That's not so bad. Except, the rocks then seal the entrance. At no point do the characters (one is a pretty strong looking boy) make an attempt to move the rocks and try to escape. Theeeen, the Father of one of the people trapped (he's on the outside of the cave) finds where the people are. And, instead of asking them to wait whilst they remove the rocks or get a rescue team, asks them to go deeper into a Cave. As you can imagine, stupid and insane things are found within the cave, ledges start to slip, they have a dozen near death misses...

The decisions I can forgive, because it makes for viewing. But, the dialogue, the over-acting, and constant screams by this one girl. "AHHHH, a rock." "AHHHH, lava." "Ahhhh, there's the rescue helicopter." I wanted to throw her into the volcano myself.

1/10. The one is for Lynda Carter. It's not even one of these "so bad it's funny" movies. It's bad in almost every aspect.

I watched Megashark vs Giant Octopus the other week.

The trailer was a big hit on the Internet a few months back and the title essentially explains the film. Two beasts frozen in the midst of battle are awoken and start causing an awful lot of trouble in the planets seas. Dialogue, acting, CGI are all appalling but as ever it all comes together to create a horribly entertaining mess.

5/10

Way better than 'Funny People' and 'The Invention Of Lying'.

Inglorious Basterds

Still awesome.

The scene in the projector room was pretty good. Both Zoller and Shosana were let down by their genders "weakness" (Lust and compassion respectively). In the shot where the camera was above them, showing them dieing, there was a light on the mans junk and the womans chest (heart). Not sure if it was intentional, but I liked it none the less.

I still didn't like the cinema scene at the end, but I didn't dislike it as much as I did first time.

9/10

Aladdin

Aladdin_l.jpg

I'm sure I ordered the 2-disc version with all the special features I'll watch once, at best...but ah well.

The film itself was of course fun. Nice trip down memory lane (because you know me, I never normally indulge my childish side...) and I'm going to have 'A Whole New World' in my head for days. Aladdin and Jasmine are blatantly the hottest of the Disney couples, but that could be my xenophilia. Although his lack of nipples still disturbs me.

interstella5555.jpg

Interstella 5555

9/10

I was just talking to someone at work the other day about this, I watched it years ago and really enjoyed it and would like to see it again actually. I remember enjoying it loads and Daft Punk are wicked, particularly that album, must get hold of it.

The Red Violin

Well I've watched 3 quarters of this film and loved it but then had to go to a work meeting and it just ain't felt right to watch the end yet but it's a beautiful film. The cinematography is perfect and short story approach works brilliantly. An idea which sounds so simple (lets follow the life of a Violin) is so gripping and well narrated......it's making me want to go watch it now, I need to watch it in entirety though so I can do a genuine review.

So far 9/10

Aww Ashley, I'm there with you, at work they put a Disney Cd on the other day and it really sticks in your head! It's Hakuna Matata for me though.........what a wonderful phrase, dodododoooo

Rambo III

I've never seen either of the first two installments, but the third was totally not what I expected. I don't know what I expected; I'd heard people be like "Rambo is teh awesome!!1!!", and I was expecting something quite bad.

But I actually loved.

I loved how there was a strong anti-war message going through it, and that Rambo seemed to be a reluctant hero. And how it felt quite pseudo-realistic. Obviously it isn't realistic in the slightest, but it felt that he could have been a real life person. Great acting/casting of Stalone.

I just loved so much the bit where he pulled out a bow and arrow. Could have been Arsenal's life story. Too great. I'm still clapping, and reeling.

0894_4_lg.jpg

"Die. Cunts."

There were some of the worst one-liners ever in the film. "I'm your worst nightmare." I really hope that was the first instance that that line was used (I can imagine that he "invented" the phrase, like Arnie did "Hasta La Vista, Baby" and "I'll be back") otherwise I'm burning all my books. The script was generally awful.

I just love how he had too many clicks of willpower/outwit/10 attack for me to count.

I quite want to see the others now.

7.9/10

Chairdriver, if you love Rambo III, then you most definitely need to check out the others. I think three is regarded as being the least awesomest out of the lot.

The first film is great, but I think it's great in a different way to 2, 3 and the newest one.

If you love the anti-war message, then I think you'll particularly enjoy the first film. I love it. :)

Rambo 3 is pretty lulz. Jingoistic twaddle, but kinda amusing. The bit where he takes out the Spetsnaz squad in a cave stands out as pretty cool.

The first film is really good though. It's a proper low key action movie that's got a lot more going on upstairs than the sequels.