Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

I saw Dylan Moran at the cinema yesterday (He lives near me). He went to see Mamma Mia twice in a row with his daughter.

I don't know if he enjoyed it or not, but I feel his pain if he didn't. This week I have watched Shrek every day, last week when I was on holiday it was at least twice a day. Curse children!

I don't know if he enjoyed it or not, but I feel his pain if he didn't. This week I have watched Shrek every day, last week when I was on holiday it was at least twice a day. Curse children!

If he's anything like his character in Black Books, he'd be saying "Oh for fuck's sake when does this end?!" whenever another song comes on.

Seriously, the credits come on, I assume it's the end, and then fifteen minutes later I'm still there holding the door open when all the old biddies are still singing along to Waterloo.

If he's anything like his character in Black Books, he'd be saying "Oh for fuck's sake when does this end?!" whenever another song comes on.

Seriously, the credits come on, I assume it's the end, and then fifteen minutes later I'm still there holding the door open when all the old biddies are still singing along to Waterloo.

Yeah, but it's a funny atmosphere.

ReZ, I'd be angry too, except it's Mama Mia!, not There Will Be Blood.

It was more enjoyable because the cinema I saw it in was indeed full, and people were clapping and singing (a bit). I wish they'd hired 3 guys that could sing instead of Bronsnan, Firth and Saarkshjfsaf.

I hated Antz.

Anyway, my dad bunged on Matrix Reloaded last night.

Jesus...it wasn't good to start with but it's aged horribly. The "we know what you're going to do" and "it's about understanding" lines are very annoying, and the effects are terrible. A lot of the moves are done in a way where they may as well just have left the string there. And the CGI now look rubbish (the Neo Vs Smiths fight part with the pole and the trucks exploding).

This film is more of a comedy now - laughing at the stupid lines, the string work, the stupid uses of slow motion in places, that none of the actors seem capable of showing emotion, the bad GCI-only sections and various other things.

It shows the bad thing about CGI in films. It may look fine when it's first out, but it never stands the test of time (that only applies to CGI in live-action films - full CGI films age a lot better due to artistic style).

4/10

Matrix Reloaded for dumies:

Pros:

- the Merovingian scene.

- the architect scene.

Cons:

- absolutely everything else.

Simple, right?

Double-bill at the cinema today :-

The Mummy : Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

I enjoyed the first 2 installments (haven't watched them in years though) but this was just horrible. The story had potential but isn't executed well, the action is pathetic, the humour childish, the CGI dated, the acting wooden, it doesn't even look like the actors are trying and Maria Bello is horrible as Evelyn, who she portray's as some posh pensioner. Avoid like the plague.

1.5/10

The Dark Knight

Awesome! Very enjoyable, and a great sequel to Batman Begins. What all the others who enjoyed the film said basically :)

I also got to see it for free, as some old woman in front of me in the queue had free tickets :yay:

9/10

WALL-E made me cry about 8 times.

While the little kids were laughing at him stealing the dead robots wheels, I was sobbing into my shirt.

I've only seen the last 15 minutes.

I knew nothing about the story/characters at all, and I was crying. It's so amazing how they can get so much emotion in with so little dialogue.

Just got back from watching Mamma Mia. :grin: The fourth movie I have seen this year! :o (beats last years record of 3!)

I thought it was a lot of fun. A great feel good movie and everyone was just really happy singing and dancing and I love how they just burst into song.

And I like ABBA songs anyway. :heart:

I'd give this 5 Bears out of 7. :D

wall-e

yay, cute robot, oh hang on, its actualy a little dark, are those ead robots, is he?? HE IS! HES TAKING PARTS OF THE DEAD!

possibly the most charming movie about a grave robbing, rankenstiens monster of a robot ever. also, love the irony or disney saying no to the corpertion. its like jimmy car having a dig at sarcasim.

still, a great film

9/10