Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Stand by Me

Classic coming of age film. Great story, character development, performances and you're sure to feel every emotion known to man throughout.

9.5/10

Mystic River

Satisfying. Lacks something which prevents it from being perfect. Good story and twist at the end.

8/10

Stand by Me

Classic coming of age film. Great story, character development, performances and you're sure to feel every emotion known to man throughout.

9.5/10

Yes! One of my favourite films! Always loved that one. ^_____^

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I loved it. Dunno how folk hated it or said it was bad. Yea the only bit that was 'bad' was the end since it seemed totally obscure, unneeded and stupid. Apart from that it was great.

9/10

Yip whole point gone cause of the end :heh:

not really a 9/10 film though is it? 9/10 should only be reserved for special occassions.. It was good just a 7/10 for me though

If I was doing a proper review I probably wouldn't give it a 9/10, but this thread (for me, anyway) is more about how much you enjoyed the film.

I rate films on how good they are/how much I enjoyed them.

Wanted was a cool, stylish and slick, super violent action flick, with Morgan Freeman swearing, Angelina Jolies naked ass, and a big middle finger to the typical pathetic working man. It suceeded in all it tried IMO, and I was thoroughly entertained, so its an easy 9/10 from me.

Ok, all the rest is debatable, but if that's what you call stylish, you're too big of a Nerd. You know, that mousey kind of nerd that's affraid of the sun.

Pffft, thats bull shit, Im not afraid of the sun....

....I just prefer the dark hue of my damp basement.

Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs

I think i'll give this a 7/10. Finally got released yesterday and from watching it, why doesn't Fry and Leela do anything for their relationship. There's loads of hints, yet nothing happens.

It seemed more plot driven at points, though there's still funny parts throughout the movie, like what Bender had to do to make a deal with the Robot Devil. I'd watch it again just for that part.

I've lost track of what films I've been rated or not but here is the latest selection:

Dead Again

I didn't like it that much ast first but y the end I like the twists it revealed. :)

3 and a half Bears out of 7

13 Days

The Cold War doesn't excite me in anyway! (which is one of the reasons why I'm not taking History next year.)

It was an ok film but I didn't find myself interested really.

3 Bears out of 7.

Dragonfly

This film was odd. A bit slow to start off with and it generally felt a bit pointless and didn't really go any where and the big questions about near death experiences and life after death or something got lost somewhere in the middle of the weird plot. :)

3 Bears out of 7

I Robot

I have seen it too many times now but it remains to be a fairly good action flick. :D

4 Bears out of 7

why doesn't Fry and Leela do anything for their relationship. There's loads of hints, yet nothing happens.

Probably for the same reasons as the last 5 times.

like what Bender had to do to make a deal with the Robot Devil. I'd watch it again just for that part.

The most emotionally confusing part of any film ever. It's such a brilliant scene.

have you sat through them? your brain literaly rots, your heart slows and you become suicidal. the von trap family are responsible for more deaths through suicide then the whole of the nazi party caused in their whole reighn. FACT.

I've never seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, but I can appreciate the quality of music and family entertainment in both Sound of Music and Grease, despite everyone having seen them a zillion times.

Both are excellent films, and probably the best of their genre. They're by no means favourites of mine, but that doesn't = bad.

Bit of a silly comment really. You can dislike them, but they're still good. I dislike lot's of good stuff.

no, it wasn't silly. the reason that people rate these films is because they are either 40 year old sinsters or little girls.

they offer nothing to the world, the music is just annoying, the plots are crap and are definate grounds for a dumping if a woman enjoys either film.

Classics they may be, but I agree 100% with this man.

Batman: Gotham Knight

To cut it short: same idea as The Animatrix. The stories are loosly connected and have some villians from the Batman Universe. The portrayal of Batman lacks detail and he doesn't talk much or fight for that matter. Some stories deal with Bruce Wayne and I found them to be very enjoyable. Overall it's fun to watch and most of the art styles are pretty awesome but I felt like being thrown in the action wondering what exactly the backstory of the criminals was. Sure there was some but it was kept very brief.

7/10

Batman: Gotham Knight

To cut it short: same idea as The Animatrix. The stories are loosly connected and have some villians from the Batman Universe. The portrayal of Batman lacks detail and he doesn't talk much or fight for that matter. Some stories deal with Bruce Wayne and I found them to be very enjoyable. Overall it's fun to watch and most of the art styles are pretty awesome but I felt like being thrown in the action wondering what exactly the backstory of the criminals was. Sure there was some but it was kept very brief.

7/10

ZOMG is this out on DVD yet?

I need it.

---

Chris, the plot of Sound of Music is hardly crap. There's nothing bad about it...Grease has become standard only due to it being the first BIG teen-centered musical/film. Never seen CCBB, to be honest, looks a bit dull. I hate the idea of a talking car.

Tell me, what's your opinion on Transformers? (2007)

Chitty Chitty bang bang scared the living daylights out of me!

IT'S GOT A PEADO KIDNAPPER IN IT

maaaaaaaaan, anyways! Batman (1989)

I dunno what it was, probably the constant switching of cameras to show less of a move than more, (budgetssss) but it felt cheesy :P Till the Joker came on, but again, i felt he wasn't insane enough, when he first killed the grissom guy in his office and ran out of bullets, i expected him to get another gun and continue...

9/10 << points deducted for the above thingys

Chris, the plot of Sound of Music is hardly crap. There's nothing bad about it...Grease has become standard only due to it being the first BIG teen-centered musical/film. Never seen CCBB, to be honest, looks a bit dull. I hate the idea of a talking car.

Tell me, what's your opinion on Transformers? (2007)

singing family run away from nazis. so its a film about jolly cowards?

as for the sound of music only being dissliked by little boys whos balls havent dropped, i assure you, mine have. i dont think photo graphic evidence will be needed.

transformers was one of the single most over rated movies ive ever seen. ive ranted about it many times.

Lord Of War

I think some people would be suprised at the lack of action the movie has considering the title as it isnt an action movie at all. I really liked it though. I was suprised there wasn't more of a story based moral ending, but as it is based on true events the message at the end is even more powerful. Basically, the biggest arms dealers in the world are western countries, and this terrible fact is delivered really well throughout the movie. Great acting by Nicolas Cage and Jared Leto as well.

8/10